Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, might as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 8:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
    This was 25 years ago. Chances of finding the paper from back then is pretty much 0%
    Not at all. Local papers are archived in local libraries on microfiche, should be able to go straight to that date and a few days after, and check for posted police activity.

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 8:53pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.yobasement.com/vidfeeder_...id=CAceL38NvTI

I'm still looking for that video, but here's some interesting stuff.

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 8:56pm

Style: Regretfully, TKD.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, so, anyone living in or around Drumfrie, VA? Best bet is that a local paper may have reported the incident.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 9:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do & Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have reported this story to Chris Hansen of Dateline NBC and Black Belt Magazine along with Greta Van Sustren. If I here anything from any of them I will let everyone know. I think the media needs to get involved and run this story. I feel like were all in a corner with nowhere to turn. Who would have thought it would be this hard to report a crime? I even tried to report it to America's Most Wanted with no luck. Maybe we should start a posse and handle it ourselves "just kidding maybe"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 9:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks everyone for getting involved. When I was first shown this video I didn't know what to do. I don't know what made me think of Bullshido but I'm glad I did.

I have found where to submit it to the AP and have found various discussion forums for journalists that I can submit to as well. Before I do this I just wanted to check and see if anyone's done the same thing yet. Also, has anyone contacted the TODAY show or People magazine since they did "glowing" reports on him about the same time in the 80's? It looks like this thread is popping up A LOT if you google Bobby Joe Blythe. Way to go everyone!

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 9:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The more you repeat his name, Bobby Joe Blythe, the more you'll find it pop up on google, Bobby Joe Blythe.

As to why it's hard to report, it's 25 years old. According to the attorney that visits this site, well beyond the time limit to have it reported for a charge. Plus jurisdiction, etc.
    However, what we are able to do is hurt the reputation of said individuals so that they can no longer teach. Warn people of their crimes. As well as support evidence to any cases being held against them, which is what we're doing with Willie J Dennis.

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 10:46pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
    The more you repeat his name, Bobby Joe Blythe, the more you'll find it pop up on google, Bobby Joe Blythe.

As to why it's hard to report, it's 25 years old. According to the attorney that visits this site, well beyond the time limit to have it reported for a charge. Plus jurisdiction, etc.
    However, what we are able to do is hurt the reputation of said individuals so that they can no longer teach. Warn people of their crimes. As well as support evidence to any cases being held against them, which is what we're doing with Willie J Dennis.
    I wouldn't say that our goal is to "harm reputations" our goal is to report facts surrounding various martial artists and their business practices. If they happen to post video of a student severely beating a mentally ill man after he gave up, (with their apparent agreement) the viewer can draw their own conclusions.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 11:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly. No need for us to "harm reputations". The video speaks clearly for itself. People can make their own judgements. It's equally astonishing that something like this is so fuzzy when it comes to trying to turn it over to the proper authorities. I believe that's all anyone on here really wants to do.

I've placed invites for Virginia attorneys that may want to weigh in on the discussion at 2 websites to do so. You never know if somone local may have time to examine the facts and dig around a little. Once again, I feel better knowing that I didn't keep the video to myself and that at least that man didn't go through that without anyone ever caring what happened to him. We may be 25 yrs late but we're here!

Posted On:
    8/16/2009 12:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, on the matter of Blythe, a member claims to have come across his contact info.
    So, what do we do from here? Shall we call, get more on Blythe's side of the story? Find out what Blythe is up to MA wise? Just to double check whether he has actually retired. So on and so forth.