Posted On:
    4/09/2010 11:25am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: SWORD & BUCKLER

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lklawson View Post
    To you.

To others, WMA means different things. An old style Pugilist or a CaCC wrestler might have a difference of opinion about WMA being about "finishing the opponent."

:)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk
    True if these are all held in isolation. I'm not sure if there would be any isolation in a full blown fight. For us, we do a lot of stuff such as zornort, countercutting to the hands and arms, single time counters which tends, I'd suppose, to favor a quick finish. Hey, Kirk, are you on 'western arts' yahoo as well? Kind of the name seems familiar... :-)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2010 5:17pm

Style: Bowie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ogo View Post
    True if these are all held in isolation. I'm not sure if there would be any isolation in a full blown fight. For us, we do a lot of stuff such as zornort, countercutting to the hands and arms, single time counters which tends, I'd suppose, to favor a quick finish.
    Well, a couple of centuries between the two sorta counts as "isolation" and that's without including the fact that both bare knuckle pugilism and CaCC are intended to be practiced, at least the sporting contest version of them, so that people aren't actually killed.

Hey, Kirk, are you on 'western arts' yahoo as well? Kind of the name seems familiar... :-)
    Yup. That's me.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 8:03am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: HEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwan_dao View Post
    Please refrain from posting such nonsense.

All branches and flavours of HEMA are purely fictional. Each and every one of them is solely based on reconstruction. From books written by people whose actual fighting ability is absolutely unknown. Some of those books are in rhyme and without even bad drawings no less.... this is still Bullshido.
    Sorry to revive an old thread but I found it somewhat amusing that kwan_dao needs two months notice to prepare to fight polar bear if HEMA is just "bullshido". :notworthy
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314