supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Randy Courture Update: Good News

http://news.adcombat.com/article.html?id=6002

Submitted by: Keith Mills
    Posted On 02/02/2004

We received the following note on Team QUEST star Randy Couture from one of his teammates.

Just thought I'd let you know how Randy is doing. He went to the emergency room last night to get his eye lids stitched up. apparently, the glancing blow cut through Randy's eyelid and scratched his cornea. The stitches will be out in about 9 days and he should be completely healed and ready for a rematch in 2 weeks. But it looks like we'll have to wait until June.

Thought you'd like to know.
    Nate

Posted On:
    2/02/2004 4:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Belfort needs to cut his fucking nails.

Posted On:
    2/02/2004 4:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it was something on the glove.

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    2/02/2004 4:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UFC might reexamine the gloves they use. It looked to me a seam slid across Randyís eye and gave him something like a paper cut. The report I read on www.maxfighting.com said the slit was vertical and in center of the eye lid. I donít know how else something like that could happen. Maybe there is a different glove out there with less prominent or no seams.

At first I was a little disappointed that we would have to wait until June for a rematch, but then I realized that makes the most sense. The card for the next UFC is pretty much set, and both fighters deserve to be able to train fully so they can have the fight they were meant to have. Hopefully in the meantime the situation with Vitorís sister will turn out ok and Randyís healing will proceed without any complications.

Posted On:
    2/02/2004 7:35pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good post Punisher.
    Shuma - Dude I don't think it was his nails. He hit him with the gloves legit.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Rolls With Sweaty Men!

Posted On:
    2/02/2004 9:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah. Looked like the seam of the glove. Within the rules, Vitor is the champion. But if I were him I would have handed Randy the belt and said that I would win it the right way.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/02/2004 10:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Punch & Kick

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That would have been a classy move. But the winner's purse is probably too big for them to consider it.
    Punches in bunches and kicks kicks kicks!

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 12:53am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vitor won the title. If he vacated it, it wouldn't go back to Randy. So then you'd have a match for the now vacant title. What if Randy eye was seriously damaged and he could never fight again. Who would Vitor fight against? The other two top light heavy's are basically having a #1 contender match in April. The UFC would then have exactly ONE champion in their FIVE weight divisions. The UFC handled this the right was, so did Randy, so did Vitor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 10:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, fluky win, but its a W, so lets move on. I hope Randy doesnt somehow hit the age wall before he and Belfort can actually sort out who is better.

This is two cut wins in a row for Vitor, but early in a fight he has very fast hand speed, so I am not surprised. Vitor showed some class by not getting super excited.

Also, I have to say that Vitor as champ, makes the LHW class very interesting again. I was imagining Randy dominating it for awhile, but now Vitor. And lets suppose Vitor fights someone else, before a Couture rematch, and loses it. And suddenly Tito and Chuck are back in the title picture, where before it was unlikely they could unseat Randy (IMO)...