Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    1/29/2004 12:00am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't prove this, but I believe it may have been his bout with Thunderlips which first triggered the onset of brain damage, later made more apparent by the shots of Ivan.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    1/29/2004 12:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. T seemed like the ulitimate menace in Rocky 3. "why you ducking me, fool?"

How about James Brown?..."EYE, Live in Amerika!!"

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    1/29/2004 12:28am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    VINDICATED!
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/29/2004 12:35am

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Impulse/Inertial Machine. This machine is used to develop starting strength in jabs, uppercuts, hooks. It is tough and requires total body coordination"

Anyone ever used this?

Posted On:
    1/29/2004 7:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best way to increase the expolsiveness of your punch is to work on punching explosively, plyometrics are a TOOL that MAY ( the jury is still out) help, like all the other tools out there.
    As for the "impulse/Inertial machine", ****, I wish I knew what IT IS !!!

I don't always agree with Hatfield when it comes to weight training ( I find his acceptence of steroids erroneous), I do agree 100% with him in regards to alot of the exercisie that are done by athletes "just because".

Fact is when youhave a limited amount of time to workout, you need to focus, specificaly, on what you are doing. If you have only 4 hours per week to train, to "waste" 30min or more on running for example. when what you need to do is develop striking speed, is a waste.
    If you need to improve cardio endurance in grappling and you have only 4 hours per week to train, to "lose" 30min of grappling time because you went on a run is not in your best intrest.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2004 5:36pm

Style: wing chun, tai chi.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow. that is quite a workout. talk about increasing your anabolic limits. most people never really appreciate how much power can be derived from using the body, plus an individual limb(arm or leg) tires much faster than your whole body will. truth is truth, no matter what style or what your personal ideas may be. man, if only i didn't work, have school and could train 3 times a day.....exscuses, exscuses i know. :)

Posted On:
    1/30/2004 7:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, the training methodologies are very applicable to us with limited time to train ( which is the vast majority).
    It's really about quality over quantity and not "wasting" limited training time with exercises or training that is NOT directly related to our goals and our particular sport, or in out case, Martial art.

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    1/30/2004 3:02pm

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    70 percent of the total potential power for hand striking is generated by the lower torso and legs.

for explosiveness, have the knees bent (stored potential energy aforehand), shoot forward with a strong waist twist and have the arm movement sequenced so that as the shoulder comes on line with the target, he gets it.

a big problem with explosive hitting is that guys try to go too fast, too soon. hitting is a matter of smooth acceleration with the majority of the speed and power at the end of the strike. hitting is from slow to fast.

dont be tense when you go to move, save the 'flex' for the impact.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2004 4:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Impulse Inertial Training:

http://www.impulsepower.com/default.htm

I think this is the right bit since they cite the same article as part of their testimonial :)

Essentially this is a device to throw the desired force at you as you catch/drive through it with the training body motion.

Their bit seems to be low force very high rep to build the coordination, and from the coordination comes the force. In Holyfield's case that would be the whole-body punch rather than just an arm punch.

Seems kinda pricy, photos are no doubt deliberately fuzzy to keep anyone with a few power tools from duplicating their machines.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12