221367 Bullies, 4076 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 1888
Page 184 of 189 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184 185186187188 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Charles Brown is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas by way of Long Island
    Posts
    241

    Posted On:
    4/13/2012 4:48pm

    supporting member
     Style: DT Instructor

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys,

    That beating supposedly took place in 1984. The footage in the video does suggest that it took place in the mid-80's. John Doe died in January of 2002. It's very unlikey that John Doe is KFG. Even if he is, he clearly didn't die as a result of the beating. If KFG did die as a result of the beating, he surely isn't John Doe.
  2. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,763

    Posted On:
    4/13/2012 5:00pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, and they both admit it is conjecture. It is an interesting train of thought that, is actually relevant to the thread. Considering all the angry, dumb, and "OMG is he dead/alive" stuff, I'm glad we finally have a good bump.
  3. SifuAbel is offline
    SifuAbel's Avatar

    Hole in one.

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,018

    Posted On:
    4/13/2012 5:14pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually if it is him, then it would exonerate BJB of murder but he'd still be liable for wounding this individual. I don't know whats worse, dieing and ending it quickly or living 18 years with a horrible and painful deformity.

    Also, how accurate is this estimate of death? Does anyone know if he got a proper autopsy? He's been buried for ten years now. So this case may well go up in smoke.

    Karma is a bitch, bobby joe.
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee
  4. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,465

    Posted On:
    4/13/2012 5:53pm

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even if the date of death was the same year as the beating, KFG=John Doe would still exonerate Willie Dennis of murder (the man walked back to his stash and changed his clothes). If the fellow died of sepsis as a result of not seeking proper medical care, it's hard to make a murder case. Maybe some angle like 'depraved indifference'?

    Sam?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
  5. SifuAbel is offline
    SifuAbel's Avatar

    Hole in one.

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,018

    Posted On:
    4/13/2012 8:27pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh well, I guess they'll be no justice for KFG. :DudeComeOn:
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee
  6. Charles Brown is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas by way of Long Island
    Posts
    241

    Posted On:
    4/13/2012 8:36pm

    supporting member
     Style: DT Instructor

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    Actually if it is him, then it would exonerate BJB of murder but he'd still be liable for wounding this individual. I don't know whats worse, dieing and ending it quickly or living 18 years with a horrible and painful deformity.

    Also, how accurate is this estimate of death? Does anyone know if he got a proper autopsy? He's been buried for ten years now. So this case may well go up in smoke.

    Karma is a bitch, bobby joe.
    Well, even without an autopsy, they could figure out more or less when he died. And by that, I mean that they could surely tell that he died in 2002, vice 1985. If John Doe is KFG, BJB is in the clear. There is no statute of limitations for murder, but there sure is for assault; even aggravated assault. Unless KFG died as a result of the beating, BJB and his Karate student are in the clear. There's nothing that can be done about it now, even if they came forward and admitted to the horrible beating. You can hope for karma, but the law isn't going to do anything about it.
  7. SifuAbel is offline
    SifuAbel's Avatar

    Hole in one.

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,018

    Posted On:
    4/13/2012 11:24pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah pretty much.
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee
  8. Yamabushi is offline
    Yamabushi's Avatar

    Isolated and Confused

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London, U.K.
    Posts
    198

    Posted On:
    4/14/2012 6:20am

    supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu, Aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Even if the date of death was the same year as the beating, KFG=John Doe would still exonerate Willie Dennis of murder (the man walked back to his stash and changed his clothes). If the fellow died of sepsis as a result of not seeking proper medical care, it's hard to make a murder case. Maybe some angle like 'depraved indifference'?

    Sam?
    Not necessarily. Most legal jurisdictions accept that a charge of murder can be made even if death occurred some time* after the original assault if it can be shown that death was as a direct result of the injuries sustained. The fact that someone lived long enough to change their clothes wouldn't be relevant.

    *Used to be a year and a day but most places have abandoned that based on advances in medical care.
    Failing to become awesome since 1976
  9. SifuAbel is offline
    SifuAbel's Avatar

    Hole in one.

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,018

    Posted On:
    4/14/2012 9:17am

    Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamabushi View Post
    Not necessarily. Most legal jurisdictions accept that a charge of murder can be made even if death occurred some time* after the original assault if it can be shown that death was as a direct result of the injuries sustained. The fact that someone lived long enough to change their clothes wouldn't be relevant.

    *Used to be a year and a day but most places have abandoned that based on advances in medical care.
    What I don't get is that there was no DNA found. Only skeletal remains wrapped in a sleeping bag. How did they determine time of death? That kind of dessication and decomposition takes a long time.
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee
  10. PointyShinyBurn is offline
    PointyShinyBurn's Avatar

    Gnarly King of Half-Guard

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,226

    Posted On:
    4/14/2012 9:31am

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Even if the date of death was the same year as the beating, KFG=John Doe would still exonerate Willie Dennis of murder (the man walked back to his stash and changed his clothes). If the fellow died of sepsis as a result of not seeking proper medical care, it's hard to make a murder case. Maybe some angle like 'depraved indifference'?
    No matter how foolish (or even malicious, theoretically) the defendant after the event it can still be murder http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggshell_skull

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.