Posted On:
    8/26/2009 1:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kwok Wu Chuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Retract

didnt know new threads were made
    Last edited by Conyers; 8/26/2009 1:41pm at . Reason: I didnt know new threads were made im new

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 1:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YOU ARE BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Conyers View Post
    You people have made claims that are untrue and disrespectful. I have posted 3 responses to verify that Grandmaster Kuek has changed my life and is one of the greatest Martial Artists in our time. The administrators on this site quickly deleted my comments when the truth was faced. Some of you got the chance to read them. I don't see true martial artist here or ones making this site. I see a lot of people that failed on their quest and want to take it out on someone else.
    Read the thread. If you did, you'd understand off-topic posts are moved. You now have your own thread where, people can discuss your passive aggressive threats, unrestrained by the rules that you all disrespect.

Yes, you cry about disrespect but, you can't follow the rules of this forum.

That is disrespectful.

Hypocrisy.

Address the issues at hand, post your opinion and then your posts will stay.

Ranting for three posts, telling people that since you are old you know more, that we embarrass our instructors, and that "Kuek changed my life" are not on topic posts.

Since you are claim to be an over 40 year adult, I'd except less crying, less ad-hominems, less passive aggressive crap, and more intelligent debate.

In other words stop attacking the discussion and address the issues.

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 1:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    good luck on your journey. It is a shame you did not have the chance to train for such an amazing instructor.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 1:33pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    good luck on your journey. It is a shame you did not have the chance to train for such an amazing instructor.
    No, it really is not a shame.

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 1:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record i was speaking of the 40 years it took Grandmaster Kuek to accomplish everything he has.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 1:56pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well that makes your rant even funnier.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 1:57pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have had the pleasure to train under several instructors, in several styles. These men, and women, taught me to strike, to throw, to grapple. They did their job to the best of their ability. But their job was to teach me those skills, to strike, to throw, and to grapple. I never went to a martial arts instructor, or any instructor, to learn respect, discipline, or how to be a "good" martial artist. I went to them to learn to strike, throw, and grapple.

I do sincerely hope that the legal issues preventing me from visiting Mr. Keuk's school are resolved quickly as I dearly wish to see if this "Martial Artist" would be able to teach me any of those skills taught by my instructors. Or would he wax eloquent on the morals, and character, or the art and less on the striking, throwing, and grappling that makes MARTIAL arts martial.

For the record i was speaking of the 40 years it took Grandmaster Kuek to accomplish everything he has.
    What does it matter? I can point to men far worthier, far better people, and better martial artists who have invested forty years or more. Mark Tripp & Gene Lebell from my own art of Judo spring to mind, as do several of my Sensei who hold verifiable black belts in several arts. Time does not a good person make, nor guarantee that a man can fight.
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 4:22pm

supporting member
     Style: running scared

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If, and I do mean if at this point, you found out his credentials were embellished and some were outright lies, would that change your opinion of him?

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 4:35pm

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pseudo-philosophy
    I kind of want to throw lotus blossoms at your face and stab you with incense.

:)

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 4:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Master Kuek seems quite adept at teaching the art of the Passive-Aggressive.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast