Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 7:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kwok Wu Chuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Advice to the students of Grandmaster Kuek and even more so to other Black Belts

This is a little advice to the students of Grandmaster Kuek and even more so to other Black Belts. We train for a reason no matter what style or discipline. Developing your Mind, Body and Spirit is why we began training. With every class you enhance your knowledge of our guiding principles. If you are truly on a quest for excellence then how do make these comments. How do you respect yourself as an artist if you cannot live in harmony with those around you.

Have faith and trust in your Master Instructor. It is the first precept. You all have put your lives in the hands of these men and entrusted them. I understand there is a business behind it all, but who are we to speak of things that are none of our business. I see so many of these comments and great disappointment fills me. We are artists. We are here to help others enrich their lives. When you speak of martial arts you should remind yourself why you chose this sport instead of football or horseshoes. With discipline comes great respect. The more you lose track of your goals and your dedication to training is when these kind of comments are revealed.

There is so many other ways to channel your thoughts and frankly, if you are a student of his or not, involving yourself in this manner is improper. I cannot express my disgust for the lack of respect to not only him but to yourselves.

I began training with Grandmaster Kuek in 1991. I trained under his brother and sister whom also instructors. I left NY while still in high school and continued to train everywhere I went under many Grandmasters, prob for some of yours. To this day it is what Grandmaster Kuek has taught the thousands of people that makes him one of the best.
    This man has the spirit of martial arts beating in his soul.

This man does not just teach you how to kick and punch. He teaches you the balance of the discipline. Between technique and mind. I would take a hard look if you trained under him at the comments you make. Look at yourself first.

You can visit any school in the world and find faults in students. How dare you post videos of students and label them. They are here to improve.

You have let bad thoughts taken over good. I do not know of a single dedicated student of Grandmaster Kuek that would ever make comments about your instructors.
    I pray that Grandmaster Kuek never has to see the comments made here.
    Even more I pray that your Master Instructor never has to see the comments you have made. For a true martial artist this is a failure.

Grow up and remember why you became an artist. Because this is not it.
    Last edited by Conyers; 8/24/2009 7:50pm at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 7:52pm

supporting member
     Style: running scared

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conyers View Post
    This is a little advice to the students of Grandmaster Kuek and even more so to other Black Belts.
    Why include others not part of the school in this?

We train for a reason no matter what style or discipline. Developing your Mind, Body and Spirit is why we began training.
    Great. I trained to learn to fight. If my mind and spirit got better, that was an added bonus. Also, what does this do to clear up the question of the credentials listed by Mr. Kuek?

If you are truly on a quest for excellence then how do make these comments. How do you respect yourself as an artist if you cannot live in harmony with those around you.
    Easily. I separate out what I want to learn in each endeavor I take. In MA classes it is fighting. When I took math classes, I did not seek learning respect and harmony. Also, what does this do to clear up the question of the credentials listed by Mr. Kuek?

Have faith and trust in your Master Instructor. It is the first precept. You all have put your lives in the hands of these men and entrusted them.
    That is why the question was raised about credentials. If they are inflated, that implies deception. Do I really want to put my trust and faith in a deceptive person. If they are true, then I may be willing to put my trust in such an accomplished individual. On this site we do not advocate blind devotion. All are to be questioned when needed.

I understand there is a business behind it all, but who are we to speak of things that are none of our business.
    It was made our business when Mr. Kuek posted his list of accomplishments and it was called into question. That is what an investigation entails.

I see so many of these comments and great disappointment fills me.
    Me too since most of them do address the issue, which is what does this do to clear up the question of the credentials listed by Mr. Kuek?

We are artists. We are here to help others enrich their lives. When you speak of martial arts you should remind yourself why you chose this sport instead of football or horseshoes.
    While football might teach some good fighting skills, I can pretty much guarantee that horseshoes does not create good fighting. You do a martial art to learn to fight. You hang around good influencing friends to enrich your life.

With discipline comes great respect.
    No. With doing acts that generate respect comes respect. it is earned. Mr. Kuek either will get great repsect if all credentials check out, lose respect if any credentials are false or inflated or unanswered.

The more you lose track of your goals and your dedication to training is when these kind of comments are revealed.
    What are you trying to say? And what does this do to clear up the question of the credentials listed by Mr. Kuek?

There is so many other ways to channel your thoughts and frankly, if you are a student of his or not, involving yourself in this manner is improper.
    In what manner? If verifying credentials is wrong, then you are in the wrong place.

I cannot express my disgust for the lack of respect to not only him but to yourselves.
    I respect myself just fine. Also, what does this do to clear up the question of the credentials listed by Mr. Kuek?

I pray that Grandmaster Kuek or any of your master instructors ever has to see the comments made here.
    I think you meant "never" . Once I get an instructor, he or she most likely will never see comments like this. Why you might ask. it is due to the fact that my instructor will do what others have done when questioned about credentials, which is address them and have the issues cleared up. By not posting any rebuttal to the credential concerns, Mr. Kuek is dragging this matter out.

Here is a link to a good example of how to respond. Pay particular attention to post #13 and a few that follow.

Odd claim against Mark Tripp's credentials, his response. - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 10:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IIF I have a question for you. Why is [COLOR=#cccccc]BoonDog[/COLO"]No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Profile: BoonDog@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: BoonDog</title>@@AMEPARAM@@BoonDog comment still on the thread when i did the same thing and it got removed or have you just not had time to remove it?

p.s. Feel free to move/delete this post it was a post that was addressing something unrelated to the main point.

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 11:25pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Remember why you are here

We are students on a quest. We have leaders who guide us. The good ones know when the moments come for us to do it ourselves. Never forget that dedication means what you learn in class is only the root of how we train ourselves. You must guide yourself on the right path, no one else is going to do it for you. Part of the teachings of martial arts is that we understand we do not know more than our instructors. No matter what level we have obtain the process of learning from others continues. This is our faith.

As such we have students whom follow us. They look to our every move as a stone in which our training has been carved on. We must always remember to have control in what we say and do. Our anger leads us to confusion. It is these times our true dedication is shown.

We are a community of Martial Artists. There are many disciplines and many styles. Respecting those around you is easiest when the goals are shared. When you find they differ, patience and understanding will provide respect. Our morals must remain our own.

There are times when you will meet other students and other disciplines. I can remember my first tournament. Other students would pass and I greet them in respect. When I met someone of a higher rank I had honor in respecting him. When I saw another Master it was an honor being in his presence. As it is an honor to be in the company of my own.

What our Masters have achieved is something that far greater than we are yet to know. When they are seen it is a vision of what I will accomplish of my life. I wonder sometimes where the man stops and the Master begins. The reason is because one day too that will be apart of me. The unity of self and training. To show disrespect to anyone that has touched the lives of so many is disrespect to ourself.

All is seen by our Ancestors, Masters and Students. Your actions reflect your training. Your training should guide your actions.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/25/2009 12:25am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a little advice to the students of Grandmaster Kuek and even more so to other Black Belts. We train for a reason no matter what style or discipline. Developing your Mind, Body and Spirit is why we began training. With every class you enhance your knowledge of our guiding principles. If you are truly on a quest for excellence then how do make these comments. How do you respect yourself as an artist if you cannot live in harmony with those around you.

Have faith and trust in your Master Instructor. It is the first precept. You all have put your lives in the hands of these men and entrusted them. I understand there is a business behind it all, but who are we to speak of things that are none of our business. I see so many of these comments and great disappointment fills me. We are artists. We are here to help others enrich their lives. When you speak of martial arts you should remind yourself why you chose this sport instead of football or horseshoes. With discipline comes great respect. The more you lose track of your goals and your dedication to training is when these kind of comments are revealed.

There is so many other ways to channel your thoughts and frankly, if you are a student of his or not, involving yourself in this manner is improper. I cannot express my disgust for the lack of respect to not only him but to yourselves.

I began training with Grandmaster Kuek in 1991. I trained under his brother and sister whom also instructors. I left NY while still in high school and continued to train everywhere I went under many Grandmasters, prob for some of yours. To this day it is what Grandmaster Kuek has taught the thousands of people that makes him one of the best.
    This man has the spirit of martial arts beating in his soul.

This man does not just teach you how to kick and punch. He teaches you the balance of the discipline. Between technique and mind. I would take a hard look if you trained under him at the comments you make. Look at yourself first.

You can visit any school in the world and find faults in students. How dare you post videos of students and label them. They are here to improve.

You have let bad thoughts taken over good. I do not know of a single dedicated student of Grandmaster Kuek that would ever make comments about your instructors.
    I pray that Grandmaster Kuek never has to see the comments made here.
    Even more I pray that your Master Instructor never has to see the comments you have made. For a true martial artist this is a failure.

Grow up and remember why you became an artist. Because this is not it.
    I know why I became a Martial Artists it is arrogant and presumptuous to push your beliefs onto others. Then, on top of that, you lecture people on how they should act.

Oh, I do enjoy your back handed insult to the myriad of other instructors you trained under.
    Sad really.

Precepts, tenets, morals? Interesting.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/25/2009 12:40am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideingKick View Post
    IIF I have a question for you. Why is [COLOR=#cccccc]BoonDog[/COLO"]No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Profile: BoonDog comment still on the thread when i did the same thing and it got removed or have you just not had time to remove it?

p.s. Feel free to move/delete this post it was a post that was addressing something unrelated to the main point.
    Hold on let me get this correct before it is moved. Boondog responds to an off topic post BY ONE OF YOUR FAN CLUB MEMBERS and you ask about his post?

Are you serious?

No really?

Funny how you don't ask, "why aren't all the off topic posts removed" just Boondog's post. That's called Bias. You know, that thing you accused me of before?

You know, the one I refuted by showing how, I moved anti-kuek posts and pro kuek posts.

See, you attacked me a neutral party. You then attacked Boondog another neutral Party. You attacked the anti- kuek group.

