the former ghetto brawler..
    that has a classy ring to it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 5:33pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Carwin has one credible name on his record. Everyone on Brock's record has been a top ranked fighter. Fighting nobodies and winning is inflation of someone's record. Carwin dwarfed the majority of his opponents, some of his opponents had no striking skills, and the ones that did had no wrestling skills. He was always given the edge. Gonzaga was the first semi rounded fighter he has faced. He was almost knocked out in a minute, taken down got up and landed one punch which was hard enough, thanks to his genetics, to do the job. The guy has shown nothing so far.

On the other hand, having wins over all top ranked fighters definitely means something. Saying Carwin has the better record is stupid. Everyone hated Brock when he was given the title shot undeservingly, but yet everyone cheers for Carwin. Why? Because everyone hates Brock for doing exactly what Carwin is doing.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 5:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmafan3450 View Post
    Everyone on Brock's record has been a top ranked fighter
    Min-Soo Kim?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 6:17pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok ...youre obviously missing the point. The point is you, and everyone else, are hugging Carwin's tiny steroid deflated balls for no reason. Accomplished very little...doesnt deserve a title shot. Isnt particularly skilled in any area of MMA, even less than Brock. The Carwin supporters who think hes so great are either just ignorant or have only started watching MMA since Brock took over.
    Last edited by mmafan3450; 8/28/2009 6:23pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 6:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmafan3450 View Post
    He was almost knocked out in a minute, taken down got up and landed one punch which was hard enough, thanks to his genetics, to do the job. The guy has shown nothing so far.

Everyone hated Brock when he was given the title shot undeservingly, but yet everyone cheers for Carwin. Why? Because everyone hates Brock for doing exactly what Carwin is doing.
    i cheer for carwin because he's been in mma more than twice as long as brock, and has put in work for his career. it's easy to quit if you think you're only going to fight nobodies, but it's commitment to stick with it anyway. it's like if kimbo was put into a match against a top 20 guy, i wouldn't mind, because he's been fighting for a long time, even if his pro record is as shallow as brock's.
    also, i think getting rocked, taken down, then coming back up and getting a ko shows something, even if it's not a gas tank. and his genetics determine many things, like why he's a heavyweight and whether or not he can make a welterweight debut.

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 7:03pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not so much that I don't like Lesnar. I mean, I don't, just to put it out there. But, the fact is that his silverback gorilla size, which has been his biggest advantage so far, is a non-factor with Carwin. On top of that, Carwin's wrestling credentials aren't too bad either, and he's obviously strong on his feet, which is an area where Lesnar is a little bit questionable.

And yeah, the people slobbering all over Carwin already are overdoing it, but it doesn't look like anything more than backlash against the "Brock will be the heavyweight king forever, get over it" bandwagon.

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 8:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well if I had to bet on someone on this fight, my choice would be Carwin and his one punch KO that has been happening to everyone he's fought lately. I've never seen anyone shoot for a takedown except for Gonzaga, but Gonzaga broke Carwin's face before shooting so that definitely had to factor in the takedown, so Carwin's takedown defense is relatively unknown, unless Brock breaks his face before taking him down.

I can't really see Brock handling a man his own size on the ground as well as Mir or anyone else so I'm going to say Carwin will be able to stand up of his back, not to mention that Carwin does have a Purple belt and BJJ and has 5 of his 11 fights won by submission. I've seen Carwin pass on the ground once and that was straight into mount from half guard for a TKO.

In the stand up, it's pretty much a draw, there's barely any head movement from any of these guys but one thing is for sure, Carwin is the most accurate striker out of the two. Hits people square in the chin for the KO. Brock on the other hand, has knocked people down with his hands but never knocked them out unconscious like Carwin. Carwin has a hell of a chin for taking two big hooks to the button and getting his face broken by Gonzaga.

The deciding factor of the fight comes down to gas tanks. Carwin's never been passed 2:11 seconds of the first round ever in his career.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 9:50pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well i personally think Valasquez deserves the shot first, but I'm willing to admit that I'm cheering for Carwin because I hate Lesnar.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2009 3:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    Well i personally think Valasquez deserves the shot first, but I'm willing to admit that I'm cheering for Carwin because I hate Lesnar.
    Velasquez is probably my favorite heavyweight, but i'm happy he's not getting a title shot just yet. the UFC tends to throw developing talent to the hardest opponents, making it that much harder to fare well in the organization, so i'm glad that they're building him up a little more. he's a very talented dude, and i still hope to see a carwin/velasquez fight play out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2009 8:02am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh geez, why do you people keep doing this to yourself? Lesnar's got this in the bag easily. As mmafan already said, virtually all of Brock's opponents have been top ranked. He's on a different level then Carwin and will dismantle him easily. Brock hasn't been challenged since Captain America. So please stop deluding yourself guys, it's getting sad.
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 111213 LastLast