Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 8:55pm

Style: Uechi Ryu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok I have emailed all the VA outlets listed. If you plan to do the same, please note some are web forms, and you definitely need to look in different places for the same thing. If there is interest I can post a list of the ones for which I had actual email addresses tomorrow when I get home from work.

(EDIT - screw it sleep is for the weak ;)

As I said this is VA only and not all, as some are web forms:
    'kurt.williams@wtkr.com'
    mlloyd@ideastations.org
    'newsroom@whsv.com'
    'news@wric.com'
    'amorris@wdbj7.com'
    'jendicot@foxrichmond.com'
    'kathy.hostetter@wavy.com'
    'email@wazt.com'
    'news@wcyb.com'
    'onyourside@nbc12.com'
    'mpreas@wsls.com'
    'bert.schmidt@whro.org'
    'cjennings@blueridgepbs.org'
    'dmullins@wvpt.net'
    Last edited by Craig Jenkins; 8/26/2009 9:05pm at .

Featherweight

Achievements:
    31 days registered

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 9:03pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An EPK (electronic press kit) I put together has gone out to dozens of Martial Arts Instructors and students in VA, MD, and D.C.

Hopefully this will generate some leads on KFG.

Goodnight, folks.

Featherweight

Achievements:

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 9:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Jenkins View Post
    TV stations in VA
    http://newslink.org/VAtele.html

DC TV & Newspapers
    http://www.mondotimes.com/1/world/us/51/474

I'll bite off VA PBS outlets. Is there a best place to point them?
    These are the more relevant TV stations - http://newslink.org/DCtele.html

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 9:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    FTR Dale has an extensive background in both Gong Fu and Okinawan Karate.

JM=KFG, KF=Will J Dennis.

TKD or TSD seems to be best guess at the moment.
    An interesting post countering this observation has been made by. [COLOR=#cccccc]Kumamoto[/COLO"]No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Profile: Kumamoto@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: Kumamoto</title>@@AMEPARAM@@Kumamoto

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation First ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 9:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Novice Sub Grappler

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Regarding the speculation that KFG was wearing a protective cup: littleoldme posted this picture earlier, speculating that the man may have been experiencing erection

At the time, some posters commented that it looked more like a cup, or something in his pants.

At 4:05 of the vid version on page 1 of this thread you will notice KFG adjusting something in his pants.

In light of the large number of groin kicks landed by WJD with little or no discernible effect on KFG, I think the possibility deserves some thought.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 8/26/2009 9:42pm at .

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 9:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: taikwando

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello,

I am an ER/ICU doctor who just joined this forum. I wanted to comment on the hospital/medical angle here. Just from what I saw on the video, his injuries could certainly be fatal. The difficulty breathing you hear at the end of the video could be caused by several different things, either blood in his airway that he's having trouble clearing, or partial paralysis of the phrenic nerve from the neck stomp injury he sustained, leading to poor respiratory effort. Either way, if he came into my ER like that, I'd probably suction him out and possibly intubate him depending on how alert he is. Its an automatic ICU admission in my view.

I dont have any information about the specific hospitals in that area. However, I will say that back in the 1980s it was virtually unheard of for any hospital to have any kind of electronic medical record, so you'd have to go thru the archived paper records, which IMHO are probably destroyed at this point. Even the comprehensive electronic VA hospital record system, VISTA/CPRS doesnt go back that far.

At this point, victim identification is key. Until we can prove that this individual was killed in this vicious assault, the cops probably wont be able to pursue any criminal charges against the idiots reponsible.

I know you guys are already working on the media angle, has the local Dumfries area media taken this up at all? I think they are most likely to break the case in terms of victim identity. Anyways, my thoughts:

1) Try to find old doctors or nurses who worked at at a local hospital back in 1984 and see if they remember this guy--specifically we need ER personnel. I am willing to assist with this. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the area. But if someone can give me the name of any local hospitals that were around back then, I will try to write letters to the head of the ER staff and see if they know the name of an ER doctor that I can contact who was working back then.