Yet, you stick up for your friends and a Kuek instructor (most likely). Nothing wrong with that but, wrong is wrong. Your instructors post is a lecture on how to be a martial artists. A martial artist of his beliefs. Which is fine for people who want to listen to his insulting drivel. It has nothing to do with this thread except to....naw I'll let you find out real quick at your next class.

When you are all told to stop posting.

That is bias just so you understand the difference.

As to why it was still here. I had some things to get to that, were more important then your complaint.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2009 8:24am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We are students on a quest. We have leaders who guide us. The good ones know when the moments come for us to do it ourselves. Never forget that dedication means what you learn in class is only the root of how we train ourselves. You must guide yourself on the right path, no one else is going to do it for you. Part of the teachings of martial arts is that we understand we do not know more than our instructors. No matter what level we have obtain the process of learning from others continues. This is our faith.

As such we have students whom follow us. They look to our every move as a stone in which our training has been carved on. We must always remember to have control in what we say and do. Our anger leads us to confusion. It is these times our true dedication is shown.

We are a community of Martial Artists. There are many disciplines and many styles. Respecting those around you is easiest when the goals are shared. When you find they differ, patience and understanding will provide respect. Our morals must remain our own.

There are times when you will meet other students and other disciplines. I can remember my first tournament. Other students would pass and I greet them in respect. When I met someone of a higher rank I had honor in respecting him. When I saw another Master it was an honor being in his presence. As it is an honor to be in the company of my own.

What our Masters have achieved is something that far greater than we are yet to know. When they are seen it is a vision of what I will accomplish of my life. I wonder sometimes where the man stops and the Master begins. The reason is because one day too that will be apart of me. The unity of self and training. To show disrespect to anyone that has touched the lives of so many is disrespect to ourself.

All is seen by our Ancestors, Masters and Students. Your actions reflect your training. Your training should guide your actions.
    Conyers,

Many of your words remind me of things that my first sensei said-many years ago. There are but a few of us left from the dojo but we are where we are because of his words. If these are truly the things GM Kuek has taught you then I say you are blessed to have had such a teacher on your journey.

Yes, I am a sentimental old fart!

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 12:38pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is amazing to me how much people talk about money in this manner when speaking of an martial arts school. In my first year of college I paid more than I did my entire martial arts training. I may or may never use the information from college, one thing is for sure. Since the age of 12, I have used everything I learned from my Master.

It was my father whom paid for those lessons. He is a business owner himself. He has said many times that martial arts training was the best investment he has ever made for his son. An investment that did not just teach his son to survive in life but how to live life to the greatest.

I was in the Excellence Club, that is when I made the determination that martial arts would be in my life forever. It is not a dedication to an academy it was a dedication to myself. It ended up saving me over the years, but more important it reminded me that I am not going to allow myself to quit. I made a dedication to my instructors, to the students I teach and to myself.

I have always been in great health. I have been confident, not cocky. Respect has always been a huge part of my life. Even more so when things in life did not go right, it was my training that guided me through. The greatest accomplishment I have ever had is that I have never had to use what I have learned against anyone. Of course I have blocked a few punches, stepped out of the way a few times, even had to use some grappling to get people to let go. I have never had to throw a blow. I have worked security across the country, even in the heart of New York City. Danger is everywhere we go. It is how we face danger that says a lot about us. Throughout my life there has always been peace, I have always been safe and I will always be happy.

You can complain all you want about anything you find fault. The real question is did you get the best out of your training? Did you live up to your part of a contract, because it goes both ways. An instructor dedicates himself to you. You have to make a dedication to yourself.

Credentials. I find this word to be an understatement to greatness. If you see lines and titles, then you are at fault. I see the accomplishments behind it. In my own heart I wish I could have been apart of them all. I was lucky enough to be apart of some of them. The amount of work and dedication that has gone into every "credential" is something that will only be known by one. The amount of sacrifice of someone's own life for the lives of his students is what makes a person reach to those levels.

The things you have seen are only a glimpse. Looking behind each one is a story of challenges, experience and success. It would take you years... prob about 40, to understand.

You could spend your life your life following him around, or you can learn from him and follow in his footsteps. I will tell you though that there is no substitute for what I have learned from Grandmaster Kuek.
    He has helped me create a foundation of a life I am proud of.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 12:44pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The things you have seen are only a glimpse. Looking behind each one is a story of challenges, experience and success. It would take you years... prob about 40, to understand.
    Did you just make an appeal to age? Oooohhhhh hmmmmmm yeah you might want to stop with your assumptions right here.

i wish i had stop and ask around before i mouth off to you.
    Mouthing off is completely fine. It happens to everyone at some point that is never an issue. Notice, you were nowhere near as asinine as deicidekick. He even started an entire thread on my lack of moderating abilities.

He is neither banned he is still allowed to post.

Mouthing off is fine as long as, it is in the correct thread and on topic.

]

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 12:45pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is all going to be moved as, it has nothing to do with the thread.

Master Ken Kuek - No BS MMA and Martial Arts
    Last edited by It is Fake; 8/26/2009 1:31pm at .
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast