Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 1:37am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Need Help Buying Workout Clothes

After putting up with several waves of chronic fatigue, I finally tried creatine ethyl ester and got my energy back. Now I'm ready to hit the gym and start building back what sedentary living and spasticity have torn down, but I've always been such a "t-shirt and jeans" kind of guy that I need some help on the clothing front.

For one thing, it would really help me if any of you can point me to cheap places to buy gear. Long story short: at a time when I should be saving everything I can, I can't get around the fact that I need new clothes.

The other thing I need help with is clothing types. Case in point: I bought a couple of cheapo rash guards years ago, but they're so tight on me that I look like I should be dancing to house music in San Francisco. Are there moisture wicking shirts that fit more like a t-shirt? I generally run hot and I become a damn fireball during exertion, so I need all the help I can get to stay cool while being reasonably dressed.

That is about all I can think to say for now. I have never thought much about exercise as a specific activity (as opposed to getting exercise by moving lumber or harvesting vegetables), and I'm pretty sure I'll die if I do another heavy workout while wearing jeans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 10:53am

Style: default std

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    take a look at the Sprawl loose fit grappling top, currently on sale at Title

http://www.titlemma.com/pg_2/c_236/p_SLGT+S+BK.aspx

otherwise for general (non MA gear), non-grappling shorts etc - I just hit a Sports authority or a Dick's, they always have cheap stuff - even Target

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 11:53am

Style: Kendo, Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a big fan of basketball shorts and generic t-shirts for exercising. They aren't fancy, and, as I generally buy them at Ross, aren't very expensive, but the basketball shorts are damn comfortable and the t-shirts do a decent job of getting the sweat away, though it seems that thicker t-shirts(like these badass Puritan ones I got at walmart for nine dollars) actually do better at removing the sweat that thinner ones.

Posted On:
    9/03/2009 5:14pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, I meant to update this thread days ago. No wonder I didn't get any replies.

I will make a run to Ross soon, in the meantime I'm using Target.com to get a preliminary idea of my costs. I now have two more questions:
    1. Does anyone have an opinion of "C9 by Champion" as sold by Target?
    2. Is there a decent quality, cheaper alternative to Under Armour's Heat Gear BoxerJock?
    3. Alternatively, is there an online store that sells Under Armour gear at a significant discount?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/10/2009 12:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Freestyle/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do this:

1. Go to Walmart.

2. Buy a cheap pair of mesh workout shorts or pants. Stretchy is ideal. Make sure they FIT.

3. Buy a fitting t-shirt for $3.

Congratulations! You're all done!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2009 12:58am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    1. Does anyone have an opinion of "C9 by Champion" as sold by Target?
    The C9 by Champion gear rocks. I do most of my FMA training in them and they have held up well with striking, weapons and the limited grappling that I've done. Its not expensive stuff but its difficult to rip or stretch out of shape.