Posted On:
    3/27/2008 11:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    Dear Kalessan,

If you look at the date Much Love posted, you'll notice it's Jan. 2004. That's over four years ago and two years before you started training with Mr. Gerald.

Hope this helps.

p.s. Much Love doesn't post here anymore, but I train with him from time to time. I'll mention this to him next time I see him if you like.
    Yes, I did notice the date, but thank you letting me know anyway.
    It just sat very wrong with me that this was the only mention of him, and I wanted to give a second opinion on his character.
    Yes, please do mention this to muchlove.
    Kalessan

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 11:36pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kalessan
    Yes, I did notice the date, but thank you letting me know anyway.
    It just sat very wrong with me that this was the only mention of him, and I wanted to give a second opinion on his character.
    Yes, please do mention this to muchlove.
    Kalessan
    Okay, I'll mention it to him.

Are you still training with Mr. Gerald?

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 11:40pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Due to my personal scheduling conflicts these last couple months, I have not been. I plan to return as soon as my work schedule permits.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 11:48pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kalessan
    I plan to return as soon as my work schedule permits.
    I can infer from this statement that you feel you benefit from training under Mr. Gerald.

As a person who has always been interested in Tai Chi, can you tell me how it has improved your health?

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 12:09am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it amazingly relaxing. I do not get joy from "working out", but I have found that this is an excellent way to strengthen and work my body without the "physical labour" feeling(I am a wuss, and lazy in other words).
    Because TaiChi is slow movements, it taxes the legs(or mine at least). While the movements seem very easy, I am constantly having to think about the exact attitude of my hands and feet, and keeping my knees bent, as well as preparing for the next move. Everything is fluid and each movement is exactly mapped out. As with most styles of martial arts there are lots of variety depending on who learned from whom.
    I personally feel my body is stretched, my muscles worked, and my mind cleared and relaxed after just a couple rounds of one of the most basic forms. Most folks would then use that as a stepping off point for further exercise, but again, I don't think of sweating as a good time.
    Try checking out the website http://www.taiji.de/
    They have a lot of videos of examples of Tai Chi, including the Yang-style 24 form I currently practice.
    I started with Paul for Wing Chun,(I had advanced through 4-5 forms) but switched to Tai Chi when I felt I needed a chance to center and calm in my life.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456