1. #481

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdFire$ View Post
    The ones that saw the video when people started sendint it to family members. Before you start asking stupid questions go actually read what i wrote and then come back with questions that i havnt already answered.
    we're trying to find the address of the school and the name of the victim

    do you have any information or can you get us in contact with sombody who might be able to provide us with that information?

  2. #482

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    342
    Style
    Muay Thai MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdFire$ View Post
    The ones that saw the video when people started sendint it to family members. Before you start asking stupid questions go actually read what i wrote and then come back with questions that i havnt already answered.

    I've read most, if not all of your posts and this is the first time you've said you witnessed the attack. Less of the stupid remarks, that gene seems particularly strong within your own family and you wouldn't want to upset yaw relations, they might kill you.

  3. #483

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    84
    Style
    Bushido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
    we're trying to find the address of the school and the name of the victim

    do you have any information or can you get us in contact with sombody who might be able to provide us with that information?
    The dojo was in dumfries va. It was in a shopping center. The name of the dojo was Blythe's Shindokan Karate Studio. Thats about all i can give you. Oh for those who actually watch the video to see whats going on. My dad was an instructor. You can tell who the instructors were by their names being embroidered in their belts. Students had either a normal black belt or a black belt with a white stripe through the middle of it if they had recently been promoted to black.

  4. #484

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdFire$ View Post
    The dojo was in dumfries va. It was in a shopping center. The name of the dojo was Blythe's Shindokan Karate Studio. Thats about all i can give you. Oh for those who actually watch the video to see whats going on. My dad was an instructor. You can tell who the instructors were by their names being embroidered in their belts. Students had either a normal black belt or a black belt with a white stripe through the middle of it if they had recently been promoted to black.
    thank you ColdFire$

  5. #485

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    84
    Style
    Bushido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Who? View Post
    I've read most, if not all of your posts and this is the first time you've said you witnessed the attack. Less of the stupid remarks, that gene seems particularly strong within your own family and you wouldn't want to upset yaw relations.
    I never put what happened on this site. The entire account is posted on the NHB thread. You can go on over there and read it since they are doing a poor copy and paste job here.

  6. #486
    crappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,747
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anyone is claiming that this was anything remotely resembling a knockdown karate match, then let's set the record straight.

    Normally the match begins with the two parties facing one another and standing close enough to strike with their hands and connect.

    The parties bow.

    The ref says "Hajime" meaning begin.

    The players are allowed to surrender and a knockout or knockdown ends the match.

    In this case, the victim was attempting to demonstrate when he was kicked in the groin, without warning. Groin kicks are not allowed.

    Upon further review, I am noticing that the victim was throwing some punches very close to the face of Dennis, and Dennis actually was not throwing face punches until that happened. The victim may have even connected. Up until that moment, other than the groin kick, Dennis wasn't doing anything abnormal. He clearly got pissed after possibly getting hit and certainly after getting knocked down.

    So, in conclusion:

    1. Matches don't start out with surprise kicks to the groin.
    2. Face punches are not allowed to connect.

    Personally I think Dennis may have taken a shot to the face by accident and then when he got knocked down got his pride hurt and was facing the real possibility of defeat. At that point he escalated.

  7. #487
    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT supporting member
    Matt Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,756
    Style
    Submission Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdFire$ View Post
    First hand accounts of the information is relevant.
    I wasn't referring to you. As I said before, I have talked to people who were there, and they back up your story about being sent to wait in the office. I believe you are who you say you are.

  8. #488

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    342
    Style
    Muay Thai MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdFire$ View Post
    I never put what happened on this site. The entire account is posted on the NHB thread. You can go on over there and read it since they are doing a poor copy and paste job here.

    So you have an opportunity to correct it. Copy and paste away, it's your dad you are trying to protect. I'm comfy here.

  9. #489

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    84
    Style
    Bushido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    If anyone is claiming that this was anything remotely resembling a knockdown karate match, then let's set the record straight.

    Normally the match begins with the two parties facing one another and standing close enough to strike with their hands and connect.

    The parties bow.

    The ref says "Hajime" meaning begin.

    The players are allowed to surrender and a knockout or knockdown ends the match.

    In this case, the victim was attempting to demonstrate when he was kicked in the groin, without warning. Groin kicks are not allowed.

    Upon further review, I am noticing that the victim was throwing some punches very close to the face of Dennis, and Dennis actually was not throwing face punches until that happened. The victim may have even connected. Up until that moment, other than the groin kick, Dennis wasn't doing anything abnormal. He clearly got pissed after possibly getting hit and certainly after getting knocked down.

    So, in conclusion:

    1. Matches don't start out with surprise kicks to the groin.
    2. Face punches are not allowed to connect.

    Personally I think Dennis may have taken a shot to the face by accident and then when he got knocked down got his pride hurt and was facing the real possibility of defeat. At that point he escalated.
    This i can agree completely with and as a matter of fact was about to point these items out. The whole anger thing from the start was from the disruption of his class that was in session at the time, me being told to move before i get hurt, and to set the record streight i didnt try to get in the guys way, anyone knows that any karate session is set up with the students in neatly aligned rows. I just happened to be in the way when the guy was walking to the front. The reason blythe's article didnt mention this is probably because he didnt see it happen. He was in the office because he was not teaching. Once he did come out of the office he sent the junior students away and asked only the black belts to remain. The fight started pretty much as a "im gonna teach you a lesson bout comming in here running your mouth" type thing but changed dramatically when my dad got knocked down. Then it became a pride issue because he was knocked to the floor in front of the vary people he instructed. Pride took over and everything else was out the window. And as i said many times im not trying to defend his actions but giving you all a different perspective on the events. Yes it was overkill by far.

  10. #490

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    342
    Style
    Muay Thai MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdFire$ View Post
    The fight started pretty much as a "im gonna teach you a lesson bout comming in here running your mouth" type thing but changed dramatically when my dad got knocked down. Then it became a pride issue because he was knocked to the floor in front of the vary people he instructed. Pride took over and everything else was out the window. And as i said many times im not trying to defend his actions but giving you all a different perspective on the events. Yes it was overkill by far.
    If your Dad was an instructor just how poor were the rest of the class?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO