Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/23/2009 3:39pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    Ah yes, I missed that. But was'nt it the stafford county sherrif's wife who was training with blythe? Do we have her name?

Maybe I missed where we were actively working with them. PM me any details I should know please...

I can go back and search if you don't know where it was posted...
    Ok, I re-watched the Today show video. It was Connie (sp?) Jett who is a student of Blythe's. The video states that at the time she was married to a county sherrif. The current Stafford county Sheriff is Charles E. Jett. The sheriff at the time of the incident was R.L. Ashby. Jett was elected Sheriff in 1999. He began his law enforcement career when he joined the Stafford Sheriff’s Office at the age of 19. During his tenure he served in various positions from Field Operations to Criminal Investigations. In 1991 he was promoted to Captain in Charge of Field Operations where he served until 1999 when he was elected Sheriff.

Connie Jett from the Today Show vid:
    Last edited by sambosteve; 8/23/2009 3:50pm at .

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/23/2009 3:59pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by u1ysses View Post
    Damnatio Memoriae != ban

I'm sure you'll get banned shortly, dude. It's good to have goals in life and all, but try and exercise enough self control to stop posting in the mean time.

Steve: I'm pretty sure coldfire said his wife didn't actually know who was filming and instead was trying to mock us for our lack of knowledge. If the cameraman gets id'd, I think it would have to be through WW's anon source. We're unlikely to guess successfully by compiling a list of every female student we can determine studied with Blythe.
    I was not necessarily trying to identify the camera person, but compiling suspects is a good thing in any event.

I was just concretizing a connection between Blythe and Local police. I have been searching old newspapers all morning and while doing so keep making little connections here and there. Furthermore, being that the husband of a possible witness is now the County Sheriff, an elected official, that could be important info.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/23/2009 4:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, the current Stafford County sheriff is Charles E Jett.
    Since a Ms. Jett was one of Blythe's students I would say there is a possibility that Charles E Jett was already working for the police in that town 25 years ago. WW said that he heard the police back in 1984 had the tape gotten for their investigation from an anonymous source. Several times was mentioned that nobody was charged because KFG was convinced not to press charges. In an assault like this I think it should not be only a civil case.

Let's assume the theory that some kind of cover up happened is true. Possible camerawomen maybe a relative of a cop. General very close relationship between the police and the Dojo. If the sheriff from today was already a cop in 1984, and a former colleague was involved in the possible false handling of the investigation of 1984, then I doubt that he has any interest in starting an investigation today. Because of the possible discovery of some kind of corruption of a former buddy. All this is hypothetical and if it was handled wrong in 1984. I also do not know how a civil case becomes a criminal case and who informs who, but I would not expect much support from the police in that town if they have a secret. They will not start a new investigation then.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2009 4:03pm

Style: Judo, BJJ, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was not necessarily trying to identify the camera person, but compiling suspects is a good thing in any event.

I was just concretizing a connection between Blythe and Local police. I have been searching old newspapers all morning and while doing so keep making little connections here and there. Furthermore, being that the husband of a possible witness is now the County Sheriff, an elected official, that could be important info.
    That's definitely true, and I agree. I was just trying to steer people away from speculating further on the cameraman bit, since we have a more complete context for those comments, and that angle no longer seems to have merit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2009 4:59pm

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just found out something that may or may not be relevant

Dec 18th 1984 was a very bad day for the Virginia State Police

They lost an officer to a shooting on that day

http://www.odmp.org/officer/1849-ser...es-leroy-biggs

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=4200,2072406

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=4697,5093809

Not sure how local law enforcement agencies work and where their geographical boundaries are so I'm not sure how relevant this is, just thought I'd share, just in case it is relevant

mods please feel free to move if this is considered too speculative / irrelevant

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2009 5:30pm

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfuse View Post
    Right since that is out of the way. I do have one question... in terms of trying to find out the women of the class or even who was behind the camera has LittleoldMe's ID's on the two other men "John" respectively or the other karate teacher become fruitful at all?! This was an improtant find brought up earlier from Littleoldme which doesn't seem to have brought any new information or hasn't seemed to.
    It's impossible to know what has happened since. I forwarded information on the 2 male black belts to admin and they will have passed this info on to the investigating authorities.

From experience here in the UK (and I assume it's the same in the US) you can pass information to the cops but you cannot expect for them to pass information to you. Unless you are a senior cop. ;)

As for the ID of the woman / women present; it could have been a student of Blythe, but could possibly have been a student of one of the other senseis present. All we know at this point is that there was at least one woman in the room and that she was concerned about the welfare of the television.

Posted On:
    8/23/2009 7:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: American BJJ - self defen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwrzSnn View Post
    Interesting how some people will try to make even black-on-black crime a racial issue. Talk about grasping for straws...
    There are other facets of the event in which race may play a factor even beyond the potential of race affecting Blythe's power-hungry mindset; the police disregarding the crime because of the victim's race, Dennis wanting to cover up the crime for fear of being harshly prosecuted as a result of race, any controversy related to an interracial collaboration, etc., etc. These ideas are ENTIRELY baseless, but I am conveying the importance of ruling nothing out.

Posted On:
    8/23/2009 8:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I contacted Robert Zingg, who would be known by those of you who have read the Bullshido thread. He was a nice guy and quick to reply.

Me: ...if you were Robert Zingg who trained under Bobby Joe Blythe. If so, I was curious as to what you think about that recent video of him overseeing the brutalizing of a mentally disabled man, and making flip remarks about the blood trail as they dragged him out of the dojo after he took some face stomps against a concrete post while unconscious.

Robert Zingg: I understand your anger over the video, however I had already left
    the school several months prior to start my own school and do my own
    thing.

This incident has caused a fire storm of righteous indignation in
    people who want to see justice and have people pay. Although I
    studied under Mr. Blythe over 25 years ago, I have gone on to train
    with other instructors and represent other organizations and do not
    condone what the video stands for.

Your concerns are well taken but I follow a different path than Mr. Blythe.

Please refer to the thread at Bullshido.net as they have the most
    credible information to date. Please take the time to read the
    entire thread, as it may answer your questions.

thank you for your time and take care.

Rob Zingg

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/23/2009 11:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAhmed46 View Post
    I doubt you'll get a response.

Anybody send Bullshido links to the media?

Though it's possible for them to ignore them, the information in here could be valuable for the media or police.
    the potomac news is working on this story i was in contact with a friend of mines friend who is an assistant editor there and i recieved confirmation that they've recieved this threads link many many many times and they are working on this basically 24/7

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/23/2009 11:40pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    Okay, for the last time, unless you have a specific code section and can provide it to us, please stop discussing the SOL. I have yet to read anything anyone has written that is definitive.

I am not going to spend my valuable time perusing the Virgina codes. I've already provided enough information for this investigation. Unless you are a lawyer, or a paralegal from Virginia, please refrain from posting your lay opinions without proper authority.

I know people have referenced lawyer websites and secondary sources. Please provide the CODE SECTION.
    Yes, I am an attorney, but it is called Google:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...e5f905b5e4329b

Are you able to use Google? Are you able to read this thread? Are you able to read my previous posts? As I already stated, seven states in the United States do not have a statute of limitation on felonies, Virginia is one of them. That is why I linked the appliciable statutes. It is not hard to find out your own. It does not require a Lexis/Nexis or Westlaw account. Since you are unable to use Google yourself, I will provide you a link:

http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&q=c...en&gl=us&pli=1

I agree with the regulars in this forum. This thread should be for investigative purposes. If you are unwilling to read the entire thread, or unable to do so due to mental deficiency, please refrain from cluttering this thread with crap.