Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Send an e-mail to WingChunDo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 1:09pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, according to Mr. Dennis' MySpace profile he's a Gemini - i.e. born between May 21 - June 20. The "Willie J. Dennis" with the criminal record shows a birthdate of March 1959. It may be the same guy but I think it's unlikely.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 1:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Solvalou View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do we know for sure that the guy that was linked to on My Space is definitely the BB from the video?
    I have the relevant web pages bookmarked at work. I'll post the links on Monday. Briefly, I searched for Shindokan-(whatever) Ryu in Virginia and found a guy who had a picture up of himself with the guy who promoted him. That guy was clearly the same man as the BB in the video, and they are clearly in the same Dojo. His name was given as "Willie J. Dennis". A search of Shindokan and "Willie J. Dennis" brings up the myspace page I linked to.

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 1:35pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    I have the relevant web pages bookmarked at work. I'll post the links on Monday. Briefly, I searched for Shindokan-(whatever) Ryu in Virginia and found a guy who had a picture up of himself with the guy who promoted him. That guy was clearly the same man as the BB in the video, and they are clearly in the same Dojo. His name was given as "Willie J. Dennis". A search of Shindokan and "Willie J. Dennis" brings up the myspace page I linked to.
    Thanks. I wasn't questioning you, I was just curious. I'm terrible at facial recognition; I often don't even recognise friends if I haven't seen them for a while or they're outside of the context from which I know them, for example seeing work friends outside of work.

I was Googling Mr. Blythe when I came across this: http://www.bohans-family.com/friends/Blythe_b/index.htm

It seems he served in Vietnam. I'm not saying it vindicates him, but it may explain why the assault doesn't seem to be such a big deal to him if he's lived through something so horrific.

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 1:36pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, that crazy dude was doing okay actually knocked that asshole down. And he did not strike first, and he was not throwing face punches either. And the crazy guy tried to halt the fight after "Dennis" if that is his name, escalated.

The head stomps were definitely a felony, and will be easy to prosecute. There may be some accomplice liability here. For sure Sensei dickface will be charged.

If anyone needs me to research the law of the state let me know.

There's probably a lot of people who would like to issue a challenge to these guys but it looks like they would shoot you.
    Last edited by crappler; 8/15/2009 1:50pm at .

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 1:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    And the crazy guy tried to halt the fight after "Dennis" if that is his name, escalated.
    This is confirmation of his identity that I missed. Thanks.

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 1:53pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I assume we are still trying to id the assailant. He did not appear to me to be 50 years old in that video. It seemed like a younger man but I could be wrong. If someone can get me more information I can do a records check. Name, date of birth, location, etc.

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 2:04pm

Style: Regretfully, TKD.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it is confirmed that this is in fact the same Willie J. Dennis in court as the one who assaulted that man, is there any way we would be able to send the prosecutor the video? It could be used as evidance about the man's character and what he's capable of. An obvious danger to society.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 2:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
    If it is confirmed that this is in fact the same Willie J. Dennis in court as the one who assaulted that man, is there any way we would be able to send the prosecutor the video? It could be used as evidance about the man's character and what he's capable of. An obvious danger to society.

I have messaged the Broward County Attorney's Office with a link to both threads and a direct link to the video Rancid Pantaloons has saved.

Recently a video appeared on "YouTube" from the early to mid 1980s of a man beating another man during a karate match, this video has since been pulled from YouTube.

The website, Bullshido.net, which is designed to discuss frauds in the martial arts, began a discussion of this video, found here:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88535
    and
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88540

A poster on the site, was able to save the video as shown in this posting:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...3&postcount=90

It is believed that the man committing the assault is one Willie Dennis, through numerous points, as reference in the thread.

As Mr. Dennis has a case to be heard on August 18, 2009,

http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/bccoc2/pubsearch/case_summary.aspx?hidSearchType=party_case&txtLast Name=dennis&txtFirstName=willie&txtMiddleInitial=& txtBusinessEntity=&chkAdvSearch=0&cboCourtType=&sb mPublicParty=Submit&user_type=&CACE90030899=CIV&CO WE06003946=CIV&FMCE05010166=CIV,CIV&FMCE99003646=C IV&hidCaseNumber=07001189CF10A&07001189CF10A=CRM&C ACE93024645=CIV&91028437MM10A=CRM&FMCE96006078=CIV &hidCourtType=CRM&hidGeneralType=CRM&ctl00$Content PlaceHolder1$comcs$btnSummary=View%20Selected%20Ca se&&user_type=

Perhaps this video may aid your office in establishing past history on Mr. Dennis, should your office feel comfortable in determining the identity of the assailant and should you choose to enter this into evidence.

It is our hope that the proper parties can be notified and have justice served in the instance shown on this video.

Thank you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2009 5:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
    Great, however, I feel a bit uncomfortable calling that ambush a Karate match.
    Watch for the last minute before the "fight" begins. You see the sensei backing off, and the black belt shadowing the visitors every move. The tension was hostile for a long time before the "match" ever started, that guy had every intent on kicking his ass.

Do we have a status update on media / LEO contacts? Who is taking the lead on this?