Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2009 3:50pm

Style: Brawling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Noctem View Post
    No ****. I bounced around between hills 425, 722, Vis and Steel Castle. Fortunately most of my time was on remote hillsites.
    I was a CA team leader so I got to play outside the wire and in the riots. The Muslims went Batshit in our sector when they moved the IEBL in favor of the Serbs near Mahala. Fun times, like when the one drunken dumbass Muslim guy when to throw a Russian grenade which are unlike ours and have variable fueses. The type he was trying to throw was for booby traps and went off as soon as he pulled the pin. Talk about laughing our asses off....good times, good times :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2009 5:50pm

Style: ex-BJJ, ex-TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    please make this a sticky.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 6:33am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok I am new here and was just reading through this thread, that guy AR549 or what ever is a total dushe bag! I am currently in the Army, 16yrs and 4 to go. I am sitting in Iraq right now bored off my ass (thats how I found your site..lol) Just want to say thanks to all you Vets. You dont have to prove **** to anyone, you know what you did, you know if your telling the truth. Integrity, it does matter, and real Vets know that. Once again, screw that dumb-ass, thanks to all of you for what you did or are still doing!! HOOAH

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 7:45am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for your service and welcome to the site. Stay safe over there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 8:25am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow... who knew there were other Panamanian friends here...

Ft. Sherman is the one you were thinking of earlier Phrost. (JOTB, right near Colon).

I once had to climb the tower on Ancon Hill. (I was a 31F, Network Switching Systems Operator Maintainer) with the 252nd Sig Co. I did 2 years in Panama 97-99, I got stuck during the canal hand over, and was set to be out of my MOS for over a year.

Just reading about Panama brings up all sorts of memories, the Chiba Buses, the Pedestrian gate at Ft. Clayton. The golf courses at Howard, and playing Cudamundee (however you spell it) polo.

Yes PETA would have hated seeing how we treated those poor animals.

I served as Opfor for Ft. Sherman on numerous occassion, it was where I developed a profound respect for the toughness of even regular infanty guys. I had a memorable experience as Opfor vs. 10th Mountain, they had 30 guys MedEvac'd for Heat related injuries in the first day... poor Ft. Drumm guys, no time given to acclimate.

You ever make it to Isla Grande, or Contadora? I got open water certified on post, and Isla Grande had some great diving.

Did they have the C-130 off the coast of Sherman sunk when you were there? It was a cool little thing to check out while diving. I got my fair share of pain from the fire coral in the area.

It's crazy how easy it is to forget all the names of places and such..
    Wow, it just dawned on me that it has been 10 years since I was in Panama, now I am feeling real old lol.

Anyway, just wanted to say that it is awesome that there is more than one person on this forum who served in Panama, one of the best duty stations of all time for a single guy.

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 7:13am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Noctem View Post
    No ****. I bounced around between hills 425, 722, Vis and Steel Castle. Fortunately most of my time was on remote hillsites.
    Fellow BiH guys.

I was there with SFOR 99-00. I sat in the lap of luxury at Eagle Base in Tuzla. Half the tour doing convoy security (MP) and site security at the "White House". And the last half as the PSO for the Assistant Division Commander. Technically I was a "bodyguard" but in reality it means I got to fly around in Blackhawks and stand around outside of doors for hours on end.

Spent a few weeks in Panama too. Ft. Clayton.

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 7:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I went to most of the beaches including Taboga. Swam out to Drake Island from the fort at Portobello. I believe Contadora was where I rode the horse through the bohillo bar, knocking cheap plastic tables and chairs everywhere.

Posted On:
    3/08/2010 6:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread was a blast.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2010 11:47pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are going to have to ban yourself for such a lame joke. I expected more form you.

Posted On:
    3/09/2010 2:39am

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Naughty necro!
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast