8/31/2009 4:21pm, #31
BTW that video was apparently slowed down because he was so fast.
8/31/2009 7:32pm, #32
Look at your OP again.
A sample counter notification may be found at: http://www.chillingeffects.org/dmca/counter512.pdf. To expedite our ability to process your counter notification, please use the following format (including section numbers):
1. Identify the specific URLs of material that YouTube has removed or to which YouTube has disabled access.
2. Provide your full name, address, telephone number, and email address, and the username of your YouTube account.
3. Provide a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or San Francisco County, California if your address is outside of the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
4. Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled."
5. Sign the notice. If you are providing notice by e-mail, a scanned physical signature or a valid electronic signature will be accepted.
Send the written communication to the following address:
Attn: YouTube DMCA Counter-Notification
901 Cherry Ave.
San Bruno, CA 94066
or fax to:
(650) 872-8513, Attn: YouTube DMCA Counter-Notification
or email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: YouTube DMCA Counter-Notification
So do that, and then wait.
Edit: Also, double-check with Sam that "mistake" in #4 covers fair use (specifically parody).
9/02/2009 5:12am, #33
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
Disclaimer: Not being an American, my knowledge regarding the Constitution + Amendments is dodgy to say the least...
9/02/2009 8:47am, #34
9/02/2009 8:51am, #35
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
Even in the Just-Sue nightmare that is the UK, parody and satire are seen as reasonable defences against libel and copyright infringement. Phrost might want a word with m'learned (American) friends, not just on the matter of the videos, but also YouTube's conduct
Last edited by Truculent Sheep; 9/02/2009 9:04am at .
9/02/2009 8:58am, #36
If it is then it means that phrost can host those videos on Bullshido if he wants.
However if youtube decide to take them down, it's their servers, they can do what they like, it's not a public service provided by the government.
It's a bit like arguing that Phrost et al can't delete someones post on Bullshido as they have freedom of speech etc.
9/02/2009 1:07pm, #37
- Join Date
- May 2007
9/02/2009 1:09pm, #38
You know the terms and conditions you agree to when you join?
Of course there is consideration. Users get to enjoy the forum of videos. Youtube gets ad exposure.
9/02/2009 1:15pm, #39
Ultimately none of his pissing and moaning about this matters because I'll have the video hosted here locally and he SifuItch can just try and come after us.
Also, I'm thinking we should probably look into his situation a bit more if this is how he behaves when someone cracks a joke at his expense.
9/02/2009 1:38pm, #40
at the end of the day, you have no particular right to post on youtube. They don't need grounds to remove anything their server. That's juts how it works.