Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2010 11:27am

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigskymma View Post
    Ran with your information on BJJ in Minnesota. All I could come up with is this:

There are no Machado's located within 1.5 hours of either Byron or Chester. However, there is a Rigan Machado affiltiate located in Minneapolis.

http://www.academydefense.com/staff.html

Head instructor has a black belt under Rigan. Perhaps our friend here traveled to the cities? However, that would be incredibly unlikely. Google maps shows the academy on the OPPOSITE side of the twin cities. that would be a brutal trip a few times a week to train.

If I read your post correctly do you train with this academy?
    Close, the Academy is basically the sister school of Minnesota Top Team in Eagan (where I spend part of my time) so we are connected to the Academy through the Rigan affiliation. Their instructor, Chris McCune, is indeed a Rigan black belt. The likelihood that someone traveled from Rochester (or even further out) to the Northwest corner of Minneapolis, where the Academy is, on a regular basis is almost zero. That is a LONG trip and would be brutal in rush hour. Not saying it is totally impossible, but very unlikely with any regularity. A seminar or two? Sure. But ongoing training....I seriously doubt it.

The most plausible scenario, if we assume this guy actually trained and trained with someone legit, would be that he was with Mario Roberto. But Mario isn't connected to the Machados by any link that I'm aware off the top of my head, his training came from Pedro Carvalho and then Anibal Braga.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2010 11:35am

Style: muay thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iainkelt View Post
    Close, the Academy is basically the sister school of Minnesota Top Team in Eagan (where I spend part of my time) so we are connected to the Academy through the Rigan affiliation. Their instructor, Chris McCune, is indeed a Rigan black belt. The likelihood that someone traveled from Rochester (or even further out) to the Northwest corner of Minneapolis, where the Academy is, on a regular basis is almost zero. That is a LONG trip and would be brutal in rush hour. Not saying it is totally impossible, but very unlikely with any regularity. A seminar or two? Sure. But ongoing training....I seriously doubt it.

The most plausible scenario, if we assume this guy actually trained and trained with someone legit, would be that he was with Mario Roberto. But Mario isn't connected to the Machados by any link that I'm aware off the top of my head, his training came from Pedro Carvalho and then Anibal Braga.
    Thank you! If you get the chance would you be able to ask Chris if he has any recollection of this gentlemen? Just to cover all of our bases.

I do agree with you that traveling that far through rush hour traffic is highly unlikely.

Edit: HOT LEAD! Looks like this guy was a ref at a MMA event back in my home town. Local paper did a write up on the event listing him as a ref. As luck would have it one of the judges was a fighter out of our camp. I know our guy just had a fight but hopefully he is at fighter practice. I will talk to him and see if he had any contact with this guy.

Edit 2: On a background check it looks as if he also lived in Pine Ridge, MN. About 25-30 minutes closer to the twin cities. Still is unlikely he traveled to the north side of the twins from Pine Ridge to train with a Machado affiliate.
    Last edited by bigskymma; 6/29/2010 11:59am at .

Posted On:
    7/15/2010 8:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin Karate,Judo,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have watched a lot of Team Fearless Members Matches and from what I can tell most of them have the Skill Level of a Crack Head. So either the teaching is bad or they should pick another sport. None of them guys have any real Martial Art's Background and Walk around like they own the town. A little word of advise, There is always someone Bigger, Stronger and More Skilled than you are. And Judging from a lot of Team Fearless Member Skills in the ring. Well Ill let the videos speak for its self

YouTube- Alex Villegas Vs Chuck Whilhelm
    ^^^ Waller is the ref for this match

YouTube- Travis Schroeder Vs Robby Denumbrun MMA
    ^^^^This video is at the Omni Center in Miles City not Glendive like it says

By the way, Waller Reffed a Match Between one of his fighters and another kid. Yeah, that's real professional.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 12:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MT_MMA View Post
    I have watched a lot of Team Fearless Members Matches and from what I can tell most of them have the Skill Level of a Crack Head. So either the teaching is bad or they should pick another sport. None of them guys have any real Martial Art's Background and Walk around like they own the town. A little word of advise, There is always someone Bigger, Stronger and More Skilled than you are. And Judging from a lot of Team Fearless Member Skills in the ring. Well Ill let the videos speak for its self

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWMKQpY0RuU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADGW3...eature=related

By the way, Waller Reffed a Match Between one of his fighters and another kid. Yeah, that's real professional.

Good find.

BTW - Where do you train at/with?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 2:26am

Style: JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Miles City, MT huh? That is near where I grew up. Out in Missoula now. Let me do some digging and ask a few of our fighters who do fights out that way.

Edit:

Did a little digging. Records seem to indicate that he did live in Minnesota. It looks as if he lived in Byron, MN. Byron looks to be 8 miles from Rochester so we may want to start our search for the mysterious Machado there.

Records also indicate that he lived in Chester, Iowa before that. Chester is just across the Minnesota state line. It is about an hour from Byron. However, the road looks like a less traveled one and Google maps is notoriously bad on roads that are not major roadways. It is likely closer to 30-45 minutes.

If a Machado exists in Rochester it is likely that he would travel from either Byron or Chester.

I also have a phone number and address. I may give the gentlemen a call and see if I can get some clearer information.

I started my training in Rochester, MN the only BJJ there is Mario Roberto and some guys from Team Crazy, also I believe a start-up place in the Martial arts fitness center.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 12:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MorningLemon View Post
    I started my training in Rochester, MN the only BJJ there is Mario Roberto and some guys from Team Crazy, also I believe a start-up place in the Martial arts fitness center.
    Thanks.

I think I am going to try and visit team fearless in a few weeks. I will be done with classes and going back home to visit the folks. Will try to make a trip down to Miles City and take a class with Team Fearless.

Only 7 months experience but I am more interested in talking with the gentleman right now.

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 1:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin Karate,Judo,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good find.

BTW - Where do you train at/with?
    I live in Texas ATM.
    http://www.katyjiujitsu.com/

I am currently looking for work in other states so that I can train possibly at one of the Pedro's Academy's or one of Matt Serra's Schools

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2010 3:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MT_MMA View Post

YouTube- Alex Villegas Vs Chuck Whilhelm

YouTube- Travis Schroeder Vs Robby Denumbrun MMA

The only Crackhead on here is you!!! That is not Waller in those videos or Team Fearless!! The ref on the top video is Terril from Team Fusion!!

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/21/2010 6:09am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker View Post
    The only Crackhead on here is you!!! That is not Waller in those videos or Team Fearless!! The ref on the top video is Terril from Team Fusion!!
    ... and you are who?

Style says your a "club owner" so I really don't know how to take your post.

I suggest you read the stickies on the top of each forum( you know the ones with your name on them in all caps ) and immediately report to newbietown to make your intro thread and get a feel for the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2010 4:06pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfistmonkey View Post
    ... and you are who?

Style says your a "club owner" so I really don't know how to take your post.

I suggest you read the stickies on the top of each forum( you know the ones with your name on them in all caps ) and immediately report to newbietown to make your intro thread and get a feel for the forums.
    Does that really Matter??
    What does matter is someone has posted video claiming it's Waller and Team FearLess. All I'm trying to tell everybody is that those videos are not Waller nor Team Fearless but instead Terrill (hes the ref) from Team Fusion. That somebody should make sure they have the correct video and people before they call people crackheads and make deflamatory statements. Just Consider me someone who knows who Terrill and Team Fusion are.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast