222497 Bullies, 4117 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 10:33am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    So Phrost was a pump jockey?
    While mildly amusing I have to express a supreme lack of caring (I worked fast food through HS and college so who the **** am I to cast aspersions about what jobs you find yourself in). It still qualifies as military service, though there are interesting implications for that in the context of Phrost's obsessive love for Heinlein and Starship Troopers.
    Meh, at one point I had a choice to join a SOAR (special operations aviation regiment) or to the MI unit I finished my last few years in before getting out.

At the same time I met a girl and became engaged quickly, and so the prospect of a stable situation seemed the more "grown-up" thing to do than to get my foot in the door to a career path that'd have me gone 6-9 months out of the year and on call for the rest. I actually had a few buddies who were in that unit, one of whom had a kid he barely saw.

I kind of regret not going that route, but if I had, this website wouldn't be around. After getting ADP job (what they called IT back then), I knew I could make a ton of money as a civilian (this was when the dot com boom was just taking off) and didn't re-enlist.

Ask the staff though, they actually talked me out of going back in a few years ago. There's a PsyOp reserve unit close by and I was considering picking up Arabic and seeing if I could get a slot. I even went so far as to take a test at the local recruiter office at the time to determine if I was a meathead, unworthy of re-enlisting. Apparently I wasn't, and apparently a lot of people in this area really do poorly on that test based on their reactions to my score.

Banned for failing to live up to the standards he expected of others and wasting more time on calling out forum military members' credentials than he spent in his own military career.

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 10:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bulldogging

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Umm, I thought it was common knowledge that I originally signed up as MI, changed the MOS to 77F at MEPS at the last minute because I didn'tl like the 6 year enlistment plus travel restrictions, and then used a re-enlistment option to transfer myself into a MI unit after I'd made NCO wherein I became their Signal NCO (basically the IT guy).

Nice try, but you're butthurt and grasping at straws.

What was your Signal MOS and when were the dates of your school?

What was your E-5 date of rank?

Banned for failing to live up to the standards he expected of others and wasting more time on calling out forum military members' credentials than he spent in his own military career.

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 11:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bulldogging

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh, at one point I had a choice to join a SOAR (special operations aviation regiment) or to the MI unit I finished my last few years in before getting out.

At the same time I met a girl and became engaged quickly, and so the prospect of a stable situation seemed the more "grown-up" thing to do than to get my foot in the door to a career path that'd have me gone 6-9 months out of the year and on call for the rest. I actually had a few buddies who were in that unit, one of whom had a kid he barely saw.

I kind of regret not going that route, but if I had, this website wouldn't be around. After getting ADP job (what they called IT back then), I knew I could make a ton of money as a civilian (this was when the dot com boom was just taking off) and didn't re-enlist.

Ask the staff though, they actually talked me out of going back in a few years ago. There's a PsyOp reserve unit close by and I was considering picking up Arabic and seeing if I could get a slot. I even went so far as to take a test at the local recruiter office at the time to determine if I was a meathead, unworthy of re-enlisting. Apparently I wasn't, and apparently a lot of people in this area really do poorly on that test based on their reactions to my score.
    This is not about what you would have or could have done. Its only about the facts, your truthful military record.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 11:03am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like this story better:
    http://www.theandygriffithshow.net/i...Gomer_Pyle.jpg

I also did a google image search for "Cooter", the mechanic from Dukes, that search yielded exactly what I expected.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 11:03am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ar549 View Post
    This is not about what you would have or could have done. Its only about the facts, your truthful military record.
    Which he already posted.

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 11:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, here's about the extent of the digging I'm going to do on a Friday morning before a long MMA weekend in which I'm working three separate events: I'm taking some pictures of the awards and crap laying around my office right now.

Anyone who's actually been in my office should know what an undertaking doing this is, let alone finding anything under stacks of magazines (the spring-loaded,bang-bang kind), unused computer equipment (why the **** do I have a cisco router on my bookshelf?), and Halloween decorations.

PLDC class picture (can you spot me? I'm the guy in the hat), and the papers from my last re-enlistment (you're discharged and then re-enlisted for some reason):

Close-ups:

Stuff on my wall:

Close-ups. I didn't bother to get close-ups of my trademark registration papers or the VIP pass to Hugh Heffner's suite at the Palms in Las Vegas, but those are also in the above picture.

Here's the Army Commendation Medal:

And here's a picture of a guy with an awesome name from a show on the History Channel that was on my digital camera:

I've had loads of fun playing "Bryan Lee's Buthurt Bonanza" but I actually have to get back to work now.

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 11:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jeeeeez, if only AR549's investigation had been this easy.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 11:16am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know this is MABS but, is it okay to laugh now?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 11:25am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I vaguely remember him trying this a year ago.

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 11:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record, I'm not going to be making any executive decisions about this thread or what's done with it, in case you were hoping to somehow "expose" some hypocrisy in our investigations.

Although we probably should come up with a rule about subjects of investigations who haven't proven their own credentials, wasting the time of legitimate persons by asking for proof of theirs.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast