Page 85 of 188 FirstFirst ... 35758182838485 8687888995135185 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 8:45am

Style: BJJ, JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    does anyone have a first generation screen grab of the original KFG video? there must be archive software that can restore blythe's video from youtube, so we can get a version with better video quality, to read KFG's shirt. my screen grab looks awful.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 8:50am

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ASBELTOMATO View Post
    does anyone have a first generation screen grab of the original KFG video? there must be archive software that can restore blythe's video from youtube, so we can get a version with better video quality, to read KFG's shirt. my screen grab looks awful.
    I downloaded them in high def the quality wasn't great in the 1st place

I really have to go out now but I'll take a look again when I get in

Also you would be surprised with the results that a forensic imaging lab can deliver, so i still think your stills are useful, even if I can't turn up anything better

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 9:02am

Style: BJJ, JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks. if you downloaded them in HD, they are probably better than mine. it would be good to see what you can come up with.

on a different note to forum, didn't blythe at one point mention the PWC Police already looked into the incident? i read a little on a website that the PWC are the main police force, and the Dumfries Police is much smaller, so the PWC Police would be the ones to send information to, not the Dumfries Police.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 9:22am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by noosphere View Post

You mean he claims he was 8. I have yet to see proof that he was 8. Just his claim.
    You are absolutely correct. Based on the evidence I have seen, he might have been 7 at the time. Good work.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 9:31am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Re trying to ID KFG, you might want to contact the Salvation Army in the area,
    SALVATION ARMY, 703-221-2267
    204 POST POINT ROAD, DUMFRIES VA 22026

if the guy was homeless, poor, mentally challenged, they might have encountered him. It would explain the dated clothes. The SA in my small town (3000) works out of a house and will pay for a night for a transient in a local hotel, give him/her clothes, and vouchers for food.

Just a thought, as they would also have an in to the religious community as well.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 10:00am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Folks, there is a ton of speculation here.

OK, it is safe to assume the proper police agencies are involved. BS members have spoken to some of them, the News video states they are involved - federal and local, the virginia new story has suggested they are involved. You do not need to ask "has anyone contacted the authorities?" any longer.

Second, Everything that is know by BS mods/investigators has not been posted. Some of us have kept names, etc off the boards to prevent vigilante type stuff. So, let's simply say that we have a good idea about the wintnesses, who they may be, etc. So everyone please leave Coldfire alone. If he wants to answer you questions, that is great! but let's not bother him any longer.

Regarding searching morges, hosital records, homeless shelters, churches, etc, These are great ideas. It has been stated already that it will be very difficualt to do that, especially on the net. It will take someone going to the local hospitals, etc, and filing requests in person...and waiting. You will not find old records like this on the net.

Our best efforts right now lie in two areas:
    1) Finding the identity of KDG
    2) Finding any evidence of police investigations of the event. FOI Requests are already in place for this. It is time to wait and see unfortunately.

At this point, we have discovered much and it is time to chill a bit and see what happens. You can also be sure that authorities are reading this thread and looking at any facts we find, not that we should not share info we find.

But, right now most of the current discussion is mostly speculation. There have been some great suggestions as to where to look for KFG's identity and there have been some great suggestions, theories. But, we need people to act on these, not just talk about them...and they will need to be locals to the area.

If people really want to get the most of this,
    Someone needs to go to local hospitals and fill out record requests
    Someone needs to go to shelters and churches and show KFG pictures to jog memories
    Someone will need to go to local libraries and start digging through archives

Even today, the net will only get you do far. We need feet on the ground most now.

This is not to say that you should not discuss, but I strongly suggest everyone take the time to read the entire thread. I know it is long. I keep doing it over again as well. But, there have been MANY repeat posts, with repeat links, theories, videos, etc. This will make reading the thread more difficult.

For my money, this thread is at a point where it should quiet down while we await the results of what is currently being worked on.

If anyone is motivated and really want's to contribute here, They can take the time to start at the beginning of this thread and create a timeline/summary of the fact discovered. Not theories or pontifications. Simply facts that we know so far. This would be a great contribution.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 10:45am

Style: Uechi Ryu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJB's hometown website has removed his Crawfish videos. Google cache shows they were there before:
    http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 11:02am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    Read the thread. It has been discussed. Her husband is Charles jett. Current stafford county sheriff. He was a deputy back then. It is not know if he himself was a student.
    Actually, unless I missed something, the earlier suggestion that CE Jett, the sheriff, was married to Connie Jett was just that: a suggestion, unconfirmed. At that time, I did an intellius "hit" search and found CE Jett, but no "Connie" or "Constance" Jett was listed in his brief relative summary on the "hits" search page. Weehawk may be giving a fairly ironclad confirmation of the link between CE Jett and Connie Jett, which would give a strong link between CE Jett and BJB's school, i.e. confirming the Today Show reporting and suggesting CE Jett -- an active Stafford Co sheriff -- may have been a player in the school during the time period in question. Last I noticed, the link between CE and any Connie Jett was not solidly confirmed.

WEEHAWK - Is that from Intelius, the link between Charles Jett and Connie Jett, and if so is it Charles E Jett? You used the word "probably," which seems to suggest interpretation on your part?
    Last edited by kiai69; 8/26/2009 11:24am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 11:04am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the WA Post article linked by littleoldme:

"Dumfries Town Manager Dave Whitlow ordered [Dumfries police chief Calvin] Johnson to write the letter of apology this week. Whitlow was on vacation when the men were evicted from a wooded area adjacent to Route 1, where a couple of them had lived for more than a year. This was not the way the town wanted to be known, not the way it wanted to act, Whitlow said."

Dave Whitlow would seem to be the man to approach about either pressuring the Dumfries PD to stay on top of this and/or to encourage to look into this in terms of protecting the Dumfries town reputation, nationally.

(To answer a question from earlier about chain of command, potential other persons to contact.)
    Last edited by kiai69; 8/26/2009 11:25am at .

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 12:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tien Shen Pi Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiai69 View Post
    Because there is real info in this post, and I know others will find it as difficult to read the format as I did:

"I know I am a noob, but I have followed this entire thread. I am from the Northern Virginia area originally. The main martial arts school that was actually locally advertised was Jhoon Rhee's Taekwondo at that time. They had a commercial for it with his kids saying"nobody bothers me, and then another little kid saying "nobody bothers me either. I think they were actually Jhoon Rhee's kids, but do not quote me on that. Anyway Jhoon Rhee has a studio in Manassas Virginia, I know this cause I boxed, and they actually held local boxing matches in his dojo. That is how huge Jhoon Rhee's studio was, that thing BJB had was a piece of crap, I am telling you this from the point of view of my friends who were in the art at that time. I was into boxing, and honestly I could KO any of my friends in Jhoon Rhee's school, and I would let them use there legs. If you saw Jhoon's school in comparison to BJB's junk you would immediately note that BJB's school was a joke. IMO this is why he started a bodyguard service etc.. No way to compete with the best. The local martial artists at that time did think his school was a joke. Is it a possibility that KFG actually trained at Jhoon's school at one time or another? Also Lorton Prison is right beside that area, could BJB have also instructed the prison guards in defense. I know they got there training from a martial arts studio and it was not Jhoon Rhee's. Since I did my boxing at a gym in the DC area, I can tell you for a fact there were alot of wierdos in DC that were off there rocker, Alot of homeless people, alot of violence etc...It is definitely a possibility that he could have regularly brought these transients to his studio as a test for his new so called black belts. Not unlike the movie surviving the game. Since I grew up there at that time, I can tell you it would be no problem for him and his cronies to pick up a transient kookoo so to speak and do away with them without so much as a word being said or any evidence as to who they were ever being left. That is a sad fact about DC at that time. I will say this though, I would have been 16 at the time this happened. I watched the fight and the first thing I will note is both guys stick there chins out pretty wide, I would have easily been able to hurt and KO either guy with my boxing skill alone. I have since taken Kung Fu , and enjoy BJJ now and still work my speed bag and heavy bag regularly at 41:-) Now I am not trying to toot my own horn, but no way were either of these guys black belts, and IMO KFG with his half crane, half mantis looking stuff mixed with gibberish certainly looked alot more elegant and smooth in his motions, but his kicks looked weak. KFG holds his chin up high you can easily counter that with a right cross, set up by body shot and right hook or overhand, his chin is standing out waiting to be clocked, and Mr BB can't see this? Mr BB sticks his chin up when he throws and leaves himself not only off balance but completley open for any counter you decide to throw. Mr BB telegraphs every single shot he throws, you can read his movements a mile away, and he is open for a counter every single time. Basically what I am saying is when I was 16 and now of course I would have KOed either guy pretty easily and handily, I do have power, and can take a punch, and when I was younger I was really fast, much faster than either of these guys, and a helluva lot more accurate. I think Bobby Joe Blythe had his own little fight club, Good Ole Boy BS and tried to pretend he was some sort of great martial artist. All my friends in the Prince William County area who did martial arts considered him a joke. Jhoon Rhee on the other hand was world wide recognized, and had come to our Boxing gym before and was highly respected. I lived in that area from birth in 68 till the late 80's early 90's. I am a life long huge fight fan and practioner, trust me Bobby Joe Blythe's dojo was considered a joke to serious martial artists that I knew. In fact they described his dojo as junk, Now I do not know if this helps, but it is the point of view of someone who is honorable from that area, who was certainly involved with fighting sports, and had friends with the same interests. I honestly think that dude may have been a transient from the DC area, because those wierd type of guys were everywhere there, not in Dumphries. I went to Dumphries to hunt every year, wasn't jack there really. No real homeless situation at all there that I noticed. Was a hick town for crying out loud, that was not far from a huge city. I think there is alot more to KFG being a regular DC transient that may just be almost impossible to ever identify unfortunatley. If this is true that sick bastard BJB is alot sicker than we thought. Wierd purse snatching freaks did not go into Dumpries in 1984 and not get arrested ASAP. This is a fact I am from that general area. There is bar not far at all from there called hillbilly heaven, I mean honesly does this guy look like someone who would be in an area that stupid. He looks like a DC transient, and this comes from someone who ran in that whole area of Fairfax,Arlington,Alexandria,Vienna, Manassas, etc... I was born a Northern Va. rat. IMO no way that guy is from Dumphries."
    This guy may be onto something about the transients. Dumfries even now is a bit out of the way from DC and lilly-white. I can't imagine a homeless person, especially a black one who behaves erratically, to be allowed to roam around by local law enforcement. A man like that would not be a normal presence in the area even today and probably would have been immediately arrested. It would have been virtually impossible for a homeless person from DC to make it out that far on his own, at the time, driving would have been the only way to get out there from the city.
    By the way, I always have to blurt out "Nobody messes with me" when I pass a TKD school.