Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BJJ Black Belt or Fraud?

There is a guy in my home town who opened up a local MMA Gym/Team. He Claims to have a Black Belt in BJJ and Says he got it from a Machado. When my Sensei Asked him what Machado he gave a name my Sensei has never heard of and said it was a Cousin of one of the Machado's. When I watched this guy firght his first and only local match he lost and his basic ground worked sucked. Its the only fight we have watched him fight. I personaly do not believe this guy has a Black Belt in BJJ since they do not just hand them out. How would I go about finding out if this guy is frauding. We are located in MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should start with the guy's name.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Chokin View Post
    You should start with the guy's name.

Sorry, his name is Joe Waller

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's the name of the school (does he have a website?) and do you have the video of his fight?

The more info, the better.
    Last edited by Kentucky Fried Chokin; 8/19/2009 7:08pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Chokin View Post
    What's the name of the school (does he have a website?) and do you have the video of his fight?

Team Fearless, Located out of Miles City Mt. No video and he does not have a website.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have done some digging myself, but I really can not come up with anything. I have thought about emailing the Machado's but I dont know. What really bothers me, is these guys/kids train with him then walk around town thinking they are bad ass. But if they stepped into a real BJJ Dojo they would get eaten alive.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do we have any Machado students who would like to help with a name check.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My instructor is very close with Rigan, but I think we're going to need more info that "a cousin of the Machados" to get anywhere.

OP, get a name, even if it's one you or your sensei hasn't heard of, and we can go from there.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Bar View Post
    My instructor is very close with Rigan, but I think we're going to need more info that "a cousin of the Machados" to get anywhere.

OP, get a name, even if it's one you or your sensei hasn't heard of, and we can go from there.

It was like a Joseph or Jose, I cant really recall. I remember it was my first MMA Fight and I introduced Joe Waller to my Sensei because he was the Referee. He told my Sensei he had a Black Belt in BJJ, My Sensei Asked. "Under Who?" his reply "Machado's" My Sensei said "Oh yeah? Which one?" He kind of looked surprised and said. "Well I was under one of their cousins." Then he gave the name. I wish I could remember what name. It was last fall that this happened. And thats when I started to wonder, And then later on when he showed one of his students a strait ankle lock and never hooked his foot/leg across the guys stomach to prevent him from sitting up on him. It's just been little details like that.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please contact him and find out.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last