Posted On:
    8/26/2009 10:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing,kung fu, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by platon20 View Post
    Hello,

I am an ER/ICU doctor who just joined this forum. I wanted to comment on the hospital/medical angle here. Just from what I saw on the video, his injuries could certainly be fatal. The difficulty breathing you hear at the end of the video could be caused by several different things, either blood in his airway that he's having trouble clearing, or partial paralysis of the phrenic nerve from the neck stomp injury he sustained, leading to poor respiratory effort. Either way, if he came into my ER like that, I'd probably suction him out and possibly intubate him depending on how alert he is. Its an automatic ICU admission in my view.

I dont have any information about the specific hospitals in that area. However, I will say that back in the 1980s it was virtually unheard of for any hospital to have any kind of electronic medical record, so you'd have to go thru the archived paper records, which IMHO are probably destroyed at this point. Even the comprehensive electronic VA hospital record system, VISTA/CPRS doesnt go back that far.

At this point, victim identification is key. Until we can prove that this individual was killed in this vicious assault, the cops probably wont be able to pursue any criminal charges against the idiots reponsible.

I know you guys are already working on the media angle, has the local Dumfries area media taken this up at all? I think they are most likely to break the case in terms of victim identity. Anyways, my thoughts:

1) Try to find old doctors or nurses who worked at at a local hospital back in 1984 and see if they remember this guy--specifically we need ER personnel. I am willing to assist with this. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the area. But if someone can give me the name of any local hospitals that were around back then, I will try to write letters to the head of the ER staff and see if they know the name of an ER doctor that I can contact who was working back then.

2) Get the local news media to broadcast this guy's picture all over the airwaves, and hope that people from 1984 remember him. If he was homeless, he might not have any family contacts in the area, which will make finding his identity that much more difficult.

I am truly saddened by this video, its apparent towards the end that the victim is overwhelmed and panicked, trying to get the beating to stop. I hope we can find out who he is and put a name to his face.
    The only real hospital in that area at the time was Prince William County hospital in Manassas, Virginia area code 22110 or 22111. Potomac Hospital was not built for some years after that. My youngest daughter was born in Potomac hospital in 94, and it was still only like 2 years old or so at that time. So PWH would have been it if he had made it to the hospital.

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 11:01pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zenman41 View Post
    Thx man, BTW what I was calling the manassas hospital, was actualy Prince William County Hospital, my wife corrected me LOL. Her mom used to work there(volunteer). Anyway if anyone has access to that hospital it was the only major one in the area at the time KFG was hurt. There may be record of a man fitting his description with a head injury at the time who was admitted there. Like I said I do not know how long that stuff is archived.
    Since you are calling hospitals call Sheppard Pratt in Towson please. If you cannot call them let me know and i shall.

Frankly like War Wheel I am overwhelmed by all the bullshit about style that has come into this thread... guys most of what was said about style in the first pages was suffcient.. what we need is someone to identify this guy! Dennis Brown has been called and he was the premier gung fu guy in the entire Balto washington area... so you know what? as much as I like masturbating to whether it was choy la foot or wing Chung... It don;t matter unless he can be identified.

I will try to call John Clayton in Bmore and ask about the wing chun angel though it is a long shot.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 12:17am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Wow, that's a shame, because Dennis doesn't live in Palm Beach County. Interesting "ball" you got rolling.

Dennis lives in Broward County. Probation is run by the state, by the way, not individual counties. There is a Broward office, however. I've visited it on occasion.

His handlers would be in Broward, not Palm Beach.
    My mistake I meant Ft. Lauderdale where the main Probation and Parole Office is in that area. As Mr. Dennis's address is listed at Deerfield Beach. The person I spoke to was a supervisor and informed me that she would look into the matter. Like I said before she stated that they know nothing of the video and that this was the first that they heard of it. I am a Deputy in Central Florida so I don't think she would lie to me about that. So yes interesting "ball" I got rolling. More likely if the KFG lived then depending on the state law where that happened the statutes of limitation would be run out. In the 80's not alot was done in the area of battery. Thats why we now have domestic violence laws, hate crime laws and laws that make battering a pregnant female a felony in Florida. Talking to one of my Sergeants who started in the 80s claim that reports of batteries weren't taken too seriously in those days. Now if the KFG died then there is no statute of limitations on murder. I've seen people exhibiting that same kind of breathing on real serious car wrecks and once in the jail. I know that the people in the car wrecks ended up dying. Not too sure what the outcome was of the inmate who got beat up. But definitely serious stuff when it comes to brain damage.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 12:27am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has been working on IDing KFG. The flyer is excellent and should be posted around the area there...with our tip line phone number (a few pagesw back). There has been some substantial posts here! great work! Let's keep it up.

Is anyone willing to go to the locoal hospitals, shelters, churches, etc, and post flyers?

Also thanks to everyone who has contacted the media about this. The more pressure they get to cover it, the more chance they will.

But, to those who clearly don't read the thread (you know who you are), please do so. I know it is long, but it is critical that you do so. Someone motivated out there who is not local to the assault region and can't help in that fashion, please take the time to write up a detailed summary/timeline. It would be of great help...so people don't actually have to go read the whole thing.

To the ICU/ER doctor, thaks for coming on. A few questions:

1) Is there an internet message board for ER/Trauma doc where we can post info regarding thepatient to doctors in the area?

2) Thanks for contacting the local hospitals! I suggest you fax or e-mail the flyer from a few pages back. Maybe it will jog some memories.

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 1:09am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    The flyer is excellent and should be posted around the area there...with our tip line phone number (a few pagesw back). There has been some substantial posts here! great work! Let's keep it up.

Is anyone willing to go to the locoal hospitals, shelters, churches, etc, and post flyers?

I suggest you fax or e-mail the flyer from a few pages back. Maybe it will jog some memories.
    Just so you know, the flyer is not quite ready for prime time. Need to finalize the e-mail and web site addresses then it will be ready to roll. Hope to have it ready tomorrow.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 1:21am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BSDaemon View Post
    Just so you know, the flyer is not quite ready for prime time. Need to finalize the e-mail and web site addresses then it will be ready to roll. Hope to have it ready tomorrow.
    You need to get in touch with Ms. Littleone so you can obtain a clearer image for the flier. You might have already done that, but the one you currently have on there is not a good one for facial recognition.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 3:22am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post

I have compiled an email address list of churches in the area, roughly 100 email address, pastors, ministers, priests, staff and so forth. I sent out an e-mail explaining what is going on here with links.

I also sent out the same email to everyone listed in city government there in Dumfries, VA. Except the police force, since they are seemingly worthless in this matter.

No replies as of yet. The poster could be sent out once it is ready if anyone is interested in my email address list data.
    Last edited by ashtray27; 8/27/2009 3:32am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 5:35am

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tcsenter View Post
    <snip>.
    I worked in mental health as a clinician and trainer for years and I studied memory amongst other things, partly due to the controversy regarding "recovered memories" "satanic abuse / the satanic panic" etc.

Anyone who has worked in the field will know that memory is an extremely controversial issue.

There are a number of things in your post that I would like to respond to and will do so when I have time (not now)

In the meantime, I have been looking at the JTM video again and I think I've identified (as being there not their names) some more people in the dojo

Here you can clearly see a person in black with his / her hands on their lap

more to follow, I'll try now but I'm really pushed for time

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 5:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, this person is stationary for a while but then suddenly moves so if you watch the vid you can see it's a person

This is a person wearing black with a white or pale coloured belt

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 5:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This person is visible moving around, you can see his head for a moment but its' very blurry, a frame or 2 later and you can see his arm and leg

sorry, all I have time for right now but more later