Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 9:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    you're more mobile, yes. but if they have half a brain they'll make sure they get behind you.
    First, thanks for a valid response not, your fucking stupd lol. Next if there all standing behind you all you have to do is turn around and there infront of you. If they are smart and circle around you than thats a different story and you better know some bruce lee **** or else your in trouble.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 9:39am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but if you're standing they'll attack you one at a time?
    If your standing they'll attack you all at once, but then if you double leg them, or anytake down for that matter you've got one under you and 3 on top of you, what good does that do. Yeah you can beat the **** out of one guy, but your taking punches too the back of your head while your doing it.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 10:06am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Posts excised from: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=1#post2200989

1 vs. many is an old debate. Old debates belong in YMAS.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 10:15am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GHemmer View Post
    but your taking punches too the back of your head while your doing it.
    if you grapple with one person, you open yourself to attack from the others. if you engage with one person while standing, you're exposing yourself to attacks from the others. see what i'm saying?

that said, i'd personally try to keep it standing for as long as i could.

i have a friend who was beaten up by about 10 guys. they surrounded him, then one of them tackled him from behind. he was a BJJ blue belt, and took the back of the guy who had taken him down. while they were all trying to stomp, my friend used the guy as a human shield for as long as he could. he still got the **** kicked out of him, but there was nothing he could really do about it.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 10:21am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you grapple with one person, you open yourself to attack from the others. if you engage with one person while standing, you're exposing yourself to attacks from the others. see what i'm saying?

that said, i'd personally try to keep it standing for as long as i could.

i have a friend who was beaten up by about 10 guys. they surrounded him, then one of them tackled him from behind. he was a BJJ blue belt, and took the back of the guy who had taken him down. while they were all trying to stomp, my friend used the guy as a human shield for as long as he could. he still got the **** kicked out of him, but there was nothing he could really do about it.
    Good example of why its best to avoid a fight in the street and/or to run.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 10:30am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Assuming that no one is armed, the best strategy for dealing with 1 vs. many scenario that I've heard of was posted by Fighting Cephalopod, formerly known as Fatherdog. He was taught to throw one attacker into another attacker. Repeat this as often as necessary until you can get away. Obviously you would use throws that let you remain standing upon completion of the throw.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 10:48am

Style: BJJ/MuayThai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 1:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jiu jitsu, mma, muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah there are advantages to ground fighting and stand up, but lets face it; 1 vs many (unarmed) is usually going to end with the 1 getting his ass kicked by the many.

i would say that any wrestling double leg takedowns would be out of the question since you have multiple opponents to worry about, not just the guy you attemp to take down. but as said earlier if the take you down you could use positioning to protect yourself, but you would probably want to find a way back to your feet.

since you should train getting back to you feet from every position in mma you should be able to find an escape. mma is deffinitely adaptable to street fighting, but obviously variation in your movements is key. the same principles apply in mma and street fighting no matter how many opponents you face because after all; it's still fighting.

all in all though this scenerio is a losing battle. knowing pressure points, fatal strikes and drilling this scenario would obviously increase an individual's chances, but like i said 1 vs many is a losing battle.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 2:48pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, can we beat this horse some more? For me, "on the street" in a 1vs>1 situation, I go to my sidearm. If the fight is going to happen, there is more then one, and my life is on the line(which I consider it to be in the >1 situation), I am going to get some distance and draw my handgun.

I am a striker by training, but if it goes to the ground so be it. I am gonna sprawl then ground and pound. If I have to go against more then 1, I am dropping someone with my gun.

So, I guess I win. Since gun trumps groundfighting and standup.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 3:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It all boils down to: someone sucker punches you, blast tackles you before you even know it's a fight. You're on your ass, he's over you, and it's too late to start training sweeps now, innit?

Quote Originally Posted by 10thplanetjj View Post
    knowing pressure points, fatal strikes
    You almost had it. So close, yet so far. So fucking far.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast