Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 8:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    Did anyone else notice that the Jesus dude, despite a lot of theatrical hand waving, actually seemed to be a trained fighter. He had excellent reflexes, took a ton of bare knuckle shots to the body without complaining or really reacting, and pulled off some pretty slick moves (avoiding the big sweep comes to mind). Anyone have any opinion of the style his (non theatrical) moves may have come from? It may help in identifying him in the future.

The spinning side kick in the initial exchange looks almost like a Savate technique.

Opinions?
    I slightly disagree - the Jesus dude was in excellent physical condition,
    and the Karate guy was simply bad. (He fails to land his first groin kick, from what I observed, and had difficulties to knock his victim out.)

Also, I'd say the blow comes from the victim crashing against the lamp base there, so it probably was only superficial.

I say, check again what Karate ryu and association that was. Many bullshit factors lining up, at least from my POV:

Questionable morale, questionable circumstances of training (that's a dojo?! - And how did the Jesus freak get in there in the first place? - Why the camera?), and then the BB lacks skill.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 9:10am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for posting that.

This is the kick I referred to earlier:

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 9:20am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    I slightly disagree - the Jesus dude was in excellent physical condition,
    and the Karate guy was simply bad. (He fails to land his first groin kick, from what I observed, and had difficulties to knock his victim out.)
    He was average. We all love to think we are vastly superior but, most of us are average. In other words many of us aren't much better than the guy. I've watched to many videos, including my own to sit here and say the Black Belt was bad.

Jesus dude had some type of training he did something beginners rarely do, he looked where he was aiming on the the spin kick. Hell I've seen pros forget to do that when they are in a match.

Not trying to give people an out but, go look at some street fight videos and watch how shitty people become in those situation.

Also, I'd say the blow comes from the victim crashing against the lamp base there, so it probably was only superficial.
    The guy was in good shape and knew how to take a punch. I've seen physically gifted people crumble in a fight situation so, I agree with WW he was trained. Now the level of training is up in the air and it doesn't excuse the dojo's actions in anyway. The dude said he wanted to teach without touching the guy.

I don't care if everything in the blurb is true. I don't care if they felt they were cleaning up the community and riding them of a nuisance. It was all unwarranted.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 9:32am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My hope was that someone would identify some ideosincratic movement and say "Aha! That's Okinawan Miyagi-Do!"

Also, the sweep counter was pretty nifty too.

Honestly, the guy lost because he didn't realize that this was a streetfight. Skill-wise, I don't see the attacker as much better.

Blythe has stated that he was pissed at Dennis for taking so long, and that he "Made him pay for it a week later." Apparently that video will have the title "Fight For Life" if and when he posts it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 9:40am

Style: KunTao & Kettlebells

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, I watched this at work with the sound turned down. I didn't realize what the crazy guy was saying. Now that I listened to this, it makes it about 1000 times worse.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 9:45am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blythe has stated that he was pissed at Dennis for taking so long, and that he "Made him pay for it a week later." Apparently that video will have the title "Fight For Life" if and when he posts it.
    I hope you are kidding.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 10:08am

Style: unemployed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think "littleoldme" have a screenshot where he writes that one.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 10:15am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh good lord. The more he types the worse I feel for the Black belt. Yep, sorry I have a little sympathy for him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 10:15am

Style: KunTao & Kettlebells

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did anyone else notice that the Jesus dude, despite a lot of theatrical hand waving, actually seemed to be a trained fighter. He had excellent reflexes, took a ton of bare knuckle shots to the body without complaining or really reacting, and pulled off some pretty slick moves (avoiding the big sweep comes to mind). Anyone have any opinion of the style his (non theatrical) moves may have come from? It may help in identifying him in the future.

The spinning side kick in the initial exchange looks almost like a Savate technique.

Opinions?
    Yeah he didn't look completely untrained. I agree that he didn't realize how far the other guy was going to go and kept trying to stop. The other guy...well he just kept trying to stomp his face in.
    Last edited by jeff5; 8/15/2009 10:21am at .

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 10:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    He was average. We all love to think we are vastly superior but, most of us are average. In other words many of us aren't much better than the guy. I've watched to many videos, including my own to sit here and say the Black Belt was bad.

Jesus dude had some type of training he did something beginners rarely do, he looked where he was aiming on the the spin kick. Hell I've seen pros forget to do that when they are in a match.

Not trying to give people an out but, go look at some street fight videos and watch how shitty people become in those situation.
    I hope I wasn't sounding arrogant. - The point is, the attacker seems undecided what to do, and hesitates after his attacks each time, most likely because he isn't sure about the effect they'll have. He's extremely slow for a karate man that is supposedly trying to harm his opponent. Also, he needs awfully many strikes and kicks to harm his opponent, and wins only because the Jesus freak drops his defenses.