Thread: hello everyone

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    hello everyone

    hey guys and girls,
    i just started taking japanese jiu jitsu this week and want to find out more about it, like the history and what not.
    and i am really looking fore ward to my next lesson of this. (and being totally kick ass)
    i was looking at a vid on youtube and there was an advertisment on the bottom of the screen for this place and i thought i would give it a try.

  2. #2
    It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said. supporting member
    JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,290
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gcollin View Post
    hey guys and girls,
    i just started taking japanese jiu jitsu this week and want to find out more about it, like the history and what not.
    and i am really looking fore ward to my next lesson of this. (and being totally kick ass)
    i was looking at a vid on youtube and there was an advertisment on the bottom of the screen for this place and i thought i would give it a try.
    Hey welcome to Bullshido.

    Post this thread in Newbietown, would ya and tell us a little more about yourself and your practice.
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even to the dull and ignorant;
    they too have their story.

    -excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,390
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good that you want to know more but wrong forum, he's some hot Japanese chicks to make you feel better


  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    643
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sley View Post
    Good that you want to know more but wrong forum, he's some hot Japanese chicks to make you feel better

    Thread saved.

    Sley wins the Interwebz today.
    Official member of the Bruce Buffer 360 War Wagon

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    359
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** all of you people. Where's the hazing? Isn't a noob off the the rez fair game?

    Here. Suffer.

    YouTube - Doc Bottoms Aspray AllOver Body Deodorant Commercial

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    92
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you want to know about the history of JJJ, go to the Japanese martial art forum, it's under traditional martial art forum, there should be plenty of info there..

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    6
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
    **** all of you people. Where's the hazing? Isn't a noob off the the rez fair game?

    Here. Suffer.

    YouTube - Doc Bottoms Aspray AllOver Body Deodorant Commercial
    Good for coughs, colds, sore holes and rotten crotch! Don't be caught without it!

  8. #8
    Just waiting for the paperboy. supporting member
    Lebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lolland
    Posts
    12,492
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he wants to do jjj and totally kickass?

    thats like being a cripple and wanting to win the tour de france in a wheelchair with square wheels.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,390
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    he wants to do jjj and totally kickass?

    thats like being a cripple and wanting to win the tour de france in a wheelchair with square wheels.
    I have to admit he's probably training it at a McDojo too...

  10. #10
    Rancid Pantaloons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    864
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lebell has grudge against traditional jiu jitsu :) What he is really trying to say is that you better look into some traning with "live resisting opponents" if you want to kickass.

    Here is a clip that explains it better than me YouTube - What is Aliveness - Matt Thornton

    Welcome to bullshido :)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO