Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/25/2009 4:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Multiply styles

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'll necro a 2 y.o. thread with a tangential accolade: Sifu Edwards is the real deal.

Sifu Edwards is the real deal, I am 1 of his disciples from the early day's in N.C.. As a retired operator his claims are legitimate. I hadn't talked to him for a few years until last week. And he has since retired from public teaching, only private and prior disciples now. ONE of the ONLY people I've ever met who could legitimately do the "1 inch" punch. His Chin Na control is amazing as well. One of the best Sifu's I've ever met.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2009 4:41pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can absolutely agree w/ you 100% Phoenix as he is honestly one of the best martial artists I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and training with.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    8/25/2009 6:12pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any chance of getting some of his students on video sparring/fighting Southpaw? I know we would all love to see it.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2009 11:37pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Any chance of getting some of his students on video sparring/fighting Southpaw? I know we would all love to see it.
    Not likely. He doesn't teach publicly anymore and the only disciple of his that I know is my Sifu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 10:59am

Style: ex-BJJ, ex-TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never believed that wing chun was that bad.

I had a classmate who learned wing chun from his uncle. we both studied tkd and he can kick 90% of all the students' asses, including mine.

maybe it was just my limited experience that label wing chun as effective.

thanks bullshido.net!

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 1:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix7327 View Post
    Sifu Edwards is the real deal, I am 1 of his disciples from the early day's in N.C.. As a retired operator his claims are legitimate. I hadn't talked to him for a few years until last week. And he has since retired from public teaching, only private and prior disciples now. ONE of the ONLY people I've ever met who could legitimately do the "1 inch" punch. His Chin Na control is amazing as well. One of the best Sifu's I've ever met.
    I also trained under Sifu Edwards and James Widmar before he became a Sifu himself. in the 90's. Back then, everyday, a team of soldiers would come in to train for 2 hours per day. I dont know what unit or whatever they were with, but we would train them for almost a month before a new group came. My experience was that they didnt learn the forms like the regular classes, instead straight training in various single and group fighting reaction. It helped me tremendously to be able to apply the forms that i learned at the night classes against people who were just raw physically fit. But by the end of that month alot of those guys really learned something new. James Widmar usually ran these classes, and there were only a few civilians who came at that time of the day, it was great those soldiers could take some punishment. :)

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    9/01/2009 6:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.