Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    9/07/2009 4:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was stationed at Camp Pendleton & trained at Kevin Millis' place in Irvine I would bring a medium hand towel and do the "German bath" thing in the dojo bathroom. Just use a medium hand towel to get most of the sweat off from the sweatiest parts. Invest in hand towels and a few sets of sweat suits from Wal-Mao & wear those back & forth to the gym.
    After you spend a few min cleaning up, throw the hand towel in a ziplock freezer bag or something that will keep the rest of your stuff dry & throw it in your backpack or whatev. Tho I suspect that your gym clothes will be pretty damp so it may not matter too much to you.
    & THEN BATHE WHEN YOU GET HOME!!!!
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Posted On:
    9/07/2009 5:05am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Basicaly me and my partner Phil do just the same as Jim because she doesn't like communal showers. You will feel a lot fresher after this than if you used any amount of wipes etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2009 7:21pm

Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always wait to shower until i get home from bjj anyways, and i've only got ringworm once!

k maybe that's not something to be proud of...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2009 10:35pm

Style: sadness and tears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wear compression clothing, long tights and top, when you're done, wash your face, hands/arms, towel dry off compression gear, wear street clothes over the top, ride home, shower.

Edit: you can also get that liquid hand sanitiser stuff if you're feeling gross

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    9/08/2009 1:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Wear compression clothing, long tights and top, when you're done, wash your face, hands/arms, towel dry off compression gear, wear street clothes over the top, ride home, shower.

Edit: you can also get that liquid hand sanitiser stuff if you're feeling gross

Get this stuff: DEFENSE SOAP
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123