Our Sponsors:

Page 11 of 188 FirstFirst ... 7891011 121314152161111 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 5:36pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last edited by crappler; 8/15/2009 5:41pm at .

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 5:44pm

Style: Regretfully, TKD.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis_Fist View Post
    Watch for the last minute before the "fight" begins. You see the sensei backing off, and the black belt shadowing the visitors every move. The tension was hostile for a long time before the "match" ever started, that guy had every intent on kicking his ass.

Do we have a status update on media / LEO contacts? Who is taking the lead on this?
    From what we were able to find out, the man administering the beating is Willie J Dennis. He has a court appearance for a seperate count of Aggravated Battery with a Deadly Weapon on Aug. 18. Plissken has sent the video and links to the Broward County Attorney's Office. It could be used as evidance about the man's character and of what he's capable of.
    We don't know anything about the victim other then what Blythe has said.
    As for Blythe, we know that the particular school he had this assault filmed in has since closed. We are currently checking on whether or not he has another school opened. It's suspected he does.
    The other videos we've found on Blythe just adds to the suspicions we have on his reputation around the town.
    Also, in case anyone doesn't know, Blythe was the one who had posted the video on youtube.
    As for a media update, a new member had sent the video to Fox and another news outlet. Nothing came of it though.
    As who's leading the investigation, no one so far.

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 5:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.torakendo.com/Leadership/zingg.html

According to this link, Blythe was already a 6th degree black belt in 1971. But the information from Zinggskarate site states that "In 1965, Mr. Blythe started his Karate career while attending college in Mississippi, studying Shotokan Karate with his roommate who was a cousin to Elvis Presley."

"
    Shihan Zingg began his Karate training in 1969 studying Okinawan Isshinryu Karate. Two years later he began studying Okinawan Tozan-ryu Shindokan Karate under Bobby Joe Blythe, 6th Degree Black Belt. From 1972 through 1984, Mr. Zingg was the Senior Assistant Instructor at Shihan Blythe's school in Dumfries, Virginia"

In other words, Blythe became a sixth degree black belt in about six years.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 5:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the update.

Probably zero chance of getting the victim's name? We could check police reports / newspapers in the area, since the police did drag him out of the dumpster. I wonder if he survived the stomps to the neck.

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 5:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DOB: 06/1946

My search indicates he may now live in Fresno. I have addresses and telephone numbers available to me. However, I will wait for guidance on the matter as to how everyone wants to proceed.

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 5:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This was 25 years ago. Chances of finding the paper from back then is pretty much 0%
    We were thinking about checking the local mental institutes, as Blythe's comments lead us to believe he was taken to one, and see if the institutes had any files on anyone matching the description. No one has checked though on the fact of the Privacy Policy.

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 6:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, I would contact Sam and check how he would go about this matter.

I would say that the first thing to check is if Blythe is currently teaching, and if yes, what school.

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 6:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    http://www.torakendo.com/Leadership/zingg.html

According to this link, Blythe was already a 6th degree black belt in 1971. But the information from Zinggskarate site states that "In 1965, Mr. Blythe started his Karate career while attending college in Mississippi, studying Shotokan Karate with his roommate who was a cousin to Elvis Presley."

"
    Shihan Zingg began his Karate training in 1969 studying Okinawan Isshinryu Karate. Two years later he began studying Okinawan Tozan-ryu Shindokan Karate under Bobby Joe Blythe, 6th Degree Black Belt. From 1972 through 1984, Mr. Zingg was the Senior Assistant Instructor at Shihan Blythe's school in Dumfries, Virginia"

In other words, Blythe became a sixth degree black belt in about six years.
    You know, looking at this further, Zingg is probably just saying Blythe is NOW a sixth degree, not that he was back in 71. It's just not clear but that makes more sense.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 6:53pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
    Hmm, I would contact Sam and check how he would go about this matter.

I would say that the first thing to check is if Blythe is currently teaching, and if yes, what school.
    No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Instructor watches/films a student attacking a mentally challenged man in his school

Here is the response that I got inquiring if Blythe was still teaching. I had told him that I maybe moving to Virginia and was interested in training with Blythe. I understand that might not be cool but I didn't want to be accusatory nor wanted to put the him in a defensive position right away.

Chad,

Thanks for contacting me about Sensei Blythe. Unfortunately he is no longer in Virginia and has retired from teaching martial arts. I have a dojo in West Virginia about a 90 minute drive from Fredericksburg, and you are welcome to come up and train with us.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 7:37pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you IFF.

Should I invite Mr. Zing into the thread?