Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 10:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hung Gar / CLF folks, help me with this guy...

I have a question for folks in the Choy Lay Fut and Hung Gar schools. Apologies in advance because this guy is a troll, but it can be good for a few laughs as well. There is this guy, if you googled his name, you would find out he's been banned from a number of forums. He claims to have mastered mantis, hung gar, clf and "countless other" kung fu forms. A few of us have asked him politely who he studied under, and he dodges the question. Instead to prove skill, lineage, and proficiency we get still photos. At some point he will without fail resort to insulting, and to be honest some of us have replied in kind! The fact remains that I have some issues with his claims to know mantis kung fu, based on dozens of photos of an e-book that he posted. Yes, dozens of styles, but his applications were so elementary they were embarrasing. What I cannot make any claim to is his proficiency in CLF or Hung Gar.

The forum where all of the fun is happening right now is www.antimma.com Poke around for a bit, the fun is everywhere. I will also copy a few photos that "prove" this man is a master, and I would invite commentary on them. I am not against still photos, yet in this case when asked for video to show form proficiency he claims that photos are all that is needed to prove his knowledge.
    Thanks for listening, discuss!

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 11:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is Bruce Downey, aka HungKungFu, aka TigerClaw, aka KungFuTeacher.
    There is an article in the works already and if you search his name here, i hope you have some reading time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 11:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found his thread and I know he's banned, I just haven't taken a break to read it yet! Based on what's going down on anti-mma, I'd say he is in the bat-**** crazy category.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 1:27pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis_Fist View Post
    Based on what's going down on anti-mma, I'd say he is in the bat-**** crazy category.
    No, that doesn't begin to address his delusions.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/31/2009 11:30am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Praying Mantis/San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to read this thread. Can someone post a link... there is a lot of stuff in the search re: Bruce Downey.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/31/2009 11:48am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bruce already knows what i think of his so-called hung fist boxing
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2009 12:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thread I was actually posting about seems to be gone. He had posted the above photos on antimma.com as proof of his hung gar skill. He stated that those still poses we proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that he knew the forms, knew the applications, and had direct lineage to the founder. We all said no, it shows you can pose in kung fu stances, which anyone can do. And downhill from there...

There are a few Bruce commentaries which are much shorter than the mega threads. One is on Dragons List called "KFM (Kung Fu Man) getting raped on Bullshido" which is a commentary on the Bullshido thread "Kung Fu is Stylish and Gay". A more recent one is on Defend Net called "Master Bruce Downey's Words of Wisdom" which is a commentary on the action over at Anti MMA. The last site seems to be abandoned, hence it is the only martial arts related website where Bruce has not yet been banned, so he has a bit of a voice over there. It's gone way past funny and is pathetic, sad, and annoying all in one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2009 12:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/01/2009 4:04am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: praying mantis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes, I was contributing an idea, that was not a street fight, and both could compete their techniques in a fair way

and are you not a hypocrite for not reading my rather short post

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/01/2009 4:06am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you purposely being dense or is this a natural state?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast