Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 1:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMA in children's television

As the days go by, I'm becoming more and more convinced that TV is trying to brainwash our children into becoming mindless brutes.

It all started back in December, when I was watching the Drake and Josh Christmas Special. It seemed ordinary at first, until just before the end when Kimbo Slice burst onto the screen in a Santa outfit. I almost had a cataleptic seizure as I watched him punch his way through the chimney.

I thought Nickelodeon's brief flirtation with MMA was just a fluke, but I was proven wrong on that account when iCarly devoted two entire episodes to the sport. The second episode was particularly weird, because the main character actually had to fight in an MMA bout. The comments section in the YouTube promo for the episode was spattered with creepy, sexual remarks in regards to the two underaged combatants:

YouTube - iCARLY iFIGHT SHELBY MARX Victoria & Miranda FIGHTING!

The final straw happened today when I was watching Antz on Cartoon Network. During the commercials, Bas Rutten suddenly popped up on the screen to tell kids to stay in shape by kicking and punching the air. I **** you not. He even had a bunch of kids with him, and they were all trying to see who could kick and punch the fastest.

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 1:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    As the days go by, I'm becoming more and more convinced that TV is trying to brainwash our children into becoming mindless brutes.

It all started back in December, when I was watching the Drake and Josh Christmas Special. It seemed ordinary at first, until just before the end when Kimbo Slice burst onto the screen in a Santa outfit. I almost had a cataleptic seizure as I watched him punch his way through the chimney.

I thought Nickelodeon's brief flirtation with MMA was just a fluke, but I was proven wrong on that account when iCarly devoted two entire episodes to the sport. The second episode was particularly weird, because the main character actually had to fight in an MMA bout. The comments section in the YouTube promo for the episode was spattered with creepy, sexual remarks in regards to the two underaged combatants:

YouTube - iCARLY iFIGHT SHELBY MARX Victoria & Miranda FIGHTING!

The final straw happened today when I was watching Antz on Cartoon Network. During the commercials, Bas Rutten suddenly popped up on the screen to tell kids to stay in shape by kicking and punching the air. I **** you not. He even had a bunch of kids with him, and they were all trying to see who could kick and punch the fastest.
    Agreed... creepy... but it's the trend, and companies prefer to cash in rather than think of consequences.

If you're pissed enough about this (which I would be if I had a kid,) write to the producers en masse, as most one-man emails or letters will be ignored. I'm sure you can get at least 500 people from this forum alone.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 1:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're pissed enough about this (which I would be if I had a kid,) write to the producers en masse, as most one-man emails or letters will be ignored. I'm sure you can get at least 500 people from this forum alone.
    Oh, I'm not pissed. I think it's hilarious.

Edit: Not the legitimate pedophilia. Just the fact that they would make an episode like that.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 1:40pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well MMA has hit the big time. I remember when every character did Judo, then Karate, Then Kung Fu, then ninjitsu, then Krav Maga had a short stint, now it is MMA.

At least you have a competition system to keep it whole otherwise, with Gracie University and other programs, MMA would be heading for the shitter.

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 1:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How old are they?

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 2:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu Swordfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can anyone find the actual fight scene? I'm very curious how nickelodeon handled that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 3:46pm

Style: TKD, Tang Soo, HDGD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Can anyone find the actual fight scene? I'm very curious how nickelodeon handled that.
    Hilariously...
    (Awful)

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 5:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How old are they?

YouTube - iCarly -iFight Shelby Marx Part 6/6

This video starts in the middle of the fight, but it's all you need to see. Watch part 5 if you're terribly lost.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 5:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    It could be worse. I wonder how many kids have found this under their Christmas Tree.

Amazon.com: Black Belts Karate Studio DVD with Punch Bag: Toys & Games

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I know I felt like a Humbert watching that.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast