Thread: newbie judoka

Style
    Judo, Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

newbie judoka

Hi I'm Jim, I'm 19 and I've been lurking here for a fair while, I live in essex/hertfordshire and I currently study Judo. I've dabbled in a few other styles and I'd really like to do wrestling but there isn't many clubs in England I guess.

Style
    newbie judo+muay thai.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey, same age same sport bud. ive only been doing mine a few weeks how about you?

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the forums. Again, how long have you been doing Judo? How about boxing?

Style
    Lifting heavy stuff
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi and welcome to Bullshido. Im a Judoka and from Hertfordshire, there are a few wrestling clubs around London/ Herts:

http://www.law-wrestling.org/styles/...ion/index.html

http://sfuk.tripod.com/clubs/hatfield_olwrestling.html

http://sfuk.tripod.com/clubs/loughton_wrestle.html

Try the British Wrestling Assosiation website for more.

Or why not mix Judo and Wrestling to get Sambo!! Now thats hard to find in the UK, id love to do it but cant find any clubs anywhere.

Style
    Judo, Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys thanks for replying, I been doing judo since the begining of the year now and its the most fun martial art I've ever done, also its good to see that loads of other bullshido members practice it. Boxing was a few years ago now but I still get a bit of practice in when Im at uni because there is a kickboxing club there. I tried phoning up Hatfield olympic wrestling but the guy said he hadnt taught it for 6 years, I was gonna ask why but then he coughed for 10 seconds and it all made sense then. Sambo would be awesome but as you say theres not many clubs in england, I've heard of SOMBO is that any good?

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by frostchild View Post
    Sambo would be awesome but as you say theres not many clubs in england, I've heard of SOMBO is that any good?
    Sambo and SOMBO are the same thing, man. Basically, SamBO stands for "Samozasyta Bez Oruzyii" or "self defence without weapons" in Russian. I believe that SOMBO has the same meaning, just a different ancronym.

Style
    Judo, Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    O thanks, I think a mate of mine lives in kent near where one of the Sombo clubs are, I'll see if I can stay down there at some point and check the club out.