Page 89 of 189 FirstFirst ... 39798586878889 9091929399139 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 4:33pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could this man be from Maryland and Not D.C.as a transit?

I'm checking out sources from some Maryland Martial Artist that someone just directed me to. Maybe something brews there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 4:34pm

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, the tie looks like it has a straight edge, so not a 70s kipper tie but more of a cravat or possibly part of some kind of work uniform?

I'm also trying to get some of his unusual moves, but it's difficult as they are blurry

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 4:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing,kung fu, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dume View Post
    Could this man be from Maryland and Not D.C.as a transit?

I'm checking out sources from some Maryland Martial Artist that someone just directed me to. Maybe something brews there.

Could be, Maryland definitley had some areas that were the equivalent of the DC bad areas. I think anyone with access to hospital archives, should check Manassas Hospital's archives for a head injury at the time. Certainly with the extent of the head injury sustained, even if he was arrested they would have taken him to the hospital to get checked out for a concussion or worse. As for the tie, in both DC/rockville maryland area they had huge supplies of clothes for the homeless. It was nothing in the winter to see homeless people walking around or sleeping on the vents wearing suits. He definitley had something on the front and back of his shirt. Little is doing a great job on the pictures BTW

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 4:48pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, a new rule created as a result of bad experience.

1) Do not tell the regular members to do certain investigatory tasks unless you are willing and able to help out with these efforts.

2) Do not tell us to put up reward money for information unless you are willing to pay for this.

3) If you are able to volunteer your time that is fine, as long as you are able to help in a productive manner and without endless speculation.

4) For example if you want a summary on this thread why don't you write one up yourself and post it here?

5) If your post got moved it is sitting in the YMAS thread.

6) arguments you have with others on this thread are probably not important and will most likely be moved.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 4:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing,kung fu, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dume View Post
    If the Tiger tat is real. This man trained in Shotokan Karate-Do some point in his life. And probably a few others karate styles along with kung fu or something. Which is probably why he refered to his demo as a Kata of some sorts. Would of been interesting if they would have let him play his Kata out before attacking him.

I wonder if any Shotokan schools were open in or in areas around Dumfries in '84.
    There was a guy(African American) named Sonny who had anti terrorist training, and drove diplomats around DC in his limo. He was a nice guy, and he was good. That is not him in the video. But he did teach for free at the park in DC on certain days back in the mid 80's. I have no idea what his last name was,but he did train his students with the bo staff as well. He was quite impressive. I went there to spar with him to see if he was the real deal and he hit me with a side kick to the gut that laid me down hard. He helped me up and we never were close associates, but we always acknowledged and respected each other in the clubs etc..A very nice guy, and he was the real deal. His students appeared to be age 12-25 mostly other African Americans, but were some white students etc... He definitley could have taught KFG in one of his free sessions at the park. He was a good man, he taught for free at the park so the low income could learn as well. He told me it was his way of giving back. I do remember Sonny's moved sort of like KFG, except they were more deliberate and strong,he squated real low and kept his chin tucked, and moved like a cat, and his kicks hurt bad and I only took 1 and was dropped trying to get my breath back. I was fast back then, but he was ready for anything I had. His name was Sonny and I have no idea what his last name was etc... but maybe someone here does.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 5:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 5:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As stated in my first post, im new here, but read the entire thread cover to cover. Instead of floundering about wasting space, I'm going to do some things locally and find out who KFG is.

Just got off the phone with Master Barry Brown, an instructor at the Roberts school in Northern VA. He has been teaching since before 1980 in the area, and says that he is 99% sure that KFG "never walked through those doors. I don't recognize the face, and even if I didn't recognize his physical attributes, I would have remembered his mannerisms and the Jesus talk. Regardless of what you believe, the class nor Dojo is the place for it. He was never a student here."

He has agreed to forward all the information I send him out to his contacts in the DC/VA/MD area. I will put together and EPK (electronic press kit) and send it over to him. He says that if KFG trained a 100 mile radius, someone will know him.

Hope it helps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 5:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These are my last photos for tonight

g'night all

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 5:29pm

Style: Observation

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by littleoldme View Post
    These are my last photos for tonight

g'night all
    Not trying to be funny- But IMO, doesnt he resemble Richard Pryor?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 5:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He does indeed look like Richard Pryor

poss my favourite comedian evah

anyway, another news link with a proper bullshido credit

http://www.examiner.com/x-18956-Knoxville-Crime-History-Examiner~y2009m8d26-Video-of-savage-beating-at-a-karate-class-leads-to-investigation-25-years-later

the author is a crime historian so he's been rigorous about his source (props to him)
    Last edited by littleoldme; 8/26/2009 6:18pm at .