Posted On:
    8/20/2009 11:56am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

3 arrested in Murder of Ninja Derrick Lee

3 arrested in murder of Staten Island martial arts instructor

Three men have been arrested in the slaying of a former Staten Island martial arts instructor, according to a published report.

Lamar Watson, Joshua Stapleton and Carl Mendez are facing murder charges in the death of Derrick Lee, South Carolina news station WIS10 is reporting.

Lee, 33, was discovered Wednesday inside his mobile home on Cricket Hill Drive with multiple gunshot wounds to his head.

Deputies told WIS10 the murder was a plot -- the men were going to sell Lee's gun collection and split the money three ways.

"It would have been difficult to commit this robbery, obviously with the relationship with Mr. Lee and let him live he would obviously know who committed it," Capt. David Thomley told the station.

Lee was a third-degree black belt and ninjitsu instructor for the Staten Island Ninja Society dojo. News of his death came as a shock to his former teacher at the Elm Park dojo.

"Whoever did this caught him with his guard down," said Master Yusef Ali Abdullah, sensei at Staten Island Ninja Society in Elm Park, where Lee studied ninjitsu for nine years. "For them to get the drop on him . . . Whoever did this, they were cowards."

Lee -- who was a mechanic, a welder and a truck driver -- previously lived in New Brighton and spent time hanging out with friends in West Brighton, said a friend who spoke with the Advance

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf...of_staten.html

Included at the link is a video of him doing martial arts moves.
    Lots of drama in the comments section, can't believe it hasn't be closed yet
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2009 2:44pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Posted by stmarks165 on 08/19/09 at 9:57AM
    I went to school with D. Lee and his brothers. He was a cool quiet dude, never bothered anyone. It's a Shame !!! Fry the dudes who did this to one of Staten Island Native."

He was a ninja after all.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    8/20/2009 2:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn Pirates!

Posted On:
    8/20/2009 3:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure whether to laugh or be saddened by this... maybe a bit of both, admittedly I would have been more saddened if it was a Muay Thai instructor. Am I going to hell?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2009 9:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sad story. You'd think a ninja would be ready for them though.

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 9:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For what? They wanted his guns so they could sell them! Greed. He died because greedy little bastards want that which they have not worked for. I hope these douches swing.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2009 3:19am

Style: MMA / BJJ / Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff View Post
    [SIZE="4"]"Whoever did this caught him with his guard down," said Master Yusef Ali Abdullah, sensei at Staten Island Ninja Society in Elm Park, where Lee studied ninjitsu for nine years. "For them to get the drop on him . . . Whoever did this, they were cowards."
    I thought catching people with their guard down was the goal of a ninja. They were hired assassins right?

Posted On:
    8/25/2009 6:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cam4276 View Post
    I thought catching people with their guard down was the goal of a ninja. They were hired assassins right?
    No you big silly.The phenomenon began sometime around the 50s as a result of the Japanese Jedi mind trick well played on the unsuspecting gaijin.

Ninjas were overweight men in their late 30s, hitting the midlife crisis (and all you can eat buffets) pretty damn hard. Then they got the idea to run around in black pajamas, swinging outdated Japanese weapons in a haphazard manner (the Japanese thought it looked really cute.) They made up a super secret mysterious history for each one of their basement clans (at this time purchases of Kodansha Japanese Dictionary skyrocketed, successfully inflating their stock.)

Some went as far as putting their super secret ancient unknowable arts on youtube, but only so it can remain all super secret, Japanese-y, and ninjatabulous.

Apparently, the only thing in the world that can kill a ninja is drunken hillbillies with guns. That's like an army of pirates, it seems...
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Posted On:
    8/25/2009 6:45am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he was a Ninja, what was with the gun collection?? Surely it should have been an array of deadly edged weapons.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    8/25/2009 7:26am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They were for his training partners to use against him so he could practice his ninjamagic-smokebomb-grapplinghook escape
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast