Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 12:14am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

hiliter pen version

Because there is real info in this post, and I know others will find it as difficult to read the format as I did:

"I know I am a noob, but I have followed this entire thread. I am from the Northern Virginia area originally. The main martial arts school that was actually locally advertised was Jhoon Rhee's Taekwondo at that time. They had a commercial for it with his kids saying"nobody bothers me, and then another little kid saying "nobody bothers me either. I think they were actually Jhoon Rhee's kids, but do not quote me on that. Anyway Jhoon Rhee has a studio in Manassas Virginia, I know this cause I boxed, and they actually held local boxing matches in his dojo. That is how huge Jhoon Rhee's studio was, that thing BJB had was a piece of crap, I am telling you this from the point of view of my friends who were in the art at that time. I was into boxing, and honestly I could KO any of my friends in Jhoon Rhee's school, and I would let them use there legs. If you saw Jhoon's school in comparison to BJB's junk you would immediatley note that BJB's school was a joke. IMO this is why he started a bodyguard service etc.. No way to compete with the best. The local martial artists at that time did think his school was a joke. Is it a possibility that KFG actually trained at Jhoon's school at one time or another? Also Lorton Prison is right beside that area, could BJB have also instructed the prison guards in defense. I know they got there training from a martial arts studio and it was not Jhoon Rhee's. Since I did my boxing at a gym in the DC area, I can tell you for a fact there were alot of wierdos in DC that were off there rocker, Alot of homeless people, alot of violence etc...It is definitley a possibility that he could have regularly brought these transients to his studio as a test for his new so called black belts. Not unlike the movie surviving the game. Since I grew up there at that time, I can tell you it would be no problem for him and his cronies to pick up a transient kookoo so to speak and do away with them without so much as a word being said or any evidence as to who they were ever being left. That is a sad fact about DC at that time. I will say this though, I would have been 16 at the time this happened. I watched the fight and the first thing I will note is both guys stick there chins out pretty wide, I would have easily been able to hurt and KO either guy with my boxing skill alone. I have since taken Kung Fu , and enjoy BJJ now and still work my speed bag and heavy bag regularly at 41:-) Now I am not trying to toot my own horn, but no way were either of these guys black belts, and IMO KFG with his half crane, half mantis looking stuff mixed with gibberish certainly looked alot more elegant and smooth in his motions, but his kicks looked weak. KFG holds his chin up high you can easily counter that with a right cross, set up by body shot and right hook or overhand, his chin is standing out waiting to be clocked, and Mr BB can't see this? Mr BB sticks his chin up when he throws and leaves himself not only off balance but completley open for any counter you decide to throw. Mr BB telegraphs every single shot he throws, you can read his movements a mile away, and he is open for a counter every single time. Basically what I am saying is when I was 16 and now of course I would have KOed either guy pretty easily and handily, I do have power, and can take a punch, and when I was younger I was really fast, much faster than either of these guys, and a helluva lot more accurate. I think Bobby Joe Blythe had his own little fight club, Good Ole Boy BS and tried to pretend he was some sort of great martial artist. All my friends in the Prince William County area who did martial arts considered him a joke. Jhoon Rhee on the other hand was world wide recognized, and had come to our Boxing gym before and was highly respected. I lived in that area from birth in 68 till the late 80's early 90's. I am a life long huge fight fan and practioner, trust me Bobby Joe Blythe's dojo was considered a joke to serious martial artists that I knew. In fact they described his dojo as junk, Now I do not know if this helps, but it is the point of view of someone who is honorable from that area, who was certainly involved with fighting sports, and had friends with the same interests. I honestly think that dude may have been a transient from the DC area, because those wierd type of guys were everywhere there, not in Dumphries. I went to Dumphries to hunt every year, wasn't jack there really. No real homeless situation at all there that I noticed. Was a hick town for crying out loud, that was not far from a huge city. I think there is alot more to KFG being a regular DC transient that may just be almost impossible to ever identify unfortunatley. If this is true that sick bastard BJB is alot sicker than we thought. Wierd purse snatching freaks did not go into Dumpries in 1984 and not get arrested ASAP. This is a fact I am from that general area. There is bar not far at all from there called hillbilly heaven, I mean honesly does this guy look like someone who would be in an area that stupid. He looks like a DC transient, and this comes from someone who ran in that whole area of Fairfax,Arlington,Alexandria,Vienna, Manassas, etc... I was born a Northern Va. rat. IMO no way that guy is from Dumphries."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 12:16am

Style: Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone contacted the city govt. of Dumphries? They might be some help if for no other reason then no one wants something like this associated with their hometown. The current mayor, city council, or city official might be able to help. Someone in the city govt. must have been living in Dumpries in 1984.

Has anyone had any luck trying to contact the physicians that were around during the assault?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 12:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Zenman.

COLDFIRE$ - did cops from the (reportedly 10-patrolman) Dumfries PD train at BJB's gym, to your knowledge?

I ask you that because, despite that I think you will not answer, you seem to actually believe you care about social justice. It just is at odds with your personal affiliations at the moment.

Do you not find it strange that, while acknowledging some event did occur at the dojo, and that "many" officers still in practice remember it, but that no paperwork exists (in his story), that instead of expressing interest in investigating the case, the Captain (named Mackey) seems most interested in deflecting interest away from the case?

What is more important, Coldfire$? Truth and justice being served, or that they serve the people close to you, first, and above all others?

You give lip service to the former, but your responses -- especially the kneejerk ones -- tend to show that your emotions are with the latter.

Sorry: calling it like I see it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 12:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "COLDFIRE$ - did cops from the (reportedly 10-patrolman) Dumfries PD train at BJB's gym, to your knowledge?"

The answer to this question is the crucial thing. The rest is just my personal remark to Coldfire$. I don't expect the basic point to have any particular effect. Sometimes we just say things because they need saying, and no one has said them or likely will.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 12:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bushido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiai69 View Post
    Thanks Zenman.

COLDFIRE$ - did cops from the (reportedly 10-patrolman) Dumfries PD train at BJB's gym, to your knowledge?

I ask you that because, despite that I think you will not answer, you seem to actually believe you care about social justice. It just is at odds with your personal affiliations at the moment.

Do you not find it strange that, while acknowledging some event did occur at the dojo, and that "many" officers still in practice remember it, but that no paperwork exists (in his story), that instead of expressing interest in investigating the case, the Captain (named Mackey) seems most interested in deflecting interest away from the case?

What is more important, Coldfire$? Truth and justice being served, or that they serve the people close to you, first, and above all others?
    Let me stop you now by stating this, I am not in the slightest bit concerned with what you would call social justice. My concern is peoples' private lives that yall seem to be so concerned with. If you read through my post i stated this over and over again. To go after a person is one thing and i dont object to that, but when you carelessly include the lives of the innocent who's only connection is that the know the person then you are stepping way outside the scope of the very thing you are after.

As far as me remembering people from back then, if you can name every person from your 3rd grade class and tell me what they are doing now then i will gladly tell you everyone i knew from the dojo.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 12:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing,kung fu, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    use paragraghs dude. Can't read this without going blind

Sorry Sambo, I honestly didn't mean to go that long, got carried away, but I will stake my life that the KFG in the video is not from Dumphries. Anyone who went to dumphries either farmed, hunted, or was into country bars and square dancing back then. I was only into hunting which I did 2 or 3 times a year at my friend Mac's, he had easily 20+ acres of nothing but woods which was adjacent to 100's of more acres of woods. The people in Dumphries all had a country twang no matter what the race. That guy was either from Arlington/Alexandria or more than likeley the huge, and i mean HUGE homeless area of Washington DC. Trust me man, people could disappear easily without ever being remembered or ever known about. It was that bad back then.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 12:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coldfire$, I don't think we care whether you know what they are doing now. I think we care if you know what they were doing then.

I can name just about everybody from my 3rd grade class, first and last, and I'm older than you are, and have had more time to forget.

There is a list of names on this page, of current Dumfries police:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...88535&page=101

I think you know that if any of those names are directly connected with BJB's school in 1984 or in that time period, it's a problem.

If you don't care about social justice, I suppose that would explain quite a lot. I believe you, fwiw, on that count. It would also explain why you think that questions of right action versus wrong action are not really philosophical but based on some kind of pain/pleasure model.

You don't know that any of the people on that list of cops is "innocent." Nobody knows at this point if they are guilty, either. I think you are presuming a lapse of judgment on the part of people here who are more intelligent than you care to notice, and I think this smacks of denial on your part -- a kind of pathological denial that prevents you from even being self-aware of it.

Again: sorry: this is how it all looks, smells, and...well...to adapt to your thinking, feels.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 1:03am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bushido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Since Mackey echoes the BJB/WJD/intimates version of the story (that KFG was put in the dumpster), either your guy is mistaken or there is a conspiracy involving the police department, or at a minimum Captain Mackey.

Else, how could Mackey possibly claim the same thing as BJB, and at the same time claim that "many" state the same?

One or the other, by all reasonable measure, must be true: your informant is correct OR there is a conspiracy.

I suppose that could potentially make your guy, in a way, the smoking gun if there is a police conspiracy."

This is the post i was refering too. I wasnt trying to protect myself. Yall are about to drag a police chief into this.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 1:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing,kung fu, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    No worries. A for content. D for presentation ;)

Yeah, from what I read in the papers from back then, there was some pretty crazy stuff going on.
    I think what was happening was the DC homeless were spreading there ranks down to Manassas, but manassas at that time was turning into what Fairfax had become. I mean they called Fairfax county where I grew up Kamp Washington. The city was huge and getting huger by the minute, if you lived there, you were a huge Redskin fan and more or less knew DC as well as your own streets, goto Alexandria or Arlington and it was almost like being in DC, the way the streets are lined up etc... But when you went to Woodbridge at that time, it had not yet built up, I think now it has, and it started with Dale City. When you got to Dumphries you were in what we called a hick town, was alot of farming, hillbilly country fellas wearing coveralls, a real culture shock if you just lived 10-20 miles away in the city. I mean there was nothing there literally for a city boy to do, much less a low life street hustler. No way I would have crossed the cops there, they might take you to the jail beat you down or worse. My best friend to this day is a guy named Lincoln, now down here in Florida he will go hunting and fishing with me, but he would never goto Dumphries with me back then. He was afraid of the racism there. That was what city people thought of that area seriously.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 1:08am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdFire$ View Post
    "Since Mackey echoes the BJB/WJD/intimates version of the story (that KFG was put in the dumpster), either your guy is mistaken or there is a conspiracy involving the police department, or at a minimum Captain Mackey.

Else, how could Mackey possibly claim the same thing as BJB, and at the same time claim that "many" state the same?

One or the other, by all reasonable measure, must be true: your informant is correct OR there is a conspiracy.

I suppose that could potentially make your guy, in a way, the smoking gun if there is a police conspiracy."

This is the post i was refering too. I wasnt trying to protect myself. Yall are about to drag a police chief into this.
    So, people can't discuss his PUBLIC statement?