Page 55 of 187 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455 5657585965105155 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/21/2009 11:58pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    If Mr Blythe regretted what happened, we might not be having this conversation.
    While I may not have pertinent information directly relating to this video, I would like to provide you with some info that might help speed your recovery of the name of the victim of this atrocious video.

First off, being a former Marine who has seen the video and read every page in the thread over the past few days, I am disgusted by the lack of self restraint and self discipline by the supposed sergeant of Marines and those Marines others here have identified in the video. As a former member of the public affairs office at Quantico, albeit less than a decade after the video was recorded, there are some things that I feel might help bring these people to some sort of justice, if that justice is so due.

The Potomac News (and Journal) is a strong paper with investigative prowess and overwhelming coverage of the Prince William County area and that has had direct link to Marine Corps Base Quantico, being that it (at least used to) print the Quantico Sentry.

I was a freelance stringer for the Potomac News in the mid 90s, but my contacts there have probably run dry. I would suggest that someone intimately involved in the investigative nature of this thread (i.e. not a dilettante newbie with a vigilante axe to grind) contact the paper for any sort of information they might have on an incident that occurred during that time period. The paper might choose to pursue the case themselves, and being that it has a vast array of contacts in the area, it might be able to put this whole thing to rest, and if warranted, bring the responsible parties to justice.

In the early 90s, I vaguely remember a dojo up the strip mall from the pizza place in the Dumfries plaza. I lived about two miles from that strip mall in the Fox Run apartment complex, and I used to go there frequently, despite the fact that some bad characters were running around. Oddly, they didn't mess with guys with high-and-tight haircuts.

Being that this is a potential nightmare for the public affairs office at Quantico, I would also suggest that the person who calls the Potomac News also call the PAO office as well as the staff judge advocate's office aboard the base. I am sure they are both well aware of this situation, but ya never know. I have seen a Marine who deserved two purple hearts 25 years after he was evaced out of Hue City get his due at the front gate of the base next to the Iwo memorial. I would only assume that the Marine Corps might re-evaluate the conditions of Mr. Dennis' discharge, especially if he retired from the Corps.

As far as his son goes, I know it has been said, but please take it easy on him. He was eight years old at the time. He was not responsible for his father's actions, he could not have prevented the situation, nor can he recall it exactly. This is the same reason that prosecuting attorneys rarely call children to testify against their parents. A father could take his son out for ice cream and stop off to thrash a homeless person, then swing by to pick up a tasty ice cream cone for the child. Even though the child has witnessed the crime, through mental coercion on the ride back, the child is likely to remember only the ice cream cone and that his father may have even helped the homeless--25 days later, much less 25 years later.

I don't mean to stir the soup from the point of view of a newbie, especially considering your strong work in uncovering the identities of those involved. Rather, I hope this helps bring this thing to a conclusion. This country was formed on basic premises, and a primary premise was that those who are accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. As much as I despise what I saw to the deepest core of my being, I must trust in the law of the land I fought to protect.

That is all,
    mike (newbeeeeeeee)

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 12:08am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Flynylon,

Thanks so much for the info and comments! A model first post for all you other noobs!

In any event, if you have any contacts at the JAG office, PAO, or Potomac news, you can e-mail me here: americansamboassociation@att.net

I have a student who is a JAG lawyer here in NY and may be able to help me out with contacting/communicating with them. He is aware of this story and is willing to help if he can.

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 12:21am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    Flynylon,

Thanks so much for the info and comments! A model first post for all you other noobs!

In any event, if you have any contacts at the JAG office, PAO, or Potomac news, you can e-mail me here: americansamboassociation@att.net

I have a student who is a JAG lawyer here in NY and may be able to help me out with contacting/communicating with them. He is aware of this story and is willing to help if he can.
    Thank you. I just want to help, but unfortunately, I don't recognize a single name on the Potomac News http://www2.insidenova.com/isn/onlin...tion/contacts/ web page. That's sad because I had a lot of fun stringing for that rag and listening on po-po scanner for crimes in progress.

As for the SJAG and PAO offices, they rotate duty stations so often, I can't keep up. The guy at Quantico I used to go to three years ago for the Commandant's Message on the MC birthday for our office has even moved on.

I really wish you guys luck in this thing. I will be watching, and if I can help in any way, I will.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 12:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's give Coldfire a break. He was an 8 year old boy at the time...what do you expect from him? He is not justifying his dad's behavior...just telling his side of the story and getting pissed at what this has brought to his family. Would'nt you be upset, angry, shocked, embarrassed if this was your father in question? His story may or may not be entirely factual, it may be clouded by shifting memories, perceptions, or stories/pressures from his dad over the last 25 years.

Holes in his story have been pointed out multiple times here. we have all heard it already. Let's focus on concrete facts not the memory of a kid who is in the situation of seeing his dad go down in front of the world. He came and spoke his mind, knowing he would get chewed up. Give him some props and let him alone. He had nothing to do with the assault. He has helped, regardless of the facts of his story.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 12:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by flynylon View Post
    Thank you. I just want to help, but unfortunately, I don't recognize a single name on the Potomac News http://www2.insidenova.com/isn/onlin...tion/contacts/ web page. That's sad because I had a lot of fun stringing for that rag and listening on po-po scanner for crimes in progress.

As for the SJAG and PAO offices, they rotate duty stations so often, I can't keep up. The guy at Quantico I used to go to three years ago for the Commandant's Message on the MC birthday for our office has even moved on.

I really wish you guys luck in this thing. I will be watching, and if I can help in any way, I will.
    I will check with my student. He can most likely get the current contacts at JAG/PAO there.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 1:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ManhandlingSulu View Post
    Sorry, I didn't know there was an informal section for this topic and that you guys wanted to keep this thread for factual info to help with investigation. Keep up the good work people, some people on other forums give alot of credit to the users on bullshido for putting alot of ground work into bringing these criminals to justice. Kudos!
    Thanks. Sorry you did not know about the other thread. You can see what we have to put up with. The thread is being stormed by every tom, dick, and harry with an opinion.

I am off to bed. The mods will be busy culling the thread again tomorrow...instead of working on the investigation.

Please everyone DO NOT POST OPINIONS OR THANKS HERE! As much as we appreciate the kudos, keep clear of this thread unless you can seriously contribute something.

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 4:06am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdFire$ View Post
    This i can agree completely with and as a matter of fact was about to point these items out. The whole anger thing from the start was from the disruption of his class that was in session at the time, me being told to move before i get hurt, and to set the record streight i didnt try to get in the guys way, anyone knows that any karate session is set up with the students in neatly aligned rows. I just happened to be in the way when the guy was walking to the front. The reason blythe's article didnt mention this is probably because he didnt see it happen. He was in the office because he was not teaching. Once he did come out of the office he sent the junior students away and asked only the black belts to remain. The fight started pretty much as a "im gonna teach you a lesson bout comming in here running your mouth" type thing but changed dramatically when my dad got knocked down. Then it became a pride issue because he was knocked to the floor in front of the vary people he instructed. Pride took over and everything else was out the window. And as i said many times im not trying to defend his actions but giving you all a different perspective on the events. Yes it was overkill by far.

He sent away the junior ranks and kids, but the guys from the auto place got to watch, strange.

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 5:09am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?S=10973483

This article shows that police are now looking into it.

So happy right now

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 6:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by robot16 View Post
    http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?S=10973483

This article shows that police are now looking into it.

So happy right now
    Nice!

Caught on Tape: Karate Student Brutally Attacks Mentally Challenged Man

By Norma Yuriar
    Hanford, Calif. (KMPH News) - A shocking and disturbing video that is now making its way across the internet has captured the attention of the Hanford Police Department.
    The six minute video shows a karate instructor ordering a student to beat and possibly kill a mentally challenged man.
    "It is such a disturbing video and whether it's real or not that still needs to be confirmed," said Hanford Police Chief Carlos Mestas.
    Chief Mestas says his department is assisting in the investigation of a possible crime committed 25 years ago in the state of Virginia.
    "This was a very disturbing beast type of beating," said Mestas.
    The footage was supposedly taken on December 13, 1984 at a karate dojo reportedly owned by Sgt. Bobby Joe Blythe who may now be living in Hanford.
    "1984, that's 25 years ago, so this guy, the owner of the Dojo was 38 or 39 years old. We think that he was possibly in the military at the time hence Quantico Virginia," said Mestas.
    Blythe has not been named a suspect. Attempts by KMPH News to speak with him at his home in Hanford have gone unanswered.
    Mestas says he is working with local, state, federal and military investigators on the case. The video known on the internet as the "Jesus taught me" clip captures the fight between a black-belt karate student and a mentally challenged man.
    Investigators say although Blythe is not seen personally hurting the victim in the video, he could still face legal troubles.
    "He didn't do anything about it and he had control of it since that was one of his students. You could almost say he was the one that directed it," said Mestas.
    The victim in this case can be heard saying he does not want to fight, just to demonstrate some skilled moves that "Jesus taught him". Despite his plea, the beating continues.
    "Having seen his head get stomped as many times as he did, I would be surprised that he survived it or did not have at least major brain damage," said Mestas.
    What's more upsetting is no one present in the video tries to help the bloodied man. He is immediately dragged out the back door like it's no big deal.
    Investigators say there are still many unanswered questions including confirmation of the identities of everyone involved.
    Chief Mestas says if the video is authentic it could help convict everyone involved of a crime.
    "Yes, it's a cold case, there is a lot of work that needs to be done by other agencies," said Chief Mestas. "They will probably have to look for missing person cases, 25 years back, who knows? Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this."
    Hanford Police is not disclosing the names of the local, state and federal agencies involved because Mestas says it could jeopardize the investigation.

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 7:42am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A small question for some of you law enforcement or legal types out there, if Kung Fu guy was lifted at the mall for trying to dip purses, how could it be that he was arrested on warrants only later on after the dojo incident. (A in the account of coldfire$), I know he is only going on what was recounted to him).