2) Get the local news media to broadcast this guy's picture all over the airwaves, and hope that people from 1984 remember him. If he was homeless, he might not have any family contacts in the area, which will make finding his identity that much more difficult.

I am truly saddened by this video, its apparent towards the end that the victim is overwhelmed and panicked, trying to get the beating to stop. I hope we can find out who he is and put a name to his face.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation First ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 9:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Novice Sub Grappler

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by platon20 View Post
    Hello,

I am an ER/ICU doctor who just joined this forum. I wanted to comment on the hospital/medical angle here. Just from what I saw on the video, his injuries could certainly be fatal. The difficulty breathing you hear at the end of the video could be caused by several different things, either blood in his airway that he's having trouble clearing, or partial paralysis of the phrenic nerve from the neck stomp injury he sustained, leading to poor respiratory effort. Either way, if he came into my ER like that, I'd probably suction him out and possibly intubate him depending on how alert he is. Its an automatic ICU admission in my view.

I dont have any information about the specific hospitals in that area. However, I will say that back in the 1980s it was virtually unheard of for any hospital to have any kind of electronic medical record, so you'd have to go thru the archived paper records, which IMHO are probably destroyed at this point. Even the comprehensive electronic VA hospital record system, VISTA/CPRS doesnt go back that far.

At this point, victim identification is key. Until we can prove that this individual was killed in this vicious assault, the cops probably wont be able to pursue any criminal charges against the idiots reponsible.

I know you guys are already working on the media angle, has the local Dumfries area media taken this up at all? I think they are most likely to break the case in terms of victim identity. Anyways, my thoughts:

1) Try to find old doctors or nurses who worked at at a local hospital back in 1984 and see if they remember this guy--specifically we need ER personnel. I am willing to assist with this. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the area. But if someone can give me the name of any local hospitals that were around back then, I will try to write letters to the head of the ER staff and see if they know the name of an ER doctor that I can contact who was working back then.

2) Get the local news media to broadcast this guy's picture all over the airwaves, and hope that people from 1984 remember him. If he was homeless, he might not have any family contacts in the area, which will make finding his identity that much more difficult.

I am truly saddened by this video, its apparent towards the end that the victim is overwhelmed and panicked, trying to get the beating to stop. I hope we can find out who he is and put a name to his face.
    Thank you for your post. Your expertise and opinion is appreciated.
    I am not a medical professional, and your opinion on the matter has its basis in experience and study, but I might ask you to consider one additional aspect of what your are viewing and ask if you might alter your opinion of the cause of the man's abnormal breathing.

As an ER doctor you may not have opportunity to see patients in the moments immediately following loss of conscious from either sharp blow, or from sudden impingement of blood flow to the brain. If you have a moment, please view the following video in its entirety and give your comments. Again, thank you for sharing your expertise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynqdJACYXxw

Featherweight

Achievements:

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 9:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a possible lead on the identity of the person wearing the white belt in the video (he's likely to be one of the two people dragging KFG's body out the door), and his face also appears in a few frames during the fight.

Unfortunately, the personal information of the person I think might be that white belt appears all over the web. I do not want to him to become yet another victim of internet vigilantes, so I will not post any potentially identifying information about him in to this public forum.

I would like to send this information to a moderator, but I since I am a new user, I can't send PM's. Would a willing moderator please contact me?

Thank you.
    Last edited by noosphere; 8/26/2009 10:03pm at .

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 10:10pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone considered questioning Boby Joe Blythe on the event? It'd be interesting to hear his explaination. (sorry if this has already been mentioned, too many posts too little time.)

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 10:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello - I was wondering if anybody here has seen the image of BJB found on page 17 of this thread at AR15.com:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...915208&page=17

I'm not sure what the "other forum" is on which the poster claims to have found it.