Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/19/2009 9:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And then later on when he showed one of his students a strait ankle lock and never hooked his foot/leg across the guys stomach to prevent him from sitting up on him
    You don't have to. Its also a good way to get disqualified. Not knowing who a rando Machado is doesn't make the guy a fake. You may wanna get more info.

Posted On:
    8/19/2009 9:46pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Toshi Kan Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxThunderstone View Post
    You don't have to. Its also a good way to get disqualified. Not knowing who a rando Machado is doesn't make the guy a fake. You may wanna get more info.

I don't go around town name bashing him. And he is an all around nice guy. But there is nothing wrong with checking on someones credential's.

EDIT: He said he trained in Minnesota
    Last edited by ninjai_ruken; 8/19/2009 9:58pm at .

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    8/19/2009 10:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You've greatly misunderstood what we do here. I suggest you go read the stickies.

Posted On:
    8/19/2009 10:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Toshi Kan Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Chokin View Post
    You've greatly misunderstood what we do here. I suggest you go read the stickies.

Roger that

Posted On:
    6/28/2010 11:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coming from an ex team fearless fighter he's full of ****

Posted On:
    6/29/2010 12:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro52 View Post
    Coming from an ex team fearless fighter he's full of ****
    who are you talking about here? ninjai_ruken or Joe Waller?

Posted On:
    6/29/2010 2:18am

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only web presence I could find other than links to Waller reffing and a post for a fight card billing him as 12-2 was here and this showing him to have a 0-1-0 record after losing a fight in Wyoming in 2007. Sherdog's Fight Finder, lists his record as the one fight referred to by the MMA-Core site.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2010 10:04am

Style: muay thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Miles City, MT huh? That is near where I grew up. Out in Missoula now. Let me do some digging and ask a few of our fighters who do fights out that way.

Edit:

Did a little digging. Records seem to indicate that he did live in Minnesota. It looks as if he lived in Byron, MN. Byron looks to be 8 miles from Rochester so we may want to start our search for the mysterious Machado there.

Records also indicate that he lived in Chester, Iowa before that. Chester is just across the Minnesota state line. It is about an hour from Byron. However, the road looks like a less traveled one and Google maps is notoriously bad on roads that are not major roadways. It is likely closer to 30-45 minutes.

If a Machado exists in Rochester it is likely that he would travel from either Byron or Chester.

I also have a phone number and address. I may give the gentlemen a call and see if I can get some clearer information.
    Last edited by bigskymma; 6/29/2010 10:35am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2010 10:59am

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigskymma View Post
    Miles City, MT huh? That is near where I grew up. Out in Missoula now. Let me do some digging and ask a few of our fighters who do fights out that way.

Edit:

Did a little digging. Records seem to indicate that he did live in Minnesota. It looks as if he lived in Byron, MN. Byron looks to be 8 miles from Rochester so we may want to start our search for the mysterious Machado there.

Records also indicate that he lived in Chester, Iowa before that. Chester is just across the Minnesota state line. It is about an hour from Byron. However, the road looks like a less traveled one and Google maps is notoriously bad on roads that are not major roadways. It is likely closer to 30-45 minutes.

If a Machado exists in Rochester it is likely that he would travel from either Byron or Chester.

I also have a phone number and address. I may give the gentlemen a call and see if I can get some clearer information.
    Ok, I can't definitively swear that a legit Machado has never lived in Minnesota, but I can say it is highly unlikely. My current school is a Rigan affiliate and he has come out this way for a seminar but I don't remember ever hearing about one of his relatives living in Rochester. I can also pretty much name every legit BJJ black belt living in the state, or at least will have heard something about them.

There is, however, a 100% legit BJJ stud in Rochester in Mario Roberto. If anybody is claiming high level BJJ training in the Rochester area, since 2004 or so at least, and they aren't talking about Mario, they are probably full of crap. But if you can find out a name I can ask around about the Rochester BJJ scene since it isn't far from me, and I have some second hand connections to Mario's school.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2010 11:01am

Style: muay thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ran with your information on BJJ in Minnesota. All I could come up with is this:

There are no Machado's located within 1.5 hours of either Byron or Chester. However, there is a Rigan Machado affiltiate located in Minneapolis.

http://www.academydefense.com/staff.html

Head instructor has a black belt under Rigan. Perhaps our friend here traveled to the cities? However, that would be incredibly unlikely. Google maps shows the academy on the OPPOSITE side of the twin cities. that would be a brutal trip a few times a week to train.

If I read your post correctly do you train with this academy?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast