Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 10:08am

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post

People need to find out if he still teaches.
    People need to find out if the assaulted parties name if possible.
    If he still teaches, we need the address.

We need the names of his students, his boasts on youtube, and any other evidence.

Someone needs to track down the truth of this guy being in a mental institution.

Also, if possible, if he was delusional before or worse after.

Before, someone says it yes, some of this will be hard to obtain but, that is what people do here.
    I posted some of this earlier but here goes again (emphasis mine)

Robert E. Zingg is the owner and Chief Instructor of Zingg's Karate Center.

Mr. Zingg began his Karate training in 1969 at Quantico Marine Corps Base, Quantico, Virginia, studying Okinawan Isshinryu Karate under the late Gunnery Sgt. Donald Bohan, 6th Degree Black Belt, (later at the time of his death he was ranked as an 8th Degree Black Belt.) Mr. Zingg trained for 2 years under Sensei Bohan until Bohan was transfered to Viet Nam.

Mr. Zingg then began his study of Full-Contact Karate in the form of Okinawan Tozan-ryu Shindokan Karate under Sgt. Bobby Joe Blythe, 6th Degree Black Belt. Shindokan is a rugged form of full-contact karate from Okinawa that utilizes full power kicking, punching and striking techniques during sparring matches and training sessions.

At the age of 14 through 17 Mr. Zingg routinely fought daily matches against the other students in the class who were US Marines, more than twice his size. Mr. Zingg trained 7 days a week, 6 hours per day for 17 months to earn his 1st Degree Black Belt in Tozan-ryu Shindokan. In September of 1972 he was promoted to 1st Degree Black Belt and was the youngest student to ever earn a Black Belt in Shindokan at that time. His Shodan test lasted 12 grueling hours without a break. From 1972 through 1984 Mr. Zingg was the Senior Assistant Instructor at Shihan Blythe's school in Dumfries, Virginia and became the school manager in 1979.

In 1984 he moved to Charles Town, West Virginia, where he opened his own school. Mr. Zingg holds a 6th Degree Black Belt in Shorinji Toraken-ryu Karate and a 4th Degree Black Belt in Okinawan Tozan-ryu Karate as well as a 4th Degree Black Belt in Shorinji Toraken-ryu Kobudo (Weapon Arts). Mr. Zingg also has extensive training in Toraken-ryu Ju-jutsu and holds a 1st Degree Black Belt, he also has an Instructor Rating in Unconventional Personal Combat (a style of Military hand-to-hand combat originated and taught by Mr. Zingg's current instructor Dr. J. Ronald Cherry, 10th Degree Black Belt). Mr. Zingg's spent eight years as a professional bodyguard in Washington, DC. This experience gave him many high-risk opportunities to use his Martial Arts skills in the daily performance of his duties. Mr. Zingg encorporates this experience into the self-defense training aspect of the school, using his unique perspective and insight.

Mr. Zingg also worked for eight years as a physical education teacher in elementary, Jr. High and High school. This experience has helped him to understand and relate to young people in a friendly and non-threatening manner.

Currently, Mr. Zingg is a Special Education Teacher, where he specializes in teens with emotional and behavioral disorders, as well as the mildly mentally impaired.

http://www.blackbeltintl.com/info.php?id=387

Now Mr Zingg has his own website which has a page dedicated to Bobby Joe Blythe here

http://www.zinggskarate.cmasdirect.c...yJoeBlythe.pml

Just for clarification, Mr Zingg is not, AFAIK, depicted in the youtube video, he's just someone who managed that dojo until 1984 and still has some business connections with Bobby Joe Blythe through his own dojo. he also works with "the mentally impaired"

I hope this is helpful

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 10:12am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscodog View Post
    i watched the vid with the sound, absolutely disgusting behavior. Who is this guys teacher, can we email him this video so he sees what his student has done. I havent been this angry in a long time. It was a setup from the beginning, this guy is truly a piece of ****.
    According to one of his former students Blythe's former instructor was Shinsuke Kaneshima. It is not stated how long he has studied nor if he still instructs, if ya'll think it is prudent I can send a nice non confrontational email out to http://www.zinggskarate.cmasdirect.c...nggsKarate.pml and try and find out?

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 10:21am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MABS Video Discussion: - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Here is the cull:

Yes, I removed most of the video discussion as people were missing much of the pertinent information.

Once we get confirmation of the event and names I'll change the title.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 10:22am

Style: Shotokan & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go for it. Just be polite and non-accusatory. Ask for some information on Blythe and whether or not he still teaches. After you get a response from the guy and feel him out a little, maybe you can send him a link. He may know some of the people in the video, but whether or not he would be willing to help is another matter.

I think enough venting has been done. We're all disgusted and shocked at this reprehensible behavior. Why don't we brainstorm on a reasonable and legal course of action? Perhaps one of the lawyers or LEOs can give some advice.

Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    According to one of his former students Blythe's former instructor was Shinsuke Kaneshima. It is not stated how long he has studied nor if he still instructs, if ya'll think it is prudent I can send a nice non confrontational email out to http://www.zinggskarate.cmasdirect.c...nggsKarate.pml and try and find out?

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 10:31am

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now that we have the evidence, perhaps we should invite blythe over here (through his youtube account) to try and explain his and his students actions.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 10:36am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, someone should post this thread or email it to him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 10:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As soon as I get a response I will post it on here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 10:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I posted this to his comment section on youtube, hopefully he will come in and not just delete the comment.

Mr. Blythe,
    I would like to invite you to www.bullshido.net to the thread:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=1#post2192766

There are some questions that some members, including myself would like to ask about the video. I ask that you come and join the discussion so that we may get the story straight from the horses mouth so to speak and that there is no speculation.
    Thank you

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 10:53am

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's his facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/people/Bobby...the/1640706444

The black belt guy could be on his list of friends. I'm not on facebook so can't check

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 11:00am

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He mentions in the video description that the attacker is a recently promoted Black Belt. Another of his youtube videos shows a Shodan grading for three students, one is female, the other two are named as Norman Librea and Mike Jagoda. So it would likely be one of those.