Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 12:50pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    Sherdog has squashed investigation threads before, and used invasion of privacy as the excuse. Just sayin'
    I'm not doubting you - you've done EXCELLENT work with this investigation, and I thank you for that.

But I guess there are two sides to it. I'm going to keep out of it :icon_wink

On a side note, I know the more established members are sick of newbs posting emotionally-laced threads in the main thread, but most of these people were mislead by the title of the thread they clicked. I have been to numerous forums where the video was posted with information that the mentally disturbed man was murdered.

I know it may be annoying to get those types of posts in your threads, but at least people care. At least they have some passion. It doesn't excuse them not reading the forum rules - I'm guessing most of them are experienced posters on other forums and assumed this board would be the same. But I must say that from reading the replies, the experienced members seem like a tight-nit group, not very welcoming to newbies.

I'm not for vigilante justice, but it makes me feel good to know that people care enough about this incident to want to do something about it. Someone earlier compared this to Rashomon, and that's a perfect analogy.

This will probably be my last post here. Good job to all of those who contributed.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 1:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a little while ago i recieved an email reply from a friend of my friend sean that is an assistant editor at the potomac news newspaper which covers the dumfries area, and theyve recieved this story over 200 times so far and have bumped its priority and have people working on it 24/7.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 2:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sodapopinski View Post
    I'm not doubting you - you've done EXCELLENT work with this investigation, and I thank you for that.

But I guess there are two sides to it. I'm going to keep out of it :icon_wink

On a side note, I know the more established members are sick of newbs posting emotionally-laced threads in the main thread, but most of these people were mislead by the title of the thread they clicked. I have been to numerous forums where the video was posted with information that the mentally disturbed man was murdered.

I know it may be annoying to get those types of posts in your threads, but at least people care. At least they have some passion. It doesn't excuse them not reading the forum rules - I'm guessing most of them are experienced posters on other forums and assumed this board would be the same. But I must say that from reading the replies, the experienced members seem like a tight-nit group, not very welcoming to newbies.

I'm not for vigilante justice, but it makes me feel good to know that people care enough about this incident to want to do something about it. Someone earlier compared this to Rashomon, and that's a perfect analogy.

This will probably be my last post here. Good job to all of those who contributed.
    Actually it is more like tough love towards newbies. Or boot camp. You suck it up, and learn how to behave like a real member of the site, or you leave. I caught a ****-ton of criticism when I joined for ignoring forum rules. A lot more than the n00bs on that thread too.

Edit: Also, its not so much this site as it is that forum. That is the most tightly regulated forum on the site, next to Advanced Grappling Technique. A n00b could post on YMAS all day and not get beat on for rules violation. He might get called out for being an idiot, but first he'd have to actually be an idiot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 3:13pm

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The great thing about the KMPH news report is that Mestas has immediately grasped the fact that Blythe was "directing" the action.

This is centrally important IMO

if you look at Blythe's performances in the crawfish videos you can see that Blythe is a consummate showman. He loves to put on a performance where he's the top dog.

On the day of the assault, I don't know how many of Blythe's students were present.

To my knowledge the 2 black belts of Caucasian appearance were not Blythe's students.

This was not an ordinary day at the dojo, one of the visitors was a VIP karateka, they were both senseis with their own dojos.

This was an important social event, a reunion of old friends with certain social ties and history in common.

I believe that Jesus dude was just unlucky in that he happened to be around at a time when Blythe wanted to put on an entertaining and impressive show for his guests.

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 3:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What exactly did BJB anticipate happening when he posted that Vid on youtube?
    Was he looking for praise?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 6:44pm

Style: Legalese

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another poster said it was probably a "trophy" video, like a hunting trophy. He probably also thought the statute of limitations will prevent him from facing any legal consequences. Psycho.

Well, it's back-fired quite loudly on him now. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 7:25pm

Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I blame The Karate Kid's glamorized portrayal of bullying for fostering the dojo culture of the 80's.

Bruce Leeroy just got caught in the crossfire.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 7:48pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Bar View Post
    Why do these things always happen in the South?
    Doesnt matter regardless, the attacker is same race as victim.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 7:56pm

Style: Judo, BJJ, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doesnt matter regardless, the attacker is same race as victim.
    We're assuming race isn't a part of it (accurately I believe) but the instigator in this case (Blythe) is not the same race, and he selected the student who fought.

Getting blacks to fight each other through offering money, bribing, force, trickery, etc. was par for the course in the racist South. Read Chapter 1 of Invisible Man.

I'm not saying this was race motivated - I doubt that - but it is certainly not ruled out for the reason you stated.

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 8:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, tomorrow is the Sunday addition too, I am sure it will be covered by a few papers.