Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2009 11:26am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by foxd View Post
    Anybody else figure out why Henderson doesn't need to breathe, have blood flow to his brain, or have his joints go the right way to live? I think we should dissect him for the sake of medical science.
    The best commentary all night was at the end of the fight when Frank Mir was just like, "Oh Jesus, Jesus Christ!" In this revolted voice as Cerrone twisted Henderson's shoulder in that omoplata. I was cringing on my couch at the same time. I honestly think Henderson would have let his arm come off before he tapped out.

I also agreed with the judges. The first 45 seconds or so of round 1 almost won the fight for Cerrone, but then Henderson took control and flat out dominated the last 4 minutes of round 1 and all of rounds 2 and 3.

I don't know what the announcers were seeing, but Henderson was obviously gassed out after the third round (not that I blame him). They kept talking about how amazing his cardio was as he failed every single takedown attempt in the last 2 rounds and eventually just started falling to his back. Rounds 4 and 5 were all Cerrone.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 4:57pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anybody else figure out why Henderson doesn't need to breathe, have blood flow to his brain, or have his joints go the right way to live?
    He told us at the end of the fight. It was all Jesus.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 6:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: N/A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anybody else figure out why Henderson doesn't need to breathe, have blood flow to his brain, or have his joints go the right way to live? I think we should dissect him for the sake of medical science.
    THROUGH THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

But seriously, the dude's insane. One of my most favorite fights so far.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12