Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/01/2009 11:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kyoshi Frank Williams

I would like to call into question Frank Williams of the UMAA.

His credentials have some shady aspects to them that I was wondering if someone could clear up. As well as some recent action by Mr. Williams that I would like to bring up as questionable as well.

http://www.havelockkarate.com/center/instructors.html

In here it list's Mr. Williams' credentials. The first thing that I notice right off the top is that he is a graduate of La Salle University with a PhD in Business. That is awesome, however La Salle University was brought into light when a lot of DOD employee's were caught using credentials from them and it turned out that La Salle was a diploma mill. (Buy your PhD for $500 type place).

Here is a wiki for this college. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Kirk_diploma_mills

In addition to this, the Louisiana university is the one mentioned as being the diploma mill, and here is his classmates.com profile stating that he did in fact "graduate" from the known diploma mill. http://www.classmates.com/directory/...egId=101735651

There does seem to be a legitimate La Salle University out there as well, however it is for Roman Catholics, and I know from talking with several of Mr. Williams' students he is a Mormon.

Additionally in reference to his credentials he mentions ranks in made up things such as Tuite. Tuite from Kise Sensei is NOT a standalone art but something that goes in with Shorin Ryu.

As far as other ranking goes, he claims a 2nd Dan in Judo from USJA, that is Phil Porter's group. I have looked up his name with the Marine Corps and he was never an instructor for MCMAP. Zanshin Ryu Jujitsu? What is that? I did a search on it in google and it only comes up with links to Kyoshi Williams and to Aikido Fraud pages. Here is my search that I did. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

If you keep looking it gets worse and worse. Who in Okinawa teaches a system called "Okinawan-Te Karate"? The Matsukaze Jujitsu as well... this is something made up by a Marine Gunnery Sgt. When I did a google search on this it came up with an Aikido website claiming that he is a fraud trying to sell videos so you can learn Aikido for $499. http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showth...t=7172&page=15 There is also some email's in this forum as well where "Master Williams" is trying to respond and sell his product.

These days Master Williams is claiming to be a Kyoshi from some unknown organization (I am thinking he gave himself the title), and hanging onto the coat tails of Hanshi Seifuku Nitta. Now Hanshi Nitta is the real deal, when I was stationed in Okinawa I trained with him and his assistant Kenneth Daniels. However if you look at how much Grand Master Kyoshi Williams is charging for rank promotions () you can see really quick why Hanshi Nitta got in with him.

On a funny side note, the UMAA Website has conflicting information about his credentials than all of his other websites. http://www.universal-martial-arts.org/williams.php

I have also talked to Jerry Devries and Iaso Kise about Grand Poo Bah Master Kyoshi Shihan Frank Williams, and they both have said in so many words that he was a mediocre student who would only show up if he thought he could get face time with Fusei Kise. No one knows where he got any rank past 5th Dan. Except for his photo with Hanshi Nitta holding an 8th Dan which is what he is claiming now.

To top this all off, these days Supreme master of the universe Kyoshi Poo Bah Shihan Renshi Superman Williams is also hosting the McDojo festival of the year. The UMAA Hall of Fame. http://www.umaahof.com/ And again he is riding on Hanshi Nitta's coat tails to sell the event.

I would like to call this guy out as a complete fraud. He has made up credentials, made up degrees, degrees from made up systems, and on top of it all.... He runs a dojo in a strip mall that caters to small children and has CHILDREN black belts running the classes. http://www.havelockkarate.com/instructors.html Look about half way down the INSTRUCTOR's page. I am wondering if these kids are on salary?

Just wondering if anyone else has anything to put in or can debate his complete McDojoness and fraudulent credentials?

Duncan

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 8:04am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I understand Japanese etiquette, doesn't a school only have one "sempai". Sempai simply means "first"...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/03/2009 10:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear MCMAPMAN,

Please don't hide your identity. I am Frank Williams and my dojo is open 5 days a week from noon to 8PM. If you ever get into the MCAS Cherry Point or Camp Lejeune area please give me a call and I will be glad to meet and discuss any questions or concerns you might think you have with or about me and my credentials.

By the way, Isao Kise and Master Kise teach mostly kids as do just about all commercial karate school owners in the USA and Okinawa today. I am not sure what youa re trying to infer since most all of us began our training as kids? They also promote Jr black Belts just as I do?

FYI Kise does promote separately for Kobudo, Karate and Tuite. I suggest you do more research on the subject.

I was certified by Msgt Ron Donvito as a LINE Instructor and Instructor trainer years ago while stationed at SOI Camp Geiger. He was the founder of LINE.

I also returned to the Green Belt Instrcutor course at SOI and subsequently was promoted ot Black belt instructor by GySgt Leon Wright. Leon Wright is listed as a subject matter expert for MCMAP. I taught MCMAP for 3 years from 2000-2003 at MCAS Cherry Point and in Okinawa for HQSVC Bn 3rd FSSG 2003-2004.

This is only one of your mistatements and I will be happy to address any and all of your concerns in person if you have the courage to come and speak to me in person.

If you are a Marine I strongly recommend you think hard and fast about posting falsehoods about Marine Corps Officers in public forums.

In the future you should do your homework and have the courage to address individuals in person. You might find it more refreshing and educational.

My 7th and 8th Dans are from Seifuku Nitta. Nitta sensei is a former student of Kise and Soken and a person who was promoted to 10th Dan by Seiki Toma who you say you know and is the real deal. he will be here today in wash DC if you are in the area please come and visit us and I am sure he can inform you of my abilities and credentials you have called into question.

Please feel free to email me, call or visit my schools at any time. They are near Marine Bases and that should be accessible to you as a Marine.

