Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: leg/ankle locks

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whiteshark is talking about something totally different, I know the move he means. We dont have a name for it either, its kinda a cheesy move.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by J-Lau
    Whiteshark is talking about something totally different, I know the move he means. We dont have a name for it either, its kinda a cheesy move.
    Seriously? I thought it was pretty damn cool when I first saw it. Why is it cheesy? I'm kinda a newb to sub-fighting so I really don't see why it's cheesy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by omega
    Whiteshark we call that the scorpion lock....hence the link I placed on here earlier.

Peedee, we call that the dead lift lock because it resembles the action you would use for a dead lift.

We seriously need a moves library.
    Cool thanks for answering sorry I missed the link. I hate when people miss the links I put up.

BTW, do you think it's a "cheesy" move too? I was psyched when I got it last night but now I'm wondering if everyone just thinks I was being a tool ! :p

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whiteshark we call that the scorpion lock....hence the link I placed on here earlier.

Peedee, we call that the dead lift lock because it resembles the action you would use for a dead lift.

We seriously need a moves library.
    We got some moves up in the "favorite techniques" thread, but a moves library is a great idea.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cheesy move? I do it at least once a week.
    Oh crap, so it IS cheesy. ;)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I say it is cheesy as in, I dont depend on it. Its simple to go for, I mainly use it to control their leg and isolate it. It can be tough to get the lock just right.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What does the figure four while on the bottom of half guard do to the person if they don't tap? I was under the impression it was just a pain submission.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, ok. We don't do it in judo class. I just saw our old man instructor put it on a senior student as a joke, and the student said it felt like his knee was gonna pop off. I've seen it before in books and fucked around with it and i thought it was just pain. I guess that's where formal instruction on things like that comes in...
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Page 3 of 3 First 123