Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/17/2009 8:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: american kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by animlmthr View Post
    you could french braid your hair too; that's what the other chicks in my school do.

But it may be a little gay looking. I don't think I've ever seen a dude with a french braid...
    I used to have hair down to my ass and I let some girls french braid it once. It does look very gay like that.

I think the African style braids would be your best bet for it not coming loose but those are time consuming to do, not something you can just throw in after class and then take back out when your done.

Ultimately just cutting it shorter is the easiest and most comfortable way to go. It has the added benefit of being way more comfortable in the summer.

Posted On:
    8/17/2009 8:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tie my in a ponytail but that works only until I get thrown, and I get thrown a lot :(

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2009 8:52pm

Style: Hung Kuen, Jook Lum SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my hair is down past mid-back. Even if I tie it in a ponytail, when I get thrown, my training bro usually ends up stepping on it. I think when it gets longer, I'll braid it and wrap it around my neck.
    As far as saying,'Just cut it, dude," if we were going to even consider cutting it, there would be no need for the thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2009 9:28pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The girls at our school swear to water polo hoods. You look like an alien but your hair stays in place at least.

Posted On:
    8/17/2009 10:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A hilarious thing a couple of colleagues *ahem-hem* like to do with combative longhairs at the club where I work: RNC, and once the hooks are in, use the hand that's behind the head to grab just enough hair that it can be peeled out of the scalp.

Keeping the wrist planted on the back of the head, one can manoeuvre the fingers around enough to yank a goodly amount of hair right out with a cool shredding sound--all while maintaining the RNC. They shriek like little girls, and writhe like netted carp...especially when you can take your time. Convenient, or what?

Just have your gloves on while you do it. Scalps fucking bleed and bleed.

So I'm told. *ahem*

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    8/17/2009 10:42pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will say that my hair occasionally gets a knee on it or something and gets ripped out a bit, no big deal for me. If I cared that much I would cut it. But DELIBERATELY grabbing my hair turns it from a roll/sparring match into a fight, instantly.
    Just like biting, eye-gouging, fish-hooking, or groin punching. If you start that **** you damn well better be able to kick my ass....

Also, if you click the little ninja in the top right of my name, or go to kintanon.blogspot.com you can see all of my competition videos and see how my hairbun holds up. At the end of some I have a big halo of fuzzy hair around my head....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2009 12:11am

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've had my hair grabbed deliberately. like twice.

both guys (my instructor, and another very good grappler) did it as jokes, and can definitely kick my ass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 12:42pm

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    did the 'rows.

i was surprised by the amount of positive reactions i got from women.

the cornrows worked great for grappling. so much a friend of mine who was also going to compete got them too.

then a bunch of gyms chickened out, and we ended up having way more grapplers from my gym, prompting us to have to fight eachother in the first rounds. so... it was cornrows vs. cornrows! i'm the ape with the beard:

he beat me on points, after an amazingly tiresome 5 minutes. he then went on to win the tournament. i was happy for him. video coming soon. took the cornrows out, next step is to shave... my beard is like huge. ****.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 1:05pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Little story. I was teaching a girl basic guillotine from guard and she was just not getting the tap. I tried showing her every leverage trick I knew but nothing was working.

Then it hit me. Her partner had hippie dreds which were cushioning his neck. I had her go under the dreds and it worked just fine.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 5:02pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've got about two feet of hair (mid-back length), and I usually tie it back, then braid it, then tuck it up under wrestling headgear.

Works out pretty well for me.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123