Sincerely,

Frank

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/03/2009 9:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grand Master Williams;
    So you say that Nitta Hanshi awarded you your 7th Dan, but you have been claiming it on your website for about 4 years or so, maybe even longer but I haven't been following you really before then. Isn't this prior to you being involved with Hanshi? I believe it is... So who awarded you your 6th Dan and 7th Dan other than Hanshi since it appears that he just re-certified you. Also what Hanshi does is significantly different than what Kise does. So don't pull that oh they were with the same teacher crap. Hanshi Nitta does Seibukan from Seiki Toma. He may have trained with Soken some back in the day but his karate looks like Matsubayashi Shorin Ryu. Hanshi Kise's karate is a mix of Shorinji Ryu and Shorin Ryu from Soken. If Hanshi Kise did award you rank in his "tuite" system, then he was just looking for a quick payday and you were the sucker who fell for it. Also if you have made a 5th Dan in Tuite in 13 years of being on Okinawa with Hanshi Kise... wow man that is moving up the ladder fast. That is not even plausible with time in rank requirements.

I have no problem calling you out, because you might be a retired WARRANT officer, but I am the real deal and never had to go through enlisted ranks to get to where I am, and I never had to buy fake degrees from a known diploma mill. You commit so much fraud and promote everything that is negative in the arts so much that you probably don't even try to preserve any type of tradition except the tradition of chasing a dollar.

Recently you joined a private chat group that I am on, and in just a few days you showed everyone in the group just how you really are. If you'd like to prove me and a lot of other people wrong, maybe you should tell everyone the truth about your college degree that you are claiming. If anyone would like to call the real La Salle university to check in about Grand Master Frank their phone number is 215-951-1000 and they have never heard of you.

D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2009 9:43pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How come he claims a nidan in judo on one site, but not on the other? The veracity of his claim can be checked easily enough by calling 877-411-3409.

Oh, and Phil Porter was USJA prior to 1995. After that, he created his own organization and produces ranks through that organization. These are not ranks generally acknowledged by JA, JF, JI, or the Kodokan.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/03/2009 11:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How awesome is this? Grand Master Supreme King of all Martial Arts Frank Williams is a chartered dojo with Phil Porters organization. He must be top notch to be involved with such a fine organization.

http://www.mararts.org/memberlist/usmaclubs/nc.htm Just do a search on here for Frank Williams and it shows his Havelock NC dojo which was referenced above with all his credentials.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/03/2009 11:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The more you search on this guy the worse it gets. Here is a webpage where Grand Master Frank is advertising that he teaches Tai Chi at his school.

http://www.challengermartialarts.com/schoolsNC.htm

Look at the photo on this webpage. Master Frank also does BJJ and MMA. Is there anything this guy doesn't do. I wonder who certified him to teach BJJ. I bet it got it from the do it yourself BJJ course he is selling at the bottom of his site. *reference the BJJ America link with Instructional DVDs and Manuals.*

http://havelockjujitsu.com/index.php

Posted On:
    9/04/2009 8:11am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I mnetioned before about use of "sempai" title. I wish people would use it right. It does not only mean "senior" You can't label a whole bunch of people as sempai. The "sempai" "kohai" relationship is between peoples relationship. I could be Kohai to someone and sempai to someone else. So his sempai's are sempai and kohai to each other. TO me shows he does not know about that and yet he lived in japan 13 years...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2009 11:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju-Ryu/Bjj (White Belt)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Williams hasn't answered some of the questions yet; i.e. College degree, Judo ranking, and BJJ and/or Tai Chi certification??? Also, He's not the only one who mis-uses/misunderstands the term Sempai...it is almost as bad as our use of the term Soke (The Japanese hardly ever use this term, but the good old USA if soaked with Soke!).

Posted On:
    9/13/2009 7:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shorin Ryu, Aikido, Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey MCMAPMAN,

How dare you bash a retired officer who served in the SAME Marine Corps as you??? Just because he had to work hard to become an officer and he didn't just go to college and have it handed to him on a silver platter. Do you look down upon all of those who were enlisted men at one point? I would hate to be under your command.

Frank Williams worked diligently on his PhD for many years, I know this for a fact. He has worked with everyone that you have called into question, this I can prove and so can he. You may call into question his ranks and what he teaches but do you even know how long he has been teaching or studying different martial arts??? Everything that you call in to question is irrelevant to the fact that he has worked hard to become a successful instructor. IF you knew him, you would know this.

The fact that he teaches in a "strip mall" is just ridiculous. Where else would you have him teach in HAVELOCK??? Have you ever been stationed in Cherry Point, do know what is there?? Where is your dojo located at??? Gunners gym, maybe b/c I highly doubt you learn at the main dojo with Isao Kise (maybe next time you can spell his name correctly). Why not start your own school if you are so worried about Frank Williams?? Give him some competition if you can.

Would you bash his students since they learned from him? Would you bash his children who have learned from many instructors including him?

Did you even read the BJJ link? He has certified BJJ instructors teach for him, he does not teach it himself! Oh and the fact that he has "children" who have worked hard to become junior black belts helping him instruct is a normal staple in shorin ryu. Why I remember helping Fusei Kise teach when I was younger. Besides that Isao's son was teaching then too and I know he was still a child then. That is all he has them do, help teach. They do not go in and instruct classes all on their own.

What exactly is it that you have against Kyoshi Williams? Please enlighten me MCMAPMAN, as to what experience you posses?

Sempaiman- as far as your question...There are others in the dojo referred to as Sempai - and it means Senior. That is a blackbelt, a member of the Yudansha - one who is senior to the mudansha (those below blackbelt).
Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast