Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 1:12am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll have to ask about it next class. Last week we worked on options from holding a single cross-lapel grip ie: a sweep, a simple gi choke, a guillotine-esque choke (throat still hurts from this one), and an armbar. The choke during your demonstration seems like a fine addition to the lot.

And I'd like to add congratulations on becoming instruction level, your testing made for 2 excellent videos - thanks!

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 9:00pm

Style: MT/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I learned alot from that vid, thanks!

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 9:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcap8 View Post
    I'll have to ask about it next class. Last week we worked on options from holding a single cross-lapel grip ie: a sweep, a simple gi choke, a guillotine-esque choke (throat still hurts from this one), and an armbar. The choke during your demonstration seems like a fine addition to the lot.

And I'd like to add congratulations on becoming instruction level, your testing made for 2 excellent videos - thanks!
    it's a variant where you use your ankle instead of reaching under with your free arm. Your instructor will know this one. BJJers mostly do it from an established knee-ride which is fine by me but I like teaching the full standing option because, if the choke fails, its very easy to bail and get back to standing.

Also, why drop your cappuccino when you could hang onto it and use your leg instead?!?

thank you all for the compliments
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 12:30am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Chokin View Post
    Nice video! But I too would like to see less of your face. One thing I would like to see is more of the sambo teaching style you were talking about. I'm always interested to see how other grappling styles teach.
    I glossed over this, I"m sorry!

Have you seen the "Dhani Tackles the Globe" SAMBO episode? Alex Barakov is the old man who taught us. There's some YouTube outtakes like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkkYC2HB7PY

He'd do this alot, have us roll and not be too committed to position or subs or anything. Just try to move well, then he'd shout "STOP!!" and set the two of us into the position and analyze it. Also note the horrific croc-sandals! The best was his parachute pants directly imported form 1982!

See how Steve (my man) is just rolling with it? Also part of the exercise.

A BJJ black belt that I love to train with does almost the same thing. I'll have to find out what Carlos' lineage is, it might be informative/helpful to you(and me!). His Professor and Alex have very similar ideas on how to best teach people how to fight.
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 12:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did that guy pull guard on Steve at 3:00m?

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 1:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    since i block javascript unless i have specifically allowed it, i had to reload that page and temporarily allow scripts from like TWENTY different IP addresses before finding out that the page still wouldn't load.

i hate crappy web design. any chance it will go up on youtube and be easy to watch?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 3:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is YouTube.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 3:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is talking about the initial video you retard, wait until I come back to Brazil to choke the stupid out of you...
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 8:45pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    since i block javascript unless i have specifically allowed it, i had to reload that page and temporarily allow scripts from like TWENTY different IP addresses before finding out that the page still wouldn't load.

i hate crappy web design. any chance it will go up on youtube and be easy to watch?
    the interview will be cut down to about half-time and posted on Scott's you tube channel; I'll add it here when that happens.

As for you other two faggotz:

Did that guy pull guard on Steve at 3:00m?
    it's instinctive for a man to embrace another man with his legs, isn't that why you and yer Germun freund enjoy the place so much?
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 9:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    managed to make it work. nice interview!
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123