One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    1/29/2004 5:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by IronBuddha
    as for training outdoors, if anyone can train outdoors in this canadian weather, they must have some mad chi. it's freakin cold out here.
    It's so cool when the steam rises off your body. It's smokin'!
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Nu-Metal Head

Posted On:
    1/30/2004 1:32am

Style: Mauy Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by IronBuddha
    as for training outdoors, if anyone can train outdoors in this canadian weather, they must have some mad chi. it's freakin cold out here.
    what are you? Alittle girl?
    "ARGH SURF NINJAS *implodes* " the cruel fate of Stold3

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    1/30/2004 2:01pm

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Meteora
    what are you? Alittle girl?
    Easy for you to say, yank...all the way down there in balmy Ohio.
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 8:20am

Style: wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Stand

Quote Originally Posted by IronBuddha
    I was wondering if anyone here can recommend a heavy bag frame that doesn't require drilling or mounting into the wall/floor that can support a 140lb 6ft banana bag. Ever since I finished the basement, I miss having my bag up and have only found flimsy solutions for under 100lb bags with not enough clearance for kicking. Space is not really a problem so much as not being able to drill into the floor.
    Try balazsboxing, they make custom frames. If you cant find anything you like on there try robbinsports they do "A-Frames" which should also do the job your after without anyneed for drilling.

Oh yea BTW - I agree, any sort of free standing bag is a waste of time and money. I mean last year I bought one of those "slam man" freestanding torso pieces of crap. The company assured me it was indestructable, alas they lied, for one thing it kept tipping over (It was filled with like 150 kg of kilndried sand) and all the foam cracked within first few weeks, and after that brackets from the back snapped and all the LED's broke. I rang and complained of course, but apparently I had no right to a refund, so instead they sent a few replacement parts. (Not good enough as far as im concerned)

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog
    Last edited by FAT MAN FERNS; 12/21/2005 11:35am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 3:31pm

Style: FMA/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you want something outside, ive had no complaints from an 8 foot section of telephone pole semi buried with a neil adams gi mat taped round it twice... as lond as you have the clearence on all sides they are great for fists and sticks..

as for indoors scaffolding poles at the right lengths work fairly well and are easy to assemble with all the fancy joints etc, the only problem is that they fatigue pretty quickly under stress (although you do get a neat chinning frame too) but for the price i paid (20 uk pounds for the lot) i dont mind replacing them every 8 months or so...

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 12:49am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right.....so how about we all go to the Gear section now?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12