Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 2:37am

Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How to get friends to see the light.

We all know the stigma that surrounds MA and martial artists. People still think of us as the Karate Kid and Bruce Lee. People ask about Crane kicks and Dim Mak and all that ****.

Every MA is interchangable with the term 'Karate' which is like saying 'Gun' i.e. it doesn't mean ****.

However people suddenly become knowledgable and intelligent when an actual MA discussion occurs. I have heard the Ninjutsu and Wing Chun are the most lethal martial arts in the world.

When I pointed out that:
    A) Ninjutsu is not a martial art, it is a term used to describe the stealthy techniques (or not, but let's not go into that) and that the combined body skills were actually Taijutsu, a deritative of Japanese Jiu-Jitsu, they scoff.

and B) It's actually been turned into an MA used by diploma mills and such to attract LARPing dipshits they say IDK ****

As for the chun, they say never to bag a chunner in case he kills me or some ****. Also they say that the skills can't be sparred for fear of death, and that's why they suck at every fight tournament ever.

I say

A) Wing Chun is an ineffective MA that doesn't work because the they dont' spar (see their 'too deadly'), but how do they know it works. It doesn't and they won't know that till a boxer eats them.

And B) How come the PRC learn Sanda? and the Japanese Army do Judo, and US a system based on MMA?

Even my friends that do MT at 'Hammers Gym',( look it up, I would be so happy if it was a BS school) are brainwashed into thinking that Muay Boran would beat every single grappler, MMA and (i'm serious) ninjer ever. They base this on "That shits illegal man", and "In Thailand is the only place you can do it"...

But all this:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorseaside,

What can I say to get them to see the light? I don't want a revolution of MA, just for my idiot mates to shut up. I'm sure we all feel this way.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 2:54am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a friend who did Wing Chun. I told him that my shitty grappling at the time would still rape his face like it was a battle in the Zulu wars. He said, "No. It wouldn't." So you know what I did? I foot swept him into mount and then let him roll to his back and choked him out.

Guess which friend of mine simultaneously doesn't talk to me anymore or about wing chun and it's awesomeness because I choked him out in front of a large group of people?

What I'm trying to say here is, stop trying to talk to your friends and just smash them in the head already.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 3:46am

Style: bjj, boxing, ex-iwama ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 4:01am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a friend who did Wing Chun and i managed to convince him of the importance of alive training. Instead of taking up an art like BJJ, Judo or Boxing he just gave up on martial arts and i think the reason for this was that he did'nt really fancy having to actually get hit/submitted.

Most of the people who train Wing Chun/Ninjitsu etc.. want to learn to fight without having to put any real effort it. They dont wanna be punched in the face and they dont wanna train to the point of exhaustion but the reality is it's the only way.

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 4:05am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Close your mouth and train RealManOfSteel, that's how you get your friends to see the light. Being unable to fight doesn't put you in a good position to tell other people they can't fight even if you have valid evidence.

I had a friend of a friend try and show me the light shortly after my karate days, i'm saving that story until i figure out what his username on Bullshido was at the time.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 4:31am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a guy tell me his several weeks of muay thai could beat my years of martial arts training because it's the best standup style. All kinds of nutriders can be annoying.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 5:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    Close your mouth and train RealManOfSteel, that's how you get your friends to see the light. Being unable to fight doesn't put you in a good position to tell other people they can't fight even if you have valid evidence.
    Yeah I am looking to get some BJJ when time permits. I'm only 16, so I can wait for the right opportunity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 5:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    I had a friend who did Wing Chun. I told him that my shitty grappling at the time would still rape his face like it was a battle in the Zulu wars. He said, "No. It wouldn't." So you know what I did? I foot swept him into mount and then let him roll to his back and choked him out.

Guess which friend of mine simultaneously doesn't talk to me anymore or about wing chun and it's awesomeness because I choked him out in front of a large group of people?

What I'm trying to say here is, stop trying to talk to your friends and just smash them in the head already.
    Man I would love to but I only train shitty kung fu (like when your 12 you do shitty karate, then you accidentally stay). Also they don't do WC, just nutride coz of a teacher that does it.

Even if they did, then "I only train to kill. If I'd been all eye gougey and hair pulleyed you'd have died"

Plus the MT guys have good training it seems, just that they nutride MB

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 10:05am

Style: Shitoryu Karate and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As soon as I figure out how to stop my friend from doing Aikido, I'll tell you know how to do it. If I can convince a guy who honestly believes he could defeat an infinite number of opponents at the same time without breaking a sweat, I'm sure others can convince WT nutriders that the style is terrible. (And the stupid "we do not seek conflict" line from him makes this REALLY hard to do).

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 10:30am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For me personally, the realisation that I was training poorly came about on its own. This site, a kickboxing class, and the fact that even in the depths of my krotty training I hated point sparring eventually made me see the light. If your friends don't want to change, then you can submit them all day long and it won't male a difference. They will come up with excuses, back pedal, or not even talk about it.

If you want to keep trying, go ahead. Just keep in mind that your are wasting energy that could be better spent elsewhere.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast