Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    9/13/2009 7:23pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On this website NO ONE is above being questioned. In fact, we hold it as a sacred right to question any claims made by any person an request proof of those claims.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/13/2009 8:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCWife View Post
    Hey MCMAPMAN,

How dare you bash a retired officer who served in the SAME Marine Corps as you??? Just because he had to work hard to become an officer and he didn't just go to college and have it handed to him on a silver platter. Do you look down upon all of those who were enlisted men at one point? I would hate to be under your command.
    Being military has nothing to do with the questions..

Here, let me show you a couple of things:

This is the owner of the website, who is military, being questioned:
    Phrost's Military Documents - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

This is a Military Vet who, was being questioned on another website:
    Odd claim against Mark Tripp's credentials, his response. - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

So, be angry but, your Husband isn't above being questioned.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/13/2009 8:11pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryujkan View Post
    I also returned to the Green Belt Instrcutor course at SOI and subsequently was promoted ot Black belt instructor by GySgt Leon Wright. Leon Wright is listed as a subject matter expert for MCMAP. I taught MCMAP for 3 years from 2000-2003 at MCAS Cherry Point and in Okinawa for HQSVC Bn 3rd FSSG 2003-2004.
    Hello Frank,

I was with the 3rd FSSG way before the time of MCMAP.

Is it standard for companies with support battalions to still practice H2H or was this in a special services setting?

Semper Fi,

Joe

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2009 8:11pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man USMCwife, is it that time of the day for you? As Kintanon stated, all are open for questioning on this site.

I know Mr Kise is a part of the USMA(I used to be a member myself, don't laugh) and I hope that Mr. Williams is not solely using Mr. Porter for his rank advancement.

And sempaiman, many people here in the US don't use Japanese terminology correctly, like Soke. And we all know who use that term incorrectly.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/13/2009 10:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Is it standard for companies with support battalions to still practice H2H or was this in a special services setting?
    Joe
    It is not standard for companies with support battalions to participate in the MCMAP program. While the Corps does want to push the idea of H2H combat, it is not mandatory for everyone to participate for anything extra than what is needed for advancement requirements. If a Marine wants to participate in additional training it is encouraged but not required.

USMCwife
    Your statement and turnaround attack on me didn't clear up anything for Kyoshi Williams. The problem still is about his credentials. If he did achieve a PhD then why he is saying it's from a company that was known to manufacture degrees? The problem is that Kyoshi Williams is on the classmates site in an alumni with other people who have all "graduated" from LaSalle University from Louisiana. If you reference the Wikipedia link that was posted earlier you will see that was the college that was a known diploma mill. When calling the actual LaSalle University they informed me that there was no record of a Frank Williams graduating in 2002 as his website stated. I am still waiting for word back from Troy State, as I have contacted them as well. The USJA also has no record of Kyoshi Williams being with them. So if he never obtained ranking with the USJA then he needs to remove their name from his website.

I personally have never met Kyoshi Williams. This subject has been brought up several times in the dojo that I frequent, due to the fact that we receive his students periodically and they seem to have no depth of knowledge in the system. These students typically have elevated rank and substandard technique.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/13/2009 10:43pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmapman View Post
    Joe
    It is not standard for companies with support battalions to participate in the MCMAP program. While the Corps does want to push the idea of H2H combat, it is not mandatory for everyone to participate for anything extra than what is needed for advancement requirements. If a Marine wants to participate in additional training it is encouraged but not required.
    I thought as much, having been there in 81-82 and involved in the martial arts before, during and after my tour.

If I remember correctly, the USMC requirements were passing of rifle qualification and PFT (for all of you non USMC people, all Marines are considered riflemen and must meet a minimum proficiency and physical fitness level).

It is a shame that you don't have enough posts yet to receive PMs.

While I respect the man for his service, there certainly seems, at first glance, to be a bit of rank inflation on his resume.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2009 10:56pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmapman View Post
    There does seem to be a legitimate La Salle University out there as well, however it is for Roman Catholics, and I know from talking with several of Mr. Williams' students he is a Mormon.

Haha I go to La Salle University! It's in Philadelphia, for one. Great school for communication and nursing.

It's run by the Christian Brothers, not the Roman Catholic church. But out of curiousity, does the Mormon cult...er, "faith" forbid people from studying at Christian schools?

If you guys would like, I can have a friend check records in the registrar to see if the phd is from the "real" La Salle. Good idea?

EDIT: Appears you already called La Salle, sorry for not reading all the responses before posting mine! I'm surprised the just gave out that info though, they're usually very strict with records...
    Last edited by Lysol; 9/13/2009 11:04pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/13/2009 11:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysol View Post
    Haha I go to La Salle University! It's in Philadelphia, for one. Great school for communication and nursing.

It's run by the Christian Brothers, not the Roman Catholic church. But out of curiousity, does the Mormon cult...er, "faith" forbid people from studying at Christian schools?

If you guys would like, I can have a friend check records in the registrar to see if the phd is from the "real" La Salle. Good idea?
    Why not checking for a degree program is legit.

Posted On:
    9/13/2009 11:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Toudi Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings,

I have known Frank Williams for a few years now, and he has always been good to me. I'm sure other members in the UMAA could speak up for Frank as well.

Scot

Scot Mertz
    www.toudijutsu.com
    Last edited by samertz; 9/14/2009 12:18am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 12:52am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samertz View Post
    Greetings,

I have known Frank Williams for a few years now, and he has always been good to me. I'm sure other members in the UMAA could speak up for Frank as well.

Scot

Scot Mertz
    www.toudijutsu.com

Hello, and welcome to Bullshido. I'm glad to hear that Frank Williams is a nice guy, but that, quite frankly, is irrelevant to the topic at hand. We are concerned about potentially fraudulent claims he is making. Him being a nice guy does not make him exempt from making fraudulent claims. If you have relevant information, such as names of schools and instructors he has studied with and in what years he has studied, then please provide it. If not, then you are providing no proof concerning the legitimacy of his claims.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast