Our Sponsors:

Page 39 of 187 FirstFirst ... 293536373839 404142434989139 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/20/2009 2:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Note that the amount of time elapsed between the event of the victim being dragged out the back of the dojo and the portion of video with Bobby Joe Blythe describing the "Trail of the Kung Fu Master" is unknown. It may have not been the same day. You can see that the pool of blood that forms under the victims head shortly after he is stopped is cleaned up in the portion where Blythe is carrying the camera.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    8/20/2009 2:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tkstka View Post
    Choking from fluid going in to your lungs and being choked by blood choke is totally different.

While in Blood choke the blood doesnt go to brain so it cant give fresh oxygen to your brain. In a suffocation from your own blood pouring into your lungs sounds like that. You try to breath and every time you suck air in to your lungs, some blood goes in making that gurling sound.
    Look, I'm trying to be nice because you guys are new here and want to assist. The fact remains that this is not youtube, and you can not just quote folk wisdom, CSI, ER, or Enter The Dragon. Absolutely everyone who has ever choked anyone out, witnessed chokeouts on the mat, knocked anyone out in sparring or competition, or witnessed the same understands what I am talking about. Rapid loss of consciousness is often associated with exactly that exact "snoring" sound.

As I said, establish the basis for your expertise, medical or martial, before you make an authoritative statement like that. you are contributing to a sense of hysteria around this event that I think is unwarranted.

The man was not exhibiting any behaviour that indicates stress beyond the knockout. There is no reason to believe he choked on his own blood.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2009 2:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsydeon View Post
    Note that the amount of time elapsed between the event of the victim being dragged out the back of the dojo and the portion of video with Bobby Joe Blythe describing the "Trail of the Kung Fu Master" is unknown. It may have not been the same day. You can see that the pool of blood that forms under the victims head shortly after he is stopped is cleaned up in the portion where Blythe is carrying the camera.
    While that is true, if memory serves me correct, it looked as if sunlight was coming through the bottom of the back door while the assault happened. I'd have to watch the video again, because it could possibly be artificial light (spotlight, outside light, car lights, etc.).

IIRC, the blood on the door outside of the dojo looked fresh when it was filmed, but I don't recall seeing/hearing anyone else during the second portion of the tape. So it definitely could have been filmed the following day by Bobby Joe Blythe.

I'm guessing the bloodspot on the door could have happened either when they picked him up to put him in the dumpster, or he rested there when he became conscious (if the story about the police is false). He could have also been trying to get back his sash, or whatever it was they took from him after he was unconscious.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2009 3:47pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil73 View Post
    That's the place. The Pizza Hut was also there at the time.

Also, 25 years ago, the NAPA autoparts was in the same shopping center, there was also a pharmacy that changed names at various times but was always a pharmacy. I think that's what they're talking about with regards to shoplifting and attempted pursesnatching.

I think the only business left there from the old days is a Padrino's II Pizza. That's a family owned business I believe. I'm sure whoever was running it back then will remember Blythe. Joe (the blind guy from our school) hangs out there quite a bit. The rest of the shopping center now is mostly small churches operating in the store fronts. I actually just drove past the place last night on an unrelated errand but didn't think to look over there.

And yeah, as I said in another post, the area behind that shopping center is the worst part of town. Even 25 years ago. It had the largest open air drug market in VA at one point.
    From the looks of street view Dumfries Shopping Plaza is the place. It looks like a lot of the shots from the female body guard piece were filmed there. Also, the store fronts look like they match up to the pan shot where the three women walk out of Blythe's Martial Arts Studio. Is there anyway someone can get some closer shots of the building fronts for a side by side comparison. Knowing the exact address would help a lot and give the police a better starting point. I hesitate to suggest contacting Padrino's simply because if they were around back then they may have ties to Blythe and it could interfere with the coming police investigation.

Also, the victim being found in a "bad" area would explain no serious investigation as the police would assume it was drug related if they had nothing else to go on.

Posted On:
    8/20/2009 11:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by littleoldme View Post
    I wonder whether it might be best to keep working on producing our videos / wiki page while taking time to ID a respected journalist with a background in civil rights and then to give them exclusive access to the remaining videos?
    I dunno, but it seems to me that alot of Bullys as well as members of the Underground and Sherdog have fwded links to the vid and the various forum threads and I'm sure I've read posts saying the vid has been sent to different outlets, TMZ, etc.
    No journalist is going to need 'exclusive access' to anything when its all available as public record on the internet anyways. The video has gone viral

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2009 12:44am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, this will be brief because its 1:37am. I just got off of the phone with the son. I will have to say he is what I call a gentleman and scholar. He was up front with me and I believe him. What does that entail? I believe the "priest" is alive. He may even be in the area. I believe he saw what happened. The video was not meant to be seen by all, but it was.

I will also say whoever sent his family (his immediate family) videos and whatnot was totally uncalled for and am ashamed to be associated (even remotely) with that. Who ever did it, kick yourself for being a douche.

Thanks Coldfire again for talking to me. Goodnight.

Posted On:
    8/21/2009 12:54am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please tell him to file his complaint with Bobby Joe Blythe concerning the broadcasting of this video that makes his Dad look bad.

Secondly his story regarding this individuals "threatening" behavior is contradicted by Mr. Blythe's comments concerning why the beatdown occured.

While I did not send the tape to his family members, and do not know who did this, I doubt that such behavior came as a surprise. At least several of them were present in 2007 for the aggravated battery that Mr. Dennis inflicted upon his stepdaughter's baby daddy. (Dennis was later convicted of this crime)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2009 1:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bushido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends on who you consider to be his family Me or the people mentioned in the public records

Posted On:
    8/21/2009 1:15am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are his son, each one of you are family members, though I imagine that you would not describe Mr. Cruz as family.

The floor is yours, please make any argument you would like to.
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 8/21/2009 1:21am at .

Posted On:
    8/21/2009 1:20am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning View Post
    Please tell him to file his complaint with Bobby Joe Blythe concerning the broadcasting of this video that makes his Dad look bad.

Secondly his story regarding this individuals "threatening" behavior is contradicted by Mr. Blythe's comments concerning why the beatdown occured.

While I did not send the tape to his family members, and do not know who did this, I doubt that such behavior came as a surprise. At least several of them were present in 2007 for the aggravated battery that Mr. Dennis inflicted upon his stepdaughter's baby daddy. (Dennis was later convicted of this crime)
    an internet search seems to indicate that the tape was sent to Dennis family members by part as an anon project, which included some racist language in its instructions. As anyone who has reviewed this thread is aware, I did not want anon to get involved in this matter.