230800 Bullies, 4245 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1871
Page 129 of 188 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2009 3:16pm

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2009 4:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just found an interesting reply from Robert Zingg on the fairfaxunderground forum (about half-way down the page):

Your anger over the video is understandable. However, I had already left Mr. Blythe's school approx 8 months earlier and moved to WV to start my own school and do my own thing. Although I have maintained occasional contact with Mr. Blythe over the years I have not received any instruction from him in over 25 years. I have gone on to learn from other instructors and represent other organizations.

I do not condone the actions in the video. It certainly did not portray the school I remember.

Yes, Mr. Blythe was my instructor from 1971 to 1984, and the references to him on my website are an historical record of my martial arts training. I will not deny who I have trained with over they years, nor will I run away from it.

This incident was investigated over 15 years ago and I was interviewed by the police then, and will certainly cooperate again, however I can add nothing that has not already been said. This video has caused a firestorm of righteous indignation and people are looking for justice, but due to the ongoing investigation I will not comment further nor speculate on the many conspiracy theories being expounded on the net.

The best information about the video can be viewed by going to the www.Bullshido.net website and viewing their investigative discussion group there.

Your concerns are well taken, but I travel a different path than Mr. Blythe.

Thank you for your time, and take care.

Rob Zingg
    Most of what he said has already been posted here earlier in the thread, in these two messages: one, two.

However, I do believe the parts of this message I highlighted in red are new.

We have heard claims that there was an investigation in to the incident before, but (to my knowledge) this is the first corroboration of that claim from Zingg.

If there really was an investigation, there should be records.

Also, it's interesting that Zingg claims that the investigation happened 15 years ago, while the incident supposedly happened 25 years ago.

If the attack really did take place 25 years ago, why was there a 10-year gap between the attack and the investigation?

According to the August 30th Washington Post article, the video of the attack turned up "sometime in the 1990s". It sounds like it may have been the video that prompted the investigation in the mid-90's.

There's much more of a chance of records having been preserved from the mid-90's than from 1984, so hopefully the police have been able to get at them.

Also, it would have been a lot easier for the police investigating this case in the mid-90's to get at records from 1984, so hopefully the records of the mid-90's investigation will have some evidence from 1984 (like, at least the victim's name).

Is there any way for us to get at those records through a Freedom of Information request or somesuch?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2009 5:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just found a Hanford Sentinel article from September 3rd, which mostly restates what's already been covered by this thread and other articles, but has some new facts:

1 - An unnamed law enforcement agency has contacted the Hanford (CA) police department about the whereabouts of Bobby Joe Blythe.

2 - The Hanford PD confirmed Blythe lived there and has not been involved in any major criminal activities.

3 - According to Hanford's Police Chief Carlos Mestas, "The military may also be looking into this. Blythe was apparently a Marine sergeant at the time, so there could be something in the uniform code of military justice that applies here."

The statement about Blythe's possible culpability under the UCMJ is particularly interesting.

Does anyone here with a background in military law know what the statute of limitations in the UCMJ is for assault, attempted murder, or murder? Or what other possible violations of the UCMJ Blythe (or Willie J Dennis, if he was also an active Marine at the time) could be charged with?
    Last edited by noosphere; 9/12/2009 5:57pm at .

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    9/12/2009 6:37pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by noosphere View Post
    I just found a Hanford Sentinel article from September 3rd, which mostly restates what's already been covered by this thread and other articles, but has some new facts:

1 - An unnamed law enforcement agency has contacted the Hanford (CA) police department about the whereabouts of Bobby Joe Blythe.

2 - The Hanford PD confirmed Blythe lived there and has not been involved in any major criminal activities.

3 - According to Hanford's Police Chief Carlos Mestas, "The military may also be looking into this. Blythe was apparently a Marine sergeant at the time, so there could be something in the uniform code of military justice that applies here."

The statement about Blythe's possible culpability under the UCMJ is particularly interesting.

Does anyone here with a background in military law know what the statute of limitations in the UCMJ is for assault, attempted murder, or murder? Or what other possible violations of the UCMJ Blythe (or Willie J Dennis, if he was also an active Marine at the time) could be charged with?
    I have a student who is a JAG lawyer. I will ask him
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2009 9:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: modern budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I grew up in a USMC family and we as well as all of my friends' families moved around every 2-3 years. Wouldn't it be strange for Blythe to be active duty and stationed in the same place for over 10 years?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2009 3:35am

Style: Observation

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krept View Post
    I grew up in a USMC family and we as well as all of my friends' families moved around every 2-3 years. Wouldn't it be strange for Blythe to be active duty and stationed in the same place for over 10 years?
    No, I spent 10 years in the military and even though the longest time I was ever able to homestead one place was two years- I met many who were capable of homesteading a particular spot, successfully, for over 10 years.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2009 9:56am

Style: sukuanaihayashi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In this article it says police have found another beating victim. He said he was invited to Bobby Joe Blythe's dojo to demonstrate his style and the next thing he remembers was waking on the way to the hospital.

http://www2.insidenova.com/isn/news/...g_video/42943/
    Last edited by sukunaihayashi; 9/13/2009 10:18am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2009 11:34am

Style: Taijiquan - Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TFG View Post
    No, I spent 10 years in the military and even though the longest time I was ever able to homestead one place was two years- I met many who were capable of homesteading a particular spot, successfully, for over 10 years.
    Yes, it really depends on one's AFSC/MOS. There are certain jobs that are only present at a handful (like 1 - 3) of locations. So, in that situation, spending 10+ years at a single installation is fairly common.

Nice job on this this thread so far, y'all.

Posted On:
    9/13/2009 6:42pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I talked to a Bullshido member who is a probation officer in Florida. Evidently Mr. Dennis's probation has been terminated early, despite the fact that he still owed $700 in court costs.

My professional regards to Mr. Dennis's counsel who evidently managed to convince his honor to cut Mr. Dennis loose. We'll be watching for when Mr. Dennis picks up his next charge.

And JusticeCM, you obviously can decide whether you wish to try to interview Mr. Dennis. I agree with Steve that since you just showed up, that I don't want to work through you for the reasons he stated.

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 12:08am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The probe into the 1984 video of a severe beating at a Dumfries karate dojo hasn’t led to the identity of the man seen bleeding and unconscious. But it has uncovered at least one other victim, detectives said.

That man recently told police that members of the karate school invited him to the dojo in the late 1980s to display his fighting style. The next thing the man remembered was waking up in the back of an ambulance on its way to the hospital, he told detectives."

"Masterson also said there is no statute of limitations on felony assault charges. If identified, the attacker in the video could be charged with malicious wounding or aggravated assault."

from: http://www2.insidenova.com/isn/news/...g_video/42943/

Looks like prosecution is a likelihood for Dennis (if it can be proven by the police that the man in the vid is him) and also, the fact that another victim has come forward points to the fact that this was almost certainly a semi-regular occurrence.

Looks like they're backing off from the "oh we know for sure he's not dead" talk too.

Anyway, first post greetings from the original Dumfries (Dumfries, Scotland).