Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 3:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing,kung fu, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Hat View Post
    This guy may be onto something about the transients. Dumfries even now is a bit out of the way from DC and lilly-white. I can't imagine a homeless person, especially a black one who behaves erratically, to be allowed to roam around by local law enforcement. A man like that would not be a normal presence in the area even today and probably would have been immediately arrested. It would have been virtually impossible for a homeless person from DC to make it out that far on his own, at the time, driving would have been the only way to get out there from the city.
    By the way, I always have to blurt out "Nobody messes with me" when I pass a TKD school.
    Nobody messes with me either LOL, I know I loved that commercial to. it is so obvious that you are from there. I grew up in Northern Virginia area, and that is what I was saying in my long drawnout drab with no paragraphs, sorry bout that BTW. Back in the 80's Dumphries was still farmland and redneck billy bob types. Anyone who walked the streets would have been questioned by local police, and any of the local country folk there certainly would have been calling the police. No way does KFG have any of the mannerisms of anyone from Dumphries. He was totally out of his element, and IMO he was brought there and set up to present to BB as a demonstration to the school or as a present for earning his BB. You add all that to the fact that there were probably 1000's of John Doe/Jane Doe homeless people who were killed and never identified in he DC area between the mid 70's to late 80's. IMO something smells fishy, and I would not be surprised if KFG never gets identified if this is in fact the case.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 3:39pm

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

more coming soon brb

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 3:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by littleoldme View Post
    more to follow, please let me know what you want
    Thanks, I enhanced one of these as best I could and will put it on the flyer. Keep em coming...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enhanced1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	10468  

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 3:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To those that live near Dumfries.

Maybe you can post that Flier up on telephone polls and some businesses around the African-American Community.

If I were near Dumfries I would have already done, but unfortunantly I am in Houston, Texas :(

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 3:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll just keep em coming and you guys can do the rest

any special requests for anything just let me know and I'll do the best I can

Just an idea, but as online photos show better than printed ones perhaps I should make my pbase photo gallery into a mini website of photos?

I've done this before for things like this as a way of getting info out to people

Alternatively Bullshido could set up its own pbase gallery and we could post stuff on there

just a thought

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 3:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zenman41 View Post
    there were probably 1000's of John Doe/Jane Doe homeless people who were killed and never identified in he DC area between the mid 70's to late 80's. IMO something smells fishy, and I would not be surprised if KFG never gets identified if this is in fact the case.
    Having watched the video and based on your personal/professional experience. Do you think "KFG" walked this "attack" off (based on his injuries) the following day having spent the night in a garbage dumpster?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 3:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 4:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I only just noticed that he's wearing a tie in the last one. Unusual for a homeless person no?

also now I've noticed the tie it looks like a kipper tie from the 70s. hard to get a still of it but I can see it flying around in the movie. It could be some kind of work uniform. not sure
    Last edited by littleoldme; 8/26/2009 4:21pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 4:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 4:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ok, I won't say "crowbar"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by littleoldme View Post
    I downloaded them in high def the quality wasn't great in the 1st place

I really have to go out now but I'll take a look again when I get in

Also you would be surprised with the results that a forensic imaging lab can deliver, so i still think your stills are useful, even if I can't turn up anything better
    I have an original download(as far as I know) of the youtube video, the problem doesn't arise from how many times a digital copy is reproduced. The problem is that it is a digitized copy of a VHS tape and one of poor quality, I might add, that was of lossy compression(flv) in the first place, which means, a lot of data is missing in the compression format used right off the bat. I have been trying to enhance it with some pretty sophisticated software, that I have thousands of $$ in. I have re-encoded it, always with lossless transcode, from the original download, with numerous codecs, in HDV and every other format, including in both interlaced and progressive scans, scales and resolutions and filters. in hopes of achieving what is really the impossible. Now if one had a VHS copy of the ORIGINAL, I could probably make it look at least as good as standard NTSC or better.

I have begun playing with the gamma, gradients, and some other filters. I am pretty positive that I can make the screen shot of his shirt readable with this method and will do that as screen shots. I hadn't noticed the writing on his shirt until you all pointed it out. Good job, and if the other screen shots of faces and such may also be enhanced with this method, although they will not necessarily look like a normal photograph.

I've also been playing with the audio, although I don't have as many $$ sunk into that. If anyone has any plug-ins they'd like to share for this process, by all means, let me know.

If any one has a copy of the vid that's original specs are better than these below, please, by all means, let me know that too. These are the specs from the original vid that I got from youtube. BJB's may have been better, but this is supposed to be exactly the same as the poster said he changed nothing and posted it as soon as BJB took his down.

Video Count : 144 Count of stream of this kind : 1 Kind of stream : Video Kind of stream : Video Stream identifier : 0 Format : AVC Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec Format/Url : http://developers.videolan.org/x264.html Format profile : Main@L1.3 Format settings : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames Format settings, CABAC : Yes Format settings, CABAC : Yes Format settings, ReFrames : 3 Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@1.3 Codec : AVC Codec : AVC Codec/Family : AVC Codec/Info : Advanced Video Codec Codec/Url : http://developers.videolan.org/x264.html Codec profile : Main@L1.3 Codec settings : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames Codec settings, CABAC : Yes Codec_Settings_RefFrames : 3

Bit rate : 244110 Bit rate : 244 Kbps Width : 320 Width : 320 pixels Height : 240 Height : 240 pixels Pixel aspect ratio : 1.000 Display aspect ratio : 1.333 Display aspect ratio : 4/3 Frame rate : 24.000 Frame rate : 24.000 fps Frame count : 9100 Resolution : 24 Resolution : 24 bits Colorimetry : 4:2:0 Scan type : Progressive Scan type : Progressive Interlacement : PPF Interlacement : Progressive Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.132
    Thanks