Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/16/2009 8:43am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've held two so far, at the one in 07, 3 bullies turned up, last year there was only 1 bullie aside from myself... this year I've been trying to set one up but hardly anyone will commit to a date. I went to a TD in london in may, there were 4 people from BS including me there, and that's in the capital.

Where are you thinking of hosting one patcherson? I would be willing to travel within reason. Also, whats your motivation for it? I had a read over some of your posts there and as i'm sure you know shotokan isn't the most highly regarded by this site, are you looking to test your karate or anything like that?

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    9/03/2009 10:27am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, it looks like I'm moving to Dublin at the end of the month. I'm far too lazy to organise anything, but if someone else wants to get something going, I just might turn up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 5:57am

Style: MMA / BJJ / Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Das Moose View Post
    I've held two so far, at the one in 07, 3 bullies turned up, last year there was only 1 bullie aside from myself... this year I've been trying to set one up but hardly anyone will commit to a date. I went to a TD in london in may, there were 4 people from BS including me there, and that's in the capital.

Where are you thinking of hosting one patcherson? I would be willing to travel within reason. Also, whats your motivation for it? I had a read over some of your posts there and as i'm sure you know shotokan isn't the most highly regarded by this site, are you looking to test your karate or anything like that?
    Hey Moose, are we still on for the end of this month or have we cancelled due to lack of interest?

I was looking forward to it...

damn, i just read your last update in the belfast throwdown thread so i guess it is off then. Maybe we could organise something between our clubs. I know wacky has been down a few times (to milford not ramelton). An inter-club visit or something.

Posted On:
    9/12/2009 8:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey cam, you or anyone else is welcome any time. It would be cool as you suggested to have an inter-club thing. We can make arrangements here http://www.qub-bjj.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=381

To be honest i have just lost interest in the throwdown concept. Generally you get quite a few people showing interest at first but when push comes to shove only about 1 or 2 show up - which is fine but I'd rather just have people visit whenever they like if thats the case than go to all this trouble when it's not worth it. As I said when I went to a throwdown in farnborough (a not very long train ride from london) only 3 other bullies turned up. Its just not worth the effort.

I PM'd patcherson and he basically said he was too busy to organise it himself and i can guarantee you he probably wouldn't turn up if i did hold one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2009 12:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess we have the Dublin BJJ Open coming up in a couple of weeks so i might speak to the guys and organise something for after that.

I also have The Irish Judo Open in November so i need to concentrate on my Judo until then (since i am a sucky Orange belt and there are no belt divisions)

Anyway, thanks for trying. I am sure we will end up doing something together at some point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2009 2:57pm

Style: Kyokushin, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll go whenvever. Up for that anytime in october or after pretty much. Shotokan...sounds...tasty.

Posted On:
    11/06/2009 5:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to point out that Abusivemelon is actually sitting beside me right now in Belfast having a beer.... belfast throwdown, wooo! You're all a bunch of dicks for not showing up, didn't want you hear anyway. I hate you all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2009 2:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What!

I thought we agreed the belfast throwdown was called off.

I saw you last weekend (at the judo in Ulidia) and you didnt mention it.

I am totally confused...

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 3:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was a joke mate... melon came over to visit and we were talking about the belfast throwdowns so i thought i'd post on the thread. As always you and your club (and anyone else in martial arts) is welcome to visit any time, there will be no more official "belfast throwdown" per se however.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12