Yours truly

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 8:33am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thunder Pro-Series Boxing Gloves

The guy who runs the club at Univ. of Fla sells this stuff. I was able to get some gloves for half the list price.

Technically, I believe these gloves are bag gloves. However, the padding, protection on both sides of the leather, the quality of the leather and fitment are better than any bag glove I've used, and just as good as sparring and competition gloves.

The ones I have are 16 oz.

Nice and chunky around the thumbs as well. All part of the fist feels nicely padded evenly, no stupid hard areas with less padding on the corners of my hands.

First thing I noticed about these gloves was the high quality of construction. Leather is very nice too, I keep wanting to rub these gloves on my face like I was on XTC or something. mmmmmmmmmm..

The best thing I can say about these gloves are;
    I WOULD NOT MIND BEING HIT IN THE FOREHEAD BY A FIGHTER WEARING THESE GLOVES ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!

I've used them for a full semester, with regular sparring sessions and medium use on heavy bags. (I try to use cheapo everlast bag gloves for bagwork but new kids at the club need to borrow my cheap gloves) Still looks and feels like new. I will post updates as I keep using these gloves.

The club also uses thai pads from the same company; I'll upload more reviews as I get more familiar with their products.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by dwkfym; 4/15/2009 8:39am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 11:46am

Style: Hapkido, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have the same gloves (no doubt from the same guy). They are as good as the poster says.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    7/10/2009 11:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    update:
    Its been almost a year. I mainly used these for sparring for the last few months but they are holding up well. "broken in" feeling, but these gloves feel broken in when you first get them. Still stiff where it needs to be and hasn't turned into a flimsy rag nor a hard rock.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    7/27/2009 8:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Update:
    got stolen by some punks that got kicked out of the gym. Dammit